Sunday, March 22, 2015

Good morning and Welcome! to the MashUp for 22 March 2015: the Page of Swords, the 8 of Coins, and lensing in from in the galaxy of Let’s-Try-One-More- Time-To-Drive-Mark-Batshit-Crazy! is XI, Justice (my beloved and my behated.) (The deck today is *The Tarot of Dreams* by Ciro Marchetti, with Lee Bursten. I feel it is almost superfluous to say anything about Ciro’s decks; they are universally known and admired. I enjoy reading with them, but caveat emptor: the art is so beautiful it can sidetrack your reading. Of COURSE a thumbs up!) It seems I am rushing into the ballroom this morning in a mad, impetuous race for the Truth. “About what, I don’t know, but I’ll find it! This elaborately silly headdress will know what to do with, I’m sure, and besides, I look fabulous, right? “I’ll have an infant idea today, and this search for knowledge is what will feed it and let it grow. So there I am, looking busy in my gorgeous tomboy drag, and I’m asked to dance by this dweeb the 8 of Coins. Mr. Workaholic wants to dance with fabulous me??? Huh, no one else is asking, so I guess . . . Whatever new idea I’m birthing today, it needs the special care & attention of a master-craftsman-in-training, the 8. OF course, lensing all of this, throwing a light grey shell over the whole scene, is XI Justice. If you’ve read any of these MashUps before, chances are good Justice was in it. It won’t leave me alone!!! I feel as if I am (almost) handicapped and drawing only 2 cards for the MashUp because XI MUST BE AUTOMATICALLY included. Damn it! I get, I do; I’ve checked the Rolodex thoroughly for situations where Justice was misapplied or not applied at all, where in some way I manipulated the system to obtain a desired outcome. I’m caught up. There are no new “sins” on my ledger that I must take into account, nor old ones left petrifying in a corner, so the only thing this can be is that, ONCE AGAIN, I am being reminded to treat the situation (? – what situation?) with justice, fair-mindedness, an even hand and an open mind. Be impartial. “We know this Justice will judge us fairly, and not be peeking out from beneath her blindfold to favor the rich or well-connected.”(LB). “I move toward Balance and Harmony,” yes, but I must do so in keeping in mind the rules of the road and the laws of the Land or else my license to drive at all could be revoked. Hmmm.  


No comments:

Post a Comment