Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Good morning and Welcome! to the Scales of Ma’at for 06 May 2015: the 6 of Disks and the Prince of Cups. (*Tarot of Ceremonial Magick* by L. M. & C. DuQuette.) As I was heading for my study this a.m., my wife lances, “Talk about the King of Hearts!” which I interpreted as the King of Cups. Well, she almost hit the mark! (She knows very, very little about Tarot and how it works and what it is, and is not curious.) My 2nd card today is the Prince of Cups, so at least we are in the Court she wanted.  Before we fork the Tarot salad today, a bit more about the spread. To recapitulate, this is under the philosophy of Ma’at, the Egyptian Goddess of Balance, Truth, and Right Living, so to speak, I am using the 1st card as the “noyau” of my day, the nut within the shell. The “What.” The 2nd card is the “Why”, explaining (sic), deepening, and expanding on card #1. If I feel I am still stuck without ANY clue whatsoever, I may draw #1 card for further explication, no more. If I still don’t get it, “they” feed me to Ammit, the Devourer in the Halls of Osiris. So . . . today we have the 6 of Pentacles & the Knight of Cups, if we are doing mental translation.  But like a good guy just out of rehab, I’m not going to do that. I’m sticking with Ma’at; if she happens to ride in the same direction, so be it. It looks as if the nut of my day is going to involve a deal that is not singular, a “giving,” perhaps, and here in this deck it represents Material Success, yes, but it also has a whiff of decay. The Moon in the Bull sounds rather ominous to me, rather like “lunacy” coupled with “the bull in the china shop.”  I wouldn’t call that a calm or peaceful marriage by any means, very, very muddy, and when something is that “way,” possibly bloody. On the other face of the bloody sovereign, we could have a kind of mystical marriage, Water & Earth, producing Fertility. Now that DOESN’T sound ominous, but just work for a noble cause. I like that.  Involved intimately in this venture today is the Prince of Cups, the Knight for diehard RWSers. He has a much more somber, darker, purposed look here in this conception than is normally carried by the Knight in RSW. As Air in Water, he is subtle and passionate, and, what is perhaps most important, a sociopath; he may not be criminal, but he certainly doesn’t “value” like M. ou Mme. Toutlemonde. He is much more Pollyanna in the RSW, and that isn’t a bad thing, just a different thing than this. Whether this is a facet of me or another real person is up for grabs. I wouldn’t be surprised if it was a side of me looking bitterly and jealously at what I myself already have, but that is awfully convoluted, and really I’m just twisted to the extent of lemon garnish on a cocktail. Scratch the weirdo and you’ll find someone deeply conservative (not politically, morally) underneath. (And yes, I know, and “they” are just going to have to adapt on that one!) And someone infinitely rude, it goes without saying: it is always insolently rude to make fun of foibles & stupidities. This inevitably leads me around, once again, to the question which tickles, well, not my fancy . . (“Do you think you could live & deal with yourself, Mark, separately incarnated?”) That’s a tough one. Do I?  Today may bring a very good opportunity to find out! On the whole, I think “Aware but Relaxed” is the color of my jib today. Or my flag, in which case, let’s run it up the flagpole and see who salutes it . . . .  

No comments:

Post a Comment