Sunday, February 15, 2015

Good morning, All! Welcome to my MashUp for 16 February 2015: IV the Count (Emperor), 7 of Stakes (Wands) and lensing in from his chaise longue where he is indulging in a languorous fit of «angoisse » is the King of Stakes. (Today’s deck is *The Vampire Tarot* by Robert M. Place. Robert is rumored to live in a fortified compound on the far side of the Moon, where he has a thriving export business in giant escargots; how he finds the time to create his stunning decks is beyond me, but I slaver after them as soon as I am aware of their publication. Accompanied by a ‘killer’ book, very informative for the vampire-ignorant.)  This is my 2nd day into the Dark decks Experiment, and I already have reservations & trepidations. Yesterday’s draw turned out to be uncannily accurate; I only just managed to avoid blowups in several instances of miscommunication or misunderstanding, and it was that “Ugh!” feeling knowing, consciously, as these things WERE HAPPENING that I had been forewarned. When karma & divination take the ‘instant-powdered’ route, they produce surprising results. This morning, I seem to be looking at a day embodying the Emperor, but unfortunately involved in some sort of power struggle (the 7 of Stakes). The 7 is a descent into folly simply because it is a struggle for power and not about finding the Truth. As Ayn Rand, that great vampire-lover herself, said, “Every man builds his world in his own image. He has the power to choose, but no power to escape the necessity of choice. (I dislike Ayn Rand, too much the raving, soulless capitalist for me, thank you.) In all honesty I have a hard time visualizing myself putting my all on the line for “power.” I firmly believe it is an elusive, cursed quality that destroys those who seek it, even while pumping its own opiate through the ensorcelled addict. Dominance is different, and that I can easily imagine happening, as that is one of my character flaws, that desire to dominate. As a final, and awkward, admission, as a child & young adolescent, of course I fantasized about being Dracula, with all of that deliciously creepy atmosphere swathing my suburban boy’s bedroom with the mists of Transylvania. I didn’t have any wolves, but I had cats, an acceptable “mystical” substitute. Oh lord, childhood was strange. If the Count had read Tarot in the novel, I would have passed out from joy. LOL. So, to wrap these two up, I’m waltzing on the dance floor again, all right, but it seems to be an arrogant waltz in which I am literally trying to subdue reality and force it to my Will. Watching all of this is Franz Liszt. Rather, that is who the King of Stakes represents, a mega-star of his day who Bram Stoker idolized. Our king is looking mighty neurasthenic, don’ you agree? Like one of those irritating fops who call out for their salts when they are overcome by the banality of it all. The arch-effetes. The difference here being that Liszt DID have talent, galactic-level talent, and his compositions are worthy iconic symbology for the accomplished works of a good King of Staffs. In all honesty, if forced to choose between effete and power-junky, I’d go with effete. Being a power junkie is simply too damn exhausting; like all drugs, you have to put out twice as much effort as its worth in order to obtain it. So in this instance I’m going to say that “the effete, thinking-man King of Stakes” is going to have a very calming influence on the Count/Emperor and his need to control the material (Robert specifies that the demon clasp on his cloak represents Satan, his teacher – I thought that was a particularly nice, twisted touch.)  So, I’m going to open myself to my own success, but keep an eye out for pointless confrontation occurring today.



No comments:

Post a Comment