Thursday, March 19, 2015

Good morning and Welcome! to the MashUp for 19 March 2015 : the Queen of Swords, X the Wheel of Fortune and, lensing in from the fields of Death where the sights have driven him momentarily insane, the 10 of Wands. (Today’s deck is *Penny Dreadful: The Tarot of Vanessa Ives* by Anaïs Chareyre for Showtime. [For an interview with the creatrix of the cards, go here: http://evagreenweb.com/2014/07/26/egw-exclusive-vanessa-ives-tarot-card-designer-anais-chareyre-talks-about-designing-the-tarot-cards-her-craft-eva-green/ ].) I see TWO old friends in today’s draw, the 1st and 3rd cards, while the 2nd, X the Wheel of Fortune, shows up rarely enough in my draws. This is odd, considering that it is my business “sigil,” but there you have it. I start the day off with a Bang! with my not-so-old friend the Queen of Swords (she gets pissed if you call her “old” in ANY context. She prefers “experienced.”)Her Maj represents the connection between Sorrow and Wisdom, and the courage necessary to cut the “ties that bind” in order to see justly and clearly. I am not particularly in mourning for anything or anybody at the moment, and I can only hope that it isn’t in the near future, except for my bad habits, which I am happy to see into oblivion. Here she seems to have danced in holding X the Wheel. Now I love the Wheel, even when it isn’t being particularly favorable to me, because she helps me to believe that the Universe is a great Leveler, that while one or another “side” may be in favor at the moment it is sure to fall to the ONE thing that is a universal constant, Change. If you want a sure bet, bet on change. I rather like the symbolism on this version of the card, as it is such a simple reminder that, perhaps, Chance is born within ourselves, and comes about through the interaction of us and Energy. Ouroboros redefined within our being. I like that.  So, whatever is going on with Her Maj, I can be sure it is going to change or represents a change from the immediately previous (for me, which is the Now.) Observing all of this, tincturing all of this with the dye of his essence, is the X of Wands, the Tarot’s overloaded mule. Taking on too much, losing interest, becoming bored & then overwhelmed – how fiery, how Wand-like! – how me. Reduce your stress, pal. Way down. And if I’m feeling emotional doubt and rebellion and revolution brewing in the air, that is all about me versus me, not someone else, at least not this morning. I want a LOT from people, because I give a LOT, but you know, people can’t always follow through nor do they necessarily know what you mean. I need to be less disappointed when that frailty comes to light, in others and even in me. I’d LIKE to say I never disappoint myself, but that would be untrue. I am not sure anyone is really capable of living up to their own moral sense, at least if they aren’t sociopaths or worse.  So, today, “I release all repression so my Will flows freely.” Oh, yes, and remember, you can’t stack this deck - - I know, I’ve tried.  


 

No comments:

Post a Comment