Thursday, April 23, 2015

Good morning and Welcome! to the MashUp for 24 April 2015: the 3 of Wands, the Page of Pentacles and lensing in from a secluded bower in the Prophylactic Woods are the Lovers.  (Today’s deck is the *Fantastical Creatures Tarot* by Lisa Hunt & D.J. Conway. Do you remember the line from *On The Waterfront*, when Terry [Marlon Brando] says, “You don't understand. I coulda had class. I coulda been a contender. I coulda been somebody, instead of a bum, which is what I am, let's face it.”? Well, that’s how I feel about this deck. Unless you are fond of straining your eyesight, not a recommendation.) I’m taking today’s MashUp at a more or less “face value” gain on my day. I’m fond of the Djinn, and the 3 of Wands isn’t a “bad” card, being about patience and planning, and the self-control and common sense necessary to experience. He is coupled with the Page of Pentacles (a flower fairy – yawn), a bringer of good news and an indication to try and open the psychic a bit. Which is interesting advice in that I started conscious dreaming for the 1st time just the other day, and I had long, long wanted to be able to do so. Regarding all of this through a haze of “whisper-thin” latex is VI the Lovers, NOT a favorite card of mine. It smacks too much of “Ozzie & Harriet” and “Ward & June” for me. Nevertheless, they are here, and perhaps they can provide today that which wasn’t expected, new emotions or pulsions, and in general the need to pay attention when making choices. All of which leaves me, in brief, with the resolve to love and accept myself and to get through today with as little drama as possible. Amen to that, Sister!   


No comments:

Post a Comment