Saturday, May 16, 2015

Good morning and Welcome! to the Scales of Ma’at for 17 May 2015: The Ace of Coins and the 8 of Swords. (Today’s deck is a little gem I unearthed on a dark corner of the ‘Net, *Crow’s Magick Tarot* by Londa Marks.) Before we start the reading, I want to say that I haven’t forgotten where this street leads; after the Elements, I wanted to add a dusting of Astrology to my reading style, so that is where I am now. Starting today, and for the rest of this segment (The Scales of Ma’at) I shall be doing an astrological rundown of the two cards and then move on to blending in the other variables and finally having enough raw materials to construct a reading. My main sourcebook for this segment, unless stated otherwise, will be Corrine Kenner’s book, *Tarot and Astrology: Enhance Your Readings with the Wisdom of the Zodiac,* Llewellyn, 2013. If this aspect of Tarot interests you AT ALL, I can highly recommend Ms. Kenner’s book. Okay, on with it.  Bang! The Ace of Coins, the Element Earth in all of its Glory.  Astro-wise, it is Taurus, Virgo and Capricorn (the three astrological Earth signs), the Powers of the element Earth, and guardian of its children (us) and its belongings (treasure both material & spiritual.) The Coins/Pentacles are perfect counterparts to the energy of Swords, symbols of the element Air. The Ace of Pentacle’s particular season is Winter, so it will always have a whiff of “coldness” about it when it shows up in the spread.  Now the 8 of Swords (we are already feeling “good-ish” about the draw because at least we have an Exalted layout [meaning the suits play well together and no one runs with scissors].)  The 8 of Swords is a mutable Air card, as the 1st decan of Gemini, and symbolic of endings & transitions. These are its astrological keywords: intellectual concerns, versatile, flexible Energy, masculine with masculine attributes, linear movement. Connections to VI the Lovers and I The Magician, with whom it shares Mercury as a ruling planet. (BTW, totally off-subject; when dealing with gods, treat the Ones that like you as respected friends, and those that don’t as polite strangers. You can’t go wrong. No servility, no fear.)  So there we have a quick astrological rundown on my draw today, and that SHOULD help me put together a more profound and comprehensive understanding of the meaning for today’s draw. Rolling my ball of virgin wax around the Tarot table, I’ve picked up all sorts of tidbits, so let’s add those, too. Today has the breathy smell of Money around it, to me. I can intuit it in my air – and it doesn’t surprise me. I’ve always had good money Karma, and anytime I have been broke has been short-term and all my own doing (except for occasions of theft, over which I could only fume like a pouting volcano.) There is an inheritance from a family member that has recently been adjudicated & set in concrete, so having passed probate it will now go to distribution. This is good news; of course, inheritances usually are, even if they are a poor substitute for the missing emotional connection. I expect to hear the news and receive the 1st installment any day now, so today would do as well as tomorrow. Or perhaps oil will skyrocket again and my tribe, and thus me, will profit. Or . . . or.  . . or . . . it doesn’t matter WHAT it is. I have good karma here and I know when something good or bad is going to hit – seeing it here in the cards just confirms it. With the 8 of Swords, however, “The Lord of Shortened Force”, Jupiter is in Gemini and old Jupe isn’t comfortable; he is 180° off-base! This COULD mean that access to the inheritance now is “too much of a good thing,” thus illustrating the crippling effects of this particular overkill duo. So-o-o-o, hmmm. I can see this working its way towards a delay in the division of the estate, and feeling paralyzed as there is nothing to do about it. I could also see this as a kind of little meta-moral Zen paradigm; the prison of the Material, the Paralysis that the Material induces. That, however, is a bit too too, you know?  If anything, I can feel my one of my parents in the stars somewhere around this: my father is a Gemini while it is my mother’s estate in question. Dad is still alive, so I would normally think of him first, but he and I are in a very good relationship, so I think not. All in all, this is a bit mystifying, and I shall have to wait out the day for clarification. Oh well, I can at least be alert for it, and direct my Energies where they will make the most difference.  


 

No comments:

Post a Comment