Sunday, August 16, 2015

Good morning and Hello! I’ve drawn a two-card Scales of Ma’at today as my Daily draw. I’m up writing this at an ungodly hour, 03:00, because 1) I’m older and I get up early after a minimum of sleep; and 2) I wanted to know for myself what the draw is today because my morning (the reason I’m writing this at 3 in the morning) shall be occupied with doctors’ appointments and “let’s just see if we’re gonna have to cut that baby off, Mr. Miller! Hahaha!” In French, of course. My “toubib” (French slang for doctor) has been on vacation and this will be our reunion after 4 weeks of home visits by nurses to rewrap my leg every two days to keep the pressure up so as to drive an opportunistic infection out & away. Then, provided he gives me a go-ahead, it’s off to see the surgeon to schedule a knee replacement ASAP; after all, I have to be able to dance the Time Warp by Hallowe’en! So, today I have the Spirit of Fire (Page of Wands) and the Ace of Air (Swords) as my two trays on the Scale, and boy! are they balancing out well! (Today’s deck is the *Tarota Paris* by J. Philip Thomas & a host of others too numerous to mention. It’s an interesting deck – or kit, actually, in a zippered doo-dad with book, score cards (!), pen and deck of cards, along with instructions for “playing” some sort of “game” called “Navigating the Arcana Wheel,” which awakens strong echoes of nothing so much in my mind as Hermann Hesse’s *The Glass Bead Game* and its’ entire metaphysical substructure. [Try to read it if you haven’t; it is fascinating, and in an odd sort of way has implications for Tarot.] The art is beautiful, and appropriately chosen for each card. It is lovely, and it will be interesting to compare the upcoming *Mystic City – Paris* deck to this, a forerunner. “They” are going to have a high standard to meet.) I am VERY happy with this draw today. The Active Air of the Wands is present in the Spirit of Fire (Page of Wands.) This card is about knowing what I want and getting it accomplished. This card is energetically attractive & active, engaging, and Ambitious. This is a card of Possibilities in that I am urged to live life to the fullest. In other words, I believe I can expect enthusiastic thumbs up from the ‘toubib’ to go ahead with the knee replacement surgery! Oh frabjous joy. The other tray on the Scale is the Ace of Air (Swords.) Wow, double winner today! This is about mental clarity and connections. Swiftness of action (get that knee done NOW!) and an assumption that all thoughts are always present as a “field effect” (J. P. Thomas), thus available for the mining of information. That’s a clever way of looking at it, don’t you think? This Ace is all about the Action and the hearty advice “Get up off of your butt and DO IT! You WILL get positive results IF you get up and apply some mental clarity to your situation and cleave through the bullshit and the armor of Passivity. Go for it, Mark, get the medical stuff scheduled and done, there is no time like the present!

“Each of us is merely one human being, merely an experiment, a way station. But each of us should be on the way toward perfection, should be striving to reach the center, not the periphery.” ― Hermann Hesse, The Glass Bead Game, 1943.    

No comments:

Post a Comment