Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Good morning and Welcome! to the MashUp for 18 March 2015: the Ace of Chalices, the 9 of Swords, and lensing in from the border between worlds is IX the Hermit. (Today’s deck is *The Prisma Visions Tarot* by James R. Eads with Katherine Tombs. Quite different, quite lovely.)  I must say that I am somewhat (read: “very”) disheartened to look at today’s MashUp . The 1st card is promising enough: it is asking me to open up today and let the wellspring of emotion, love and compassion, and intimate connection through the heart bubble up and take front and center stage. Then the 2nd card, the 9 of Swords, says, “And as soon as you do that, I am going to crush you through your own passivity in having to face me, your Fear.” So, in order to avoid being crush, don’t be passive about the wellspring I’ve just birthed. Then the 3rd card, IX the Hermit, our lensing card, speaks to me of the loneliness afterwards when I must withdraw to that “border between two worlds” and contemplate action and result until I reach some sort of accommodation with the cruel behavior.  This is basically my worst emotional nightmare come true. Open up your heart, that magical source, to flow freely and then . . . WHAM!! get hammered by some carefully prepared ultra-cruel maneuver on the part of the malicious and evil-spirited cosmos; finally having to slink away, lick my wounds and contemplate what the hell went wrong. That’s the basic reading, now it is a matter of determining degree and choices of action. I should probably take one of my anti-defeatist pills, as well; I mean, why watch your heart be crushed with a frown? “I dwell at the center of myself,” well, yes, of course, but better than actually whining and licking my wounds would be making sure that the action I plan to counterstroke against the 9 of Swords is effective, and thus I can send this mis-fortune, this evil sending, straight back to Hell.  


No comments:

Post a Comment