Monday, June 15, 2015

Good morning and Welcome! to the Scales of Ma’at for 15 June 2015: the Ace of Cups and XIV Temperance. (Today’s deck is again *Crow’s Magic Tarot* by Londa Marks. I like it.) Well, right away I can see that today is going to be about Fusion, with both cards shining golden light on the concept of the perfect union, the blending of two good things to obtain a great thing, the positive summation of Love in its most original, unique and divine forms. Before we get too wrapped in the *bling!* product, let’s take a closer look at the individual elements of which it is composed.  My 1st card, the Ace of Cups, is, of course, the summation of the Cups suit; it is also in Kether in Briah, the element Water, (“. . . the Ace of Cups is attached to Briah - the world of pure feeling and sensitive intention. It is the female counterpart of the Ace of Wands, representing the female element water as a sign for devotion and care. The card also tells that the beauty and the ugly are two poles belonging together. Without shadow, there's no light - and mud is needed to make Lilith’s blossom.” – Raven) and it is an Enochian blessing & invocation of the six planetary angels. It is the seed of Receptivity and of Love, and is the heart of the Feminine archetype. (Just for a refresher, here are the 10 Spheres of the Sephiroth, from top down: 1) Kether/the Crown 2) Chokmah/Wisdom 3) Binah/Understanding 4) Chesed/Mercy 5) Geburah/Strength  6) Tiphareth/Beauty 7) Netzach/Victory 8) Hod/Splendor 9)Yesod/Foundation & 10) Malkuth/the Kingdom.). Pisces, Cancer and Scorpio fall here, all being Water signs. It needs to be remembered that the majority of our “thinking time” is spent on emotions, about 75% of it. That is the same ratio of Water in the human body and water covering the Earth. It is a lot, we just don’t realize how much.  Riding herd on the hearts with the Ace is XIV Temperance, another card of Fusion and union, but this time in me and reconciling opposite energies. We’ve run into Temperance a LOT lately, so I’m very familiar with the ongoing concept that I need to be forging, smelting and hammering out “the steel” , in short, Tempering, the unreconciled flows on energy in myself. I’m not going to get much further in the realm of the Emotions, a realm where I badly need instruction and progression, without doing that Tempering. She’s about Sagittarius, meaning education, philosophy & travel are important to her, all three of which I can say that I ably qualify. Tarot readers are natural philosophers in the first place, I am profoundly over-educated and I have traveled the seven seas and earned my golden earring the old-fashioned way: I have circumnavigated the globe. I am profoundly cynical about the human species, which makes me perfect to appraise it with sad affection and suggest blending here & there to effect change. (Unfortunately for me, this would work a lot better if I were a Water sign, but as a Fire sign, although I may compliment the Water receptivity, I certainly don’t grok it in its details because the Emotional is largely wounded in me, and thus far its only fruits to me have been an exponentially growing ability of Intuition and the presence of my wife in my life, who is MY tempering element.) But we are not talking about playing a waiting game or long-term analysis; I asked the cards about TODAY. Thus it seems that today is going to be a day when & where Temperance is needed; here, in a nutshell, is the essence of how I think XIV Temperance operates, but for this to be understood think of XIV Temperance as Art; yes, that’s right, let’s take a look at a Thothian interpretation! (Lucky you.) This is from Raven’s website on Tarot, and he does a bang-up job; I suggest you visit & browse (http://www.corax.com.) “Ace of Cups (The root of the powers of water) Kether in the Tree of Life Tree of Life: Kether (the eternal, spiritual) through water (the spring of soul) Astrology: Signs of water The Ace of Cups shows the way deep into our soul, to detect beauty and trust. It stands for the sources of love, for growing feelings, the desire for a relationship or the readiness to have a friend. Referring to the Kabbalah, the Ace of Cups is attached to Briah - the world of pure feeling and sensitive intention. It is the female counterpart of the Ace of Wands, representing the female element water as a sign for devotion and care. The card also tells that the beauty and the ugly are two poles belonging together. Without shadow, there's no light - and mud is needed to make Lilith’s blossom. Drive: The desire to melt in one another, sympathy, devotion, the beginning of a friendship or passion. Light: Emotional capacity, fertility, productiveness. Shadow: Alteration, diffusion, irrational thinking, hysteria, loneliness.” That is informational overkill, but it serves a good purpose; it helps me really lay down the rails upon which the Ace of Cups runs in my Memory Palace. Back to today – put some order in your poorly furnished House of Love, Mark, in order to ready it for new and different furniture, or at least new slipcovers! (Funnily enough, I was asked by a good friend, a musician, what song he could play just for me at the upcoming Montpellier Music Festival; without hesitation, I told him “The House of the Rising Sun,” I suppose being indicative of my opinion about THAT in general, that it is a losing, soul-killing proposition [except for my wife & marriage, naturally, but our marriage IS a testing ground where a LOT of new things are tried out first, before applying them to my interaction with the World in general!]) So, today, stomach in, shoulders back, ass up! Before All-Encompassing Love fills me and my environment, I need to dredge the channels that will get the Water there.     

No comments:

Post a Comment