Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Good morning and Welcome! to the Scales of Ma’at for 09 July 2015: the Queen of Cups and the 7 of Staffs. (Today’s deck is *The Byzantine Tarot* by John Matthews & Cilla Conway.  Right up front – I LOVE this deck. I have found that which is going to be my personal deck for the foreseeable future.  Thinly framed iconic representations of the Tarot personae and conceptions, the “icons” are not loaded with symbols [which surprises me that I like it so much, but for these cards, I do] but are very well done, byzantine style “iconic representations.” Their elegance is overwhelming; I feel a postural improvement of 2° to my spine just looking at them. I like to think these are the style of cards you might use when you’ve absorbed Tarot so thoroughly that just knowing the “title” brings immediately onto your Omnivision© mental screen all of the Goetic, Kabbalistic, Astrological, Metaphysical “data” that you have stored on that card. It jumps up on to that holographic screen in your head and you illumine the sphere of the reading with the Light of your Understanding. Yes, I know, big dreams from a dreamer, but these cards help me feel grand & good at what I am doing, Tarot. Only one thing: I’ll have to change all the interior decoration of my mental temple to the Byzantine Era – sigh, oh well!) Today I asked the All-Spirit for insight into my “medical” day and how to apply the Scales to it. I received what I think is a kind yet crystalline answer: I’m in a prolonged struggle with many victories AND losses, yet I am going to conquer and win. Things will look greener and begin to grow again on that side of my future once I successfully climb the Mt. Everest I am on. This, of course, is due to the presence of my wife, the Queen of Cups (oh okay, she may be a little bit of me, too, but believe me, THAT CARD is my wife!) who has come to be my very best possible partner on this stage of the Journey. I can never speak too highly of my wife, even when she drives me to distraction with her logic-less approach to the World Soul. There are times I howl in frustrated fury she can push my buttons so, but she sails on, and never, not even 1 millisecond, do I doubt her complete and total devotion to me. I don’t deserve that, therefore I try to deserve it. If you have ever been loved by a woman with a deep golden heart, then you already know and I don’t need to try and describe it; if you have not, then no words of mine will ever convey the rightness of what it is like to be in a working marriage, where your ENTIRE being is your capital. Her basics:   (Queen of the Thrones of Water), Binah in the Tree of Life. Astrology: 21° Gemini to 20° Cancer. Her Element and world: Water in the waters of Briah. “The Queen of Cups represents Water in Water; she is the purest manifestation of the soul of the waters. Thus she represents pure emotion, passion, and feeling, never influenced by judgement or purpose. She is loving and affectionate, a warm-hearted mother and a tender friend, looking into the depths of the heart. On the darker side, the Queen of Cups lacks the stability of the Earth, the will of Air and Fire. Water in water is all passivity and has no powers of its own, but makes a perfect transformer of any other power coming along. So she is susceptible to all kinds of influences, her instability might let her appear unreliable and inconstant. At its worst, the precious qualities of imagination and flowing fantasy might turn out to weakness and thoughtlessness, turning in any direction that any wind may blow, getting lost in a dreamworld of irreal fantasies.” (Raven)  Her Drive is: Floating across the borders, drifting between reality and dream. Her Light is: Imagination, poetry, kindness, sensitivity, emotional depth and her Shadow: Diffusion, spinning around in irrational folly. With the 7 of Staffs, that’s me trudging up those piliers, so here are my basics: 7 of Staffs – Valor. He is Netzach in the Tree of Life, through Fire. In Astrology: Mars in the 3rd decan of Leo. “The Seven of Wands is entering Netzach - the depths of creativity and anarchy standing under the number of destiny. And like for all the Seven's, the leaving of the beautiful Tiphareth comes like the fall from paradise. But Fire is a fighter, and though the element seems to be burning down, it will struggle to survive. So the Seven of Wands talks of a situation where we have to face up forces stronger than ourselves, situations that at first sight seem hopeless, yet we'll have to use all that we've learned and fight.” (Raven. Wow!! That is me and this leg, I can assure you! 7’s d Drive is: Courage, fighting spirit, overcoming opposition. His Light is: Initiation, rebirth and his Shadow is: Getting attacked, facing hardships.                                  I’m off to the doctors this morning, by ambulance I’ll have you know, ha! to see what we can do about this latest turn to the strange; my lower left leg has swollen up like an overcook bratwurst and is painted in every single color of the 1970’s. It was doing so well, and then zzZZZIP! No you don’t! Let’s give you some intolerable pain studded with mystery causes before we let you out of this trap to continue your Journey on the Path. So, it is a bit bitterly humorous that I am standing on my left leg to step up, climbing the Path, when that is at this moment in time a physical impossibility for me. I’m not a bitcher, whiner, crier, carry-on-er, I’ll do what they tell me (in the realm of logic – I won’t wear pink panties and cry in public despite ANY doctor’s advice!), and I DO believe that all of THIS (my fucked up leg & other, related health “fuckyou’s”) is ABSOLUTELY conquerable and able to be put behind me – IF I stay the Path, keep an evolved attitude, accept the pain and change of growth, open my heart so that my Queen may sit in open and acknowledged splendor, and first and last, believe in myself and the Universe’s INTENSE wish that I make it on through to the other side. I DO love my Journey, you know, it is “just so fuckin’ fraught sometimes, ya know?” So, today I am going to embrace Life and welcome opportunity; opportunity to Change, opportunity to CLIMB, to CONTINUE, to LOOK UP and see that I am indeed on the right Path.  

No comments:

Post a Comment