Monday, May 25, 2015

Good morning and Welcome! to the Scales of Ma’at for 26 May 2015: the 2 of Swords and Strength reversed. (The deck today is an import from the land of the Deutsch, the *Neuzeit-Tarot* (New Age Tarot) by Walter Wegmüller. Eine, svei, drei,!!! I love the LWB with this deck, it reeks of your grandmother; “Beware the tall, dark stranger with the broken monocle and too much bombazine in the cut of his trousers. He purposes sinister goings-on.” Har-har. I rarely buy things German, except for cars and anything requiring fine, detailed engineering. On the other paw, I have an unreasoning fear of schnitzel.) Right off of the top, I can see that today’s draw could be applicable in several current situations. However, before we go there, let’s load the shotgun with arcane terminology and shoot it into the backside of the unbelievers! (Har har har, oh, I’m a card!) The 2 of Swords, “Peace Restored”, is the Moon in Libra and resides in Chokmah. The Moon is Water, and Libra is ruled by Venus, who thus connects this card to the Empress. (A choice needs to be made; most likely it will be made intuitively even though reason is wanted.)She is the first manifestation Air, so her influence is newborn. Our card is big on the yin/yang duality, which appears everywhere in this deck. I would read that here that the choice is valid, “legitimate,” it isn’t false choice based upon Ego but choice based upon circumstance and need, and under mild duress. There are, as well, echoes of Justice here; surprisingly, this card may also signal hidden antagonism, according to tradition. I find that to be an interesting read of the “image”. Enacting her own drama by the side of the 2 of Swords is XI Strength. Now she IS a drama queen! She’s a Leo, and knows how to lay it on thick and shout it from the rooftops, “I’m G-R-E-A-T!” However, for me today, she is reversed, indicating an earthquake and thus rendering any Tarot considerations today moot. Har-har- I joke, son, I joke, but actually, that IS a meaning, albeit a deeply occulted one, for this card reversed. What I read here for myself is a great big fat warning, but first the necessary folderol. Strength is Leo, as we know, a Fixed Fire sign. “The Daughter of the Flaming Sword” is ruled by the Sun, and at her highest level means an Understanding of the Will of the New Aeon. She is placed on the path of the Intelligence of the Activities of the Spiritual Being. (You know, much of this symbolism I feel free to just blend in as I see fit; I’m an educated man, and my tie-ins are worth the same as any other theoretician’s tie-ins. The point being, I DON’T let the all the arcane symbology and “labelling” get me down; I cook with zest & gusto! And a constantly-being-refined sense of the just balance.)  Speaking – how rude of you to whisper in the corner! – of Balance, here again we have the tie-in and the “fight” for place. (I leave it to each of you to decide for yourselves who actually “wins,” Justice or Strength? And don’t be wishy-washy, I’m not interested in happy couples, I prefer a more Tolstoyan approach!) Seriously, folks . . . I do believe that, gestalted together, these cards are giving me a reading about today that I need to be VERY careful about how I manifest any show of Force when a decision comes up today, one involving an impression of the duality of Intuition versus Reason, and not two blended qualities. Therefore, Mark, my man, while you enjoy living in and valuing the moment, today is a day for the long view, my friend. Pay attention, and play nice.   

No comments:

Post a Comment