Friday, June 19, 2015

Good morning and Welcome! to the Scales of Ma’at for 20 June 2015: the Page of Cups and III the Empress. (Today’s deck is the *Kazanlàr Tarot* by Dr. Emil Kazanlàr. Dr. Kazanlàr is an Iranian savant living in exile in Budapest, and that for a very long time. Through a series of happenstance the good Dr. and I were introduced and he offered me two of his own decks, this and another, different, in exchange for a small service. It is a very prized, personal possession now. It is a very Kabbalistic deck, as you will be able to see if you look closely at the colorful cards.) You could be forgiven for exclaiming in derision; “Why, that greased weasel Mark! He just keeps giving us the same reading over and over and just changing the decks to keep it interesting but confusing!” I forgive you the assumption (although I shall have to think about that “greased weasel” part, you really hurt me with that one.) I draw the Scales “fresh” every morning, and yes, these are just the cards that keep coming up . . . and up . . . and up. Okay, {{sigh}}, a really brief rundown first. Page/Princess of Cups (Princess of the Palace of the Floods) Malkuth in the Tree of Life. Astrology: Venus in the water signs. Element and world: The Earth in the waters of Briah. “The Princess (Page-sic) of Cups represents the earth in the waters of Briah, an island floating in the groundless seas. She is far from her father's flames and her mother's depth, and she lacks the researching spirit of her brother. She is of endless tenderness, kindness and lovingness, living on her isle of romance and joy. Therefore, an unaffected spectator might take her as childish or selfish, but the island of the princess can be so fertile and rich. Artistically inclined talents can be detected and supported, medial abilities can rise and deeper insights can be gained. On the dark side, the island can turn out to be a castle made of sand, sinking in the seas of irrationality and daydreaming. The Princess of Cups, unwilling to leave her realm outside the 'common' world, may sink with it and at its worst might seduce others to follow her.” (Raven  http://www.corax.com/tarot/ .)   Her Drive is: The exploring of the inner worlds. Her Light is: Intuition, sensibility, tenderness, fantasy, dreamy imagination and Her Shadow is: Faking, abuse of feelings, selfish, luxurious, deviation, and a flatterer. Accompanying him/her is the hostess of this weird morning ball we are attending, III the Empress. Path of Daleth 14 in the Tree of Life. Venus in Taurus, standing for fertility and growth, the earth rules the Taurus. Planet: Venus. Tree of life: The axis between Chokmah and Binah. Element: Earth. Number: 3 as the combination of the contrasts to a unity (synthesis, harmony.) “The Empress is the friendlier, more approachable aspect of the female archetype. She stands for maternity, love and mercy; at the same time she's a symbol for sexuality and emotion. She is pure feeling, absolutely unintellectual, but basically life. The Empress is the Great Mother, representing the beginning of all life. She is the power of nature, causing change, renewal, major plans. The Empress also stands for passion, a phase in which we cope life on an emotional and joyful basis, rather than on the thoughtful. This could mean great satisfaction, but in an improper context, when actually more analysis is needed. The Empress can also stand for a reflective, emotional attitude, refusing to accept reality. It also could stand for a person who is greedy for joy and abundance when actually just more self-control is needed.” (Raven, again.) Her Drive is: Devotion and maternity, Mother Nature, creating something new in connection of both inside and outside. Her Light is: Maternity, love, trust, fulfilling-ness, the joy of great abundance. Her Shadow is: Greed, envy, jealousy, laziness. This couple keeps showing up again and again in my daily Scales, and while I am aware of it, I guess I must NOT be FULLY aware of it or else it would quit its imitation of a boomerang. What IS IT about the Page and the Empress that I’m not getting?? I always knew there would be a price to pay for not paying attention to downstairs gossip (Harrumph!) but this is ridiculous. He/She does NOT fit ANYone in my life at the moment, so it must be an energy nexus. The Empress as a sign of material comfort is fully present in my wife, and we are enjoying profoundly peaceful concord, as we usually do. Pr. Kazanlàr sees III much more orthodoxly and “Islamically.” The Empress is the Spouse of God, and there is very little to nothing humble about her. That whole glory of the heavenly court thing is very orthodox anyway – Christ Pantocrator and all that. The orthodox branch of Christianity doesn’t like to do the humble barefoot thing; it likes gold and jewels and overwhelming other-dimensional glory. She isn’t reversed here, so I’m not dealing with either a hysteric or a lunatic. It’s Sagittarius, maybe, a sign I’m very rarely copacetic with and then again it could be the whole Cup and Venus vibe; we’ve talked before about my Anima and our fractured relationship. I’ve got Venus in the Water signs running out of my apocryphal quiver, and either at 63 I am being called to a duty of which I am no longer physically capable or Love has a Hell of BIG surprise for me if I would just open my eyes and see it. I’m not sure which prospect scares me more, beings asked to give massive amounts of Love or being asked to receive massive amounts of Love. (Dr. Kazanlàr has wonderful little east European stories that go with each illustration, but are too lengthy to put in a casual commentary, such as the Page of Cups representing a certain Tolbi, page to Ludwig of Hungary. The story goes on, I shan’t.) Well, all I can do at this point is keep my pants up and wait to see what the day has in store for me. An Empress and a Knight, coming to deliver WHAT to my doorstep? If Love and Beauty are going to flow through my life like an endless stream today, I have to keep a watch out for {{shudder}} beavers.  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment