Saturday, December 20, 2014

Good morning, All! Welcome to my MashUp for 21 December 2014: the Page of Wands, the 4 of Swords and, lensing for us today with the attitude of a bright, new penny is the youthful insouciance of the 3 of Pentacles. (Today’s deck is *The Sacred Rose Tarot* by Johanna Gargiulo-Sherman. Lovely deck, particularly given to readings.) I feel as if I’ve been mugged by a gang of escaped Munchkins who have to live as freebooters since the Fall of the Wicked Witch and the lapse of Law in the land. (Yeah, that’s right, nobody thinks about the dirty reality that returns the day after film shooting stops.) My draw this morning is all minors and it has been awhile since that happened. I’ve got more of a Harriet Homemaker kink as a card reader; a healthy, balanced hand consists of 1 Major Arcanum and 1 minor Arcanum, and of course, a dish of Court Card on the side. “Now eat your greens, Mark, or you won’t grow up to be big and strong like Uncle Aleister!” Of course, it’s a load of balderdash, as how many times have you known Life to serve you carefully measured and varied portions? HA! Almost never, right? Whatever the question is (“Is it true I wear my pearls to bed to never be caught looking “unchic? And will this habit get me a man and money tout de suite? C’mon, c’mon, you’re a card reader, ain’t ya?”), the day has to start with card 1 and today that is the Page of Wands. He’s a cute kid, isn’t he? He wants so much that I take up his new idea, that I give it consideration and consider it as the next thing to do; well, it can’t hurt to at least take a look at it and, if necessary, let him down gently. On the other hand, I could be surprised and what he brings could be of inestimable value – I just have to look inside the glittering red gem he is carrying to judge the situation myself. Regardless of what I find there this morning, however, I’m going to feel that retreat, inaction, re-sourcing and rest are of more vital importance at the moment than is rushing off to a new quest. That doesn’t surprise me at all; for two years my energy levels have fluctuated wildly due to a suite of illnesses and medical fuck-ups, and while I am much better overall now, I still have days of extreme, sourceless fatigue, and I can already feel that today is one of those days. Veronica Chamberlain remarked the other day that she saw a kind of steady flow of goodies towards me in that day’s draw [yesterday?] – I hope she is right and the delivery boys are running hot & cold today, because to be an entitled white person about it, I don’t feel like moving my ass today; hell, I’m not sure I’m CAPABLE of it. I REALLY don’t mind a good, steady touch of 4 of Swords today; he can very well keep me from overextending myself. Naturally, all of this is being watched by the 3 of Pentacles, and I can see it writ large on his face: “Get up! Move! Time’s a-waistin’! We’ve got work to do, important work! We have to participate in this communal effort, so c’mon, get yer butt outta bed and let’s go, go, Go!” You know, if it wasn’t such an effort, I would get up and, picking him up by the scruff of his neck, toss him through the donjon window. But he IS right, and I know it. But I’m stretching out my cat-like legs of spiritual indolence and I AM going to take it slow and easy, despite the 3 of Pentacle’s harangues to the contrary. I can prepare myself for a FORTHCOMING willingness to expend effort if I repeat to myself, “Mw Will flows in a perfect stream of Force,” even though, for the moment, that stream seems to be momentarily blocked by the Castors of Contrariness. Ah well, what’s a stick of dynamite for? . . . .




No comments:

Post a Comment