Wednesday, January 14, 2015


 Good morning, All! Welcome to my MashUp for 15 January 2015: the 6 of Cups, VI the Lovers and lensing from afar and from a place of exquisite emotional pain is the 3 of Swords. (Today’s deck is the *Tarot Draconis* by Davide Corsi. Of all the dragon tarots out there, IMO this is the least hammy and the most elegant. You have to be very careful when buying “animal” tarots, they can be saccharine and disgusting, not to mention symbolically incorrect.) Before we go any further, I’d like to give you the LWB definitions of the cards; they’re short. They are illustrative of HOW differently we can see the same thing, even/especially the artist (there is no other author listed.) **/** 6 of Cups: What you were is what you are. Teachings of the past. Life cycles. VI the Lovers: Divided by a spell, the Lovers are part of each other. No barrier can obstruct their search for Union. Profound self-recognition is the ideal to pursue; some call this Love. 3 of Swords: The attack of the warrior demons. Misunderstandings & displeasures. **/** Amazing, isn’t it? It would never have occurred to me to speak of Pride, Spells, Demons & Understatement. Silly me, I’ve been doing it wrong all these years, I should have been talking and doing readings like fairy tales! Of course, why didn’t I see it before? Poor blind me, if I had to sum up, to encapsulate, this draw, I would say, “You’re going to have to make a choice. On one side of the choice will be everything that you have known and who you are, and on the other side of the choice lies a deep, unassuageable sorrow, a sorrow with which you have made your peace, but which did not cease to exist for all that. As the draw is 100% upright, I would hazard the guess that you will make the right choice, and that Fate or Destiny or whatever you name it will most likely make Sorrow the right choice, because not moving at all, taking the past for the present, is completely antithetical to the entire concept of Growth, Evolution, Illumination and Realization. Also, and this is simply MY supposition, the Universe truly believes that suffering and sorrow are WONDERFUL little goodies to hand out by the metric ton, and EVERY day is Hallowe’en. In a nutshell, the Universe is Nature’s most refined loving sadist. The Uny is ALWAYS giving me these ridiculous tests: “Would you like to drink this bubbling, microbial Death Sludge or a bottle of chilled, vintage champagne?” “Would you prefer to lose half of your face and your penis because of bad karma, or would you like a hot fudge sundae?” I grant you that the situations aren’t QUITE that ridiculous, but damn near, given that I am ALWAYS going to make the choice that moves me forward on the Path, not remain stationary or, oh shit!, regress. I’m not a masochist, but I’ll choose the future unknown sorrow over the adjusted memories of my past magnificence; I want to accomplish my Great Work, I want to become my own Philosopher’s Stone. Would you let someone stop your education at the 3rd grade just because as you grew you would experience life’s blows? Of course you wouldn’t, and neither will I, I will scream Blue Bloody Murder first before I let ANYONE or ANYTHING bar my route to Enlightenment. I trust myself to feel my own pain; I don’t need a whipping boy.


No comments:

Post a Comment