Sunday, May 17, 2015

Good morning and Welcome! to the Scales of Ma’at for 18 May 2015: the 2 of Swords and V the Hierophant. (Today’s deck is *The Hermetic Tarot* by Godfrey Dowson & Stuart R; Kaplan w/ James Wasserman.  BTW, I LIKE this deck, I always have, even before I knew what all the symbols meant (Grin.) It is elegant, and if you read the symbolic shorthand, jam-packed with information on each card. While I’m citing things, allow me to tell you of something different: Gianni Gebbia (jazz trumpet); “Arcana Major – The Sonic Tarot Sessions”; different, jazz fans only. The Elias Nardi Quartet, “The Tarot Album”, New Age-y quartet, soft. Muzak for the cards.) This is a mixed message of confused results today, for the daily draw for the Scales of Ma’at. First things first; lets break the cards down into their individual elements, throw a little Bio-juice (me) on them, throw it all back in the Mark9000 Blender and see if we end up with a palatable smoothie or not. The 2 of Swords: Moon in Libra; 7th house of relationships; Residing in Chokmah (2nd sphere of Wisdom) and positioned in Yetzirah (plane of thought); Hidden gifts are Scrying Past, Present & Future and the apportionment of affections.  Then we have V the Hierophant: Taurus; 2nd house of the Zodiac, ruling money & possessions & their spiritual counterparts: Ruled by Venus, connected to III the Empress; earthy, fixed sign; concerning the Holy Guardian Angel, uncategorized Love, Inspiration, strength & Endurance; Hidden gifts are an Excellent Orator and uncannily persuasive through language & song. So, there I have my What and my Why. And the smoothie? Well, let’s check it out. The 2 of Swords can be seen as a minor echo of Justice, and though an Air sign, the Moon is keeping her connected to the emotional. I tend to think of this as an uneasy peace, the Lord of Peace Restored being so only because of a truce, not a lasting peace. This card indicates a need to look beyond the surface of things and to judge them by their inner beauty, or lack of it. The card is traditionally assigned the meaning of a choice between two paths and it being a difficult decision. So it seems the occurrence of this in my day will be my “motor”, my “heart of the nut” for today, this choice, and it is being driven to the surface and either maintained or opposed by V the Hierophant. With stability and convention being vital for both Taurus and V the Hierophant, here the Hierophant, more than ever, shows his guiding side, his teacher side, as the counselor for the question posed in the 2 of Swords. We know, at the very least, that the question involves the spiritual goals of the quest and the presence or not, value or not, of money & possessions along this particular stretch of the road. The question may arise today from this very same conflict somewhere in my Inner Being, as well; MY Hierophant weighing in heavily on the question of money, possessions, attachments and emotional availability having influence or not on my Journey. Knowing myself, I can predict with a fair degree of accuracy that I will probably come down fairly heavily on the side of tradition, I’m a bit bull-headed that way, and today especially so (say the cards.) Whatever my actions as Hierophant (I don’t see anyone else indicated) may be I need to stay on my toes for the arrival of the Question, as that will be the pivotal point for today and I want to be paying attention. Only then, perceiving and perceived, may I open myself to the Wisdom of the Universe.   

No comments:

Post a Comment