Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Good morning, All! Welcome to the MashUp for today, 10 December 2014: the King of Cups, the 5 of Swords and lensing for us today in a rare incarnated appearance, XIII Death. (Today’s deck is the *Night Sun Tarot* by Fabio Listriani, and it is an artistic delight!) Well, hmmm. Hem & haw. Pick my nose, stare out the window. Run multiplication tables in my head. Anything at all but look at that spread. The King of Cups, the former Archibald Piggott-Smythe, is not a buddy. He whines, and it makes me want to just bitch slap him. I am not the artistic soul; I love the product, sometimes obsessively, but the maker often leaves me confused, angry or contemptuous. Not good qualities, but I’m not going to go all Thomas Aquinas on you, don’t worry. The essence, the crystalline distillation of this, for me, is a very talented musician. The contempt and condescension for normal mortals is overwhelming, and one both understands and pities. Understands that people who can create like that ARE special, and pities them their severe self-imposed isolation from humanity. A reaction guaranteed to deepen their dislike of you, of me, of human beings. Kings of Cups drive me MAD; “Put a cork it in it, pal, in this kingdom I’d rather deal with your wife.” And tra-li-dah-di-fucking-lah, look who’s his equerry today; the 5 of Swords, “Grima Wormtongue” (excuse me, Mr. Tolkein.) That bastard child of Despair and the harridan Hatefulness, you know, WHAT ARE THESE TWO DOING IN MY WORLD? No, no, thrice no, let the Lenswoman come and sweep it away! So, in the face of this, I seem to be driven to call for our friend and dearest enemy, Change and More, to perform a seasonal house-cleaning. It is hard for me to look at this draw today; while there are “elegant” parts to it, I see and/or find nothing sympathetic here, nothing at all. I see, rather, the playing out of some tawdry emotional failure and the thus-triggered over-the-top drama-heavy solution. Perhaps I wasn’t clear with Direction the last time we spoke, “I don’t LIKE drama or drama queens. I’M the Star of my life, not some bit player.” “I welcome Change into my life, embracing it fearlessly and hopefully,” is the Affirmation for the day under the sign of XIII Death. Okay, I can do that, but may I tell you, I am mightily exhausted today and just feel “weak,” tired and out of sorts. I’m feeling emotionally put upon, resentful of need, and generally unpleasant all the way around. Why, I’m not sure. I’ve had some lovely contacts & conversations recently that are DEEPLY emotional and personal, so perhaps it is simply my anger at being “contaried” in any domain right now. I don’t know. It’s a wait & see, I guess.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment