Friday, January 9, 2015

Good morning, All! Welcome to the MashUp for 10 January 2015: the Ace of Swords, the King of Swords and looking cool in their ruins of columns and coins, the 6 of Pentacles seem too self-absorbed to be bothered. (Today’s deck is *The Mystic Dreamer’s Tarot” by Heidi Darras and Barbara Moore.) Really, this looks like a picayune reading, as if I had asked a very small, precise question and received a small, precise answer. Well, almost. Starting out with the Ace of Swords is an excellent start, but signals yet another sword-heavy hand, of which I get a lot. At least 4 out of 5 of my self-readings are dominated by Swords, generally translating, I suppose, that I have a less-than-pacific character. Which is true, of course; I am constantly tilting at windmills. Well, for now, I’ll take it as an amalgam of knowledge, understanding and intuition. This Ace is being vehicled by – ta-da! – The King of Swords. It occurs to me that I am in some sort of Renaissance prison – I’m almost always in fucking swords and always being told to curb myself, to watch out for splattering blood, be careful Mark, the din of battle could cause you to go deaf, etcetera. Kee-rist almighty, for a guy who prefers peace, calm & tinkling pools in shaded Moorish gardens, I am MUCH called upon and lectured at the same time to/about Juggernaut Mark, and I have to listen, ONCE AGAIN, to how I need to keep a saddle on him, but, “Oh please, sir Knight Juggernaut Mark, would you ride forth and bloodily vanquish all of yours and MY foes to our evolution. Thank you, and don’t be surprised when after it is done I wave a scented handkerchief, hold my nose and point my finger at you as the turd in the punchbowl.” The King knows and recognizes all of this, which is why he rarely “rides out.” (The King of Swords isn’t a particularly nice guy; he’s ferociously intelligent, but he doesn’t have a lot of time for people, as they are ALWAYS disappointing, in the situation and in his expectations. People, to him, are generally lying, unconscious filth.) With the 6 of Pentacles, it seems that I am being asked to bring some sort of measured charity out for a walk today. Apparently, said charity needs a shitload of protection, what with the Ace AND the King of Swords around, but she isn’t paying much attention. We can ask, “What is going on? Why charity for one but not the other? What IS IT that the giver obviously fears so much from the denied recipient? There is something inherently hypocritical with that idea of “measured generosity” and “calculated kindness.) It’s all so self-serving, it almost makes you ill to witness. It isn’t even about, “What have you done for me lately?”, it is more, “What haven’t I given myself yet today that I don’t deserve or have any right to but am going to possess anyway?” In her companion book to this deck, Barbara Moore has a good teaser question: “The woman receiving the money is wearing a large gold pendant. Why is she asking for money?” Every one of us has an answer to that, and they are not all the same. Let’s grab an affirmation – I am blessed with the bounty in Life (I AM a King, after all!) – and ride the hell out of here. I don’t feel like healing the scrofulous today.




No comments:

Post a Comment