Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Good morning and Welcome! to the Scales of Ma’at for 07 may 2015: IV the Emperor and the Ace of Swords. (The *Tarot of Ceremonial Magick* by L. M. & C. DuQuette.)Before we make an appearance at the Imperial court today I want to take a moment and write about Ma’at, the Goddess and driving principle behind this “spread”; the ‘easiest’ definition and role outline is brief and to the point from, yes, Wikipedia:” Maat or Ma'at was the ancient Egyptian concept of truth, balance, order, law, morality, and justice. Maat was also personified as a goddess regulating the stars, seasons, and the actions of both mortals and the deities, who set the order of the universe from chaos at the moment of creation.” Without her, all is Chaos, primordial, unrealized. The beginning of creation is symbolized in one Egyptian system (there are 2 major ones) as an infant sitting on a lotus in flower just raised from the primordial mud & Waters. In a far less grand manner, my little 2-card spread can be ‘drawn’ as Justice’s scales, and for my purpose as a daily read the 1st card is the “motor”, or “the nut inside the shell”, and the second is the Why. In case of extreme doubt, 1 supplemental card may be drawn. In this manner, I hope to get a bit of a “snapshot” of the energies of my day, NOT the occurrences or happenings or events. If any of that comes through as well, fine and good, but I’m looking at other things because I’m trying to learn how to, “as if 2nd nature”, inject a rather complicated cocktail into a simple 2-carder. I have normally relied on my intuition (very strong), my theoretical knowledge (very well read), and my life experiences and personal lessons and native intelligence to roundly flesh out a reading. Now I want to add, like spices to a stew, Alchemy, Elementals, and the Zodiac (Astrology). Enochian, Ceremonial, Goetic and Tattvic systems & currents are out of the mix – I would have to be a master parfumier in Grasse (a job & a town) to be able to delicately and competently mix ALL of it and come out with “perfume”, much less just something intelligible! Today I’m looking at IV the Emperor as the first card; if ever a card personified me, it would be this card as written about by DuQuette, perhaps the best “almost perfect” portrait of me amongst many (I will add a photo as an adjunct comment of his description to this post.) Suffice it to say here for this purpose that I am ALL Emperor and then some. He is big-time Fire Energy, the Lord of Spring, Mars & the Sun, Aries the Ram (my birthday is in here as well). He is Natural Intelligence, and he is powerful, stubborn and ambitious. That is What today – so it looks like work on me, refining the good and identifying and trashing the bad. The Why of this Emperor today is the Ace of Swords, the Spirit of Air, a fine blend with Fire and more than a little dangerous (think wind-driven forest fire.) There are Enochian and Goetic correspondences here which interest me, but are space eaters, so not here. Suffice to say – this is looking as if it is going to be one of those days when I am more ME than ME. From my Indian heritage I am blood-linked to the Wind Magicians in Osage lore & history, and there have been rare occasions when Wind & I have formed one hell of a team. Luckily I’m NOT feeling very inflated and self-important this morning, so if “emperorhood” does descend on me today, I have hopes that I can don the chiton with some modesty yet assurance. If Wind as ‘invoked force’ wishes to join the mix, I can handle it, I’ve actually had experience. Wind showing up as the “Kether of Yetzirah” is an added bonus, but ALL of this is surely taking me a little distance (perhaps a side jaunt?) from my goal on this specific quest, which is the Defrosting of my Heart. I can only wait and see and the answer may not be evident for some time or even not at all. I just have to wait, but in the meantime, I’ve got a job to do and a role to fulfil. Now, where is that boy with the Imperial regalia? I swear, if he’s lost it again, I’ll . . . .  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment