Monday, August 10, 2015

Good morning and Hello! from a mind at odds with itself this morning. I’m working, I’m working like a badass on the Cups drama of this summer and over the last 24 hours my mind/ego has been throwing barrier after barrier at me to prevent me from following through with my stated objective: reconnection with my Anima in a better way than ever before, so that as a UNITED being I can move forward; as a matter of fact, it is the ONLY way I can continue. So, 1st I got a good long dose of “this is all hooey, entertaining nonsense that you keep because the idea of a purposeless, mindless cosmos is just too fucking cold for you, eh?” which was easily countered with a reply of Will and Belief. Then I got an insidious attack of righteous anger, because my “still, religious, meditative calm” before & during a draw was disrupted by my wife, not deliberately but unknowingly, which occasioned unreasonable anger, which I at least had the decency not to express to her “in the moment,” as I knew it would pass. But the reading atmosphere, the vibe, was shattered, “. . . so why go on? You don’t need the fuckin’ Tarot today. Let it go and nurse the anger.” It took all of about 5 seconds to laugh at myself, shake my figurative head that “that” was STILL in the armory, after almost a decade of not being used. About 5 minutes later, the vibe reestablished itself, and to keep things alive (like a preemie needing an incubator), I moved to a different deck and a fresh attitude, with just a “Hey, good morning! What’s up? That’s all for me, too, just that; What’s Up?” (Today’s deck is *The Liminal Tarot* by Penelope Cline. No LWB, no numbering on the Majors, both of which are fine; based upon Lady Frieda Harris’ paintings and Thirteen’s card Interpretations.  OK, personally Imagic with no agenda to grind.)  6 of Discs – “”Which is how to freely give and take. The giver must give freely . . . and likewise, the recipient must not let pride, resentment or shame get in the way of taking. . . . accept what you're offered now. It may be that in the future you'll have a chance to restore the balance by helping out another as you were helped.” (Thirteen)  VIII Strength – Strength is about combining two strengths to overcome weakness. This is a card about understanding our wild natures, accepting them, yet also gentling those passions so that they work for us rather than against us. Putting these two strengths together creates perseverance, personal honor, and courage. The card can also stand for a steadfast friend.’ (Thirteen)  II The Priestess - Seated between two pillars as between two choices, the High Priestess is not about making a decision so much as holding decision-making at bay while you take time to listen to your inner voice. She wants you to gain knowledge before you act: instinctual knowledge, supernatural knowledge, secret knowledge, and self-knowledge. The High Priestess, however, goes beyond even that for those who seek more. Behind her throne is the curtain that leads to the deepest, most esoteric knowledge; the pomegranates that decorate it remind us of Persephone, who was taken down into the land of the dead, ate its fruit and became the only goddess allowed to travel to and from that strange land.” (Thirteen) So the message I get today is accept the input of someone who wishes to give you something, and in this case, I think it is both my Anima AND the Cosmos, because I can feel the explosion of light that is coming to us all very soon. Let the interplay of Strengths happen, and I will feel my own honorable completeness and the acknowledgement that this other source has ALWAYS been my friend. Finally, with all of this newfound knowledge and energy in hand, NOW is the time to reflect and plunge into the pools of Mystery behind the Curtain, to accept the whispered teachings of High Priestess and her oriental tales of Decision and Choices. Within the newfound and newly resplendent being, I will need to step forward into the Temple, again, and seek the book(s) that are not available to a wounded spirit. In order to enjoy all of this, of course, it presupposes that we triumphed at our negotiations, which I believe we BOTH did: she was able to come home and fulfill a duty for which she was quite literally created, and I unbarred the gates, lowered the drawbridge, and am welcoming my Spiritual/psychological Queen back into her chateau and no longer imprisoned in cold & bitter hinterlands. We are acting out the return of Eleanor of Aquitaine to Henry II of England (“The Lion in Winter”), released from her jail to celebrate great state & religious occasions and then re-imprisoned until the next, with ONE important exception: I’m not sending my Queen anywhere, no exceptions; not after I worked this hard, this painfully and this doggedly to get her home. We travel together, from now on.    






No comments:

Post a Comment