Saturday, April 18, 2015

Good morning and Welcome! to the MashUp for 19 April 2015: the 9 of Swords, the Devotee (Page) of Cups and lensing in from the other side of the ch√Ęteau where she disports herself in her leafy bower is III the Empress. (Today’s deck is the *Tarot of Delphi* by J.D. Hildegard Hinkel. It is a beautiful, professional deck, finished to the nth degree, and terribly lovely. The cards are all imaged with Victorian and Edwardian era’s art, and it is indeed splendid if you can get anywhere emotionally close to it. I can imagine it not working for some people, but not many, and certainly not me – I like it, and we work beautifully together.) I’m not so concerned about my wardrobe this morning as I am about the palpable “War Between the Sexes” air that pervades the visual perception of this card. I’ve got an uptight and very nervous solder on the left, obviously freaked but holding strong and doing his duty. That’s my 9, of course, loyal old dog that he is, or should I say that I am. I was thinking about EXACTLY this last night, in slightly different terms: “Have you lost the ability to manifest your sang-froid upon need?”  I decided that no, I had not lost it; I just see very little point in exercising it anymore. If I’m upset, “be upset, goddamnit, don’t hide it and try to please others with a pleasant approach & demeanor!” I know, many of you are thinking, “Mark? Pleasant approach & demeanor?? AHahahaha!” and you would be quite right. I DON’T give a fuck anymore, let the chips fall where they may. (Obviously the Swords side of me! but it is also a function of age.) His “dancing partner” today is the ineffable & unflappable Molly Brown, aka the Devotee (Page) of Cups. She looks completely artificial, as if this ideal is only imaginable, not realizable. However she DOES have a beneficent, bathe-him-with-light-&-love effect on our tightly-strung 9 of Swords. It’s an Odd Couple, but you probably know real people who are EXACTLY this, I know that I do. He is VERY high maintenance, and she’s cool and Zen about it. It works. Perhaps this is a reflection on my couple, on our marriage, I don’t know, I’ll have to meditate on that, and/or it could also be a reflection of the “victory” of Cups over Swords (she’s royal, he’s common) that has and is occurring in my own being. That seems a LOT closer to the mark, but it can be both, of course. Casually observing our Rube Goldberg couple is II the Empress, who has lensed in as the Rose of Youth; I can hope that she is here to rejuvenate me a bit today; I feel my energy levels are low although attitude is good. Well, we’ll see, one thing at a time, and the first “one thing” to accept is the overwhelming presence of the feminine in my life today, AND her ability to help that beautiful inner calm blossom in me. I think I’m clear on it today – I don’t have to dig too deeply for meaning here, “you may be a bit frazzled but hanging in, but a TSUNAMI of the peaceful side of the bounteous feminine is on her way to the rescue. Relax, let go the tension, Empress/Mother is here today, and thus the Goddess as well. Look, she’s offering you today!   


No comments:

Post a Comment