Saturday, August 15, 2015

Good morning and Welcome! to another 3-Pillar draw for 15 august 2015: the 10 of Swords, the 3 of Disks and the Ace of Disks. (Today’s deck is *The Wickwillow Tarot* by Hal Weeks. Borderless, small-ish but not mini-, clear symbolism, no clutter. Very, very good readings. My only bitch: I could wish they were Tarot-sized, not only for the art, but to give them more of a feel of ‘gravitas’, which they lack yet shouldn’t. I’m a fan, but Hal, A Tarot-sized version, please! Oh, & remember, the deck is Thoth-esque, so take that into mind when reading with it.) The 10 of Swords, the 10 of Swords, hmmm, so this is Mercy, eh? (the 1st Pillar) – I’m trying to think of something good to say to myself about that card, and it is proving difficult. For the Thoth, it is the Lord of Ruin. Malkuth in Air. The Sun in Gemini. Yet while I can find nothing positive to say about the 10, the Spread certainly can! As we all know, when you reach the 10, you return to the 1 to repeat the lesson or move on to the Ace of the next suit, previous suit’s challenge accepted & completed. The only disaster marking my horizon, however, is financial. My wife and I are in a 7 Lean Kine period of existence, and stretching the budget like a funhouse mirror to make accommodations. Everyone except the very, very rich has to do this, and I’m not particularly upset or hysterical about the prospects, because they don’t look good. Jobs are out, they don’t hire older people in France (Shit, they don’t hire YOUNGER people in France! France is in trouble, too.)  The price of petrol needs to rocket through the roof to improve my checks – now before you go ballistic and scream “polluter!” and “planet raper!”, allow me to fill you in; I’m an Osage American Indian, and living off the petrol sitting underneath the worthless ground the U.S. Govt. gave us is small repayment for the ethnic cleansing of the American continent. I still bear a grudge for that, whitey. (Grin . . . sort of.) On the other reptilian claw, I AM a product of that very culture; it is in my pores and it influences every facet of my being EXCEPT the Eternal, the shining star of my soul that is going to rise someday and Go Home. However the lessons learned along the Journey will be retained, including this one - $$$ doesn’t matter, it never did, so your abundance of it in the past was and is illusory. You are okay, just keep walking the Path; this will be behind you soon. “By the way, every Ten in the Minor Arcana stands for the end of a process, for the need to restart or at least variate, only the Ten of Swords have an amazingly crude way to put it into words - that's just the way they are.” (Raven) With Transformation and Light, Rebirth, realization, the end of a cycle, and wisdom through pain and loss, one moves on, as of course shall I. The Ace of Disks is my Severity, or Challenge. She is the root of the Powers of the Earth, Kether through Earth and astrologically is all of the Earth signs. “The Ace of Disks represents the entity of the element Earth, the beginning of Assiah, the material world of making. It stands for the pureness of the element, and also for its seed, the first little sprout that later becomes a tree.” (Raven)  So the Ace of Disks can stand for the beginning of a material subject, a physical project or a material value, meaning the urge to material creation or the chance for material gain. Just remember what the material is; EVERYTHING down here, everything involved in the illusory game of “Is it real?” Finally, I have the 3 of Disks, the Thoth Lord of Works. He is in Binah through Earth, and in Astrology he is Mars in Capricorn. He is also the Challenge or The Severity, (the 3rd Pillar.) This is the natural result of 2, which is naturally unstable – this puts the leg on the tripod, so to speak. It is an alchemical card, i.e. mercury combining with Sulphur & salt producing the living gold, and the crystallization of Earthly powers and energies. The message for me is, “Catastrophe smatastrophe, get back to work.” No rest for the wicked, I guess. None of this is new – I’ve been watching oil drop for a time now, and pray for the day that Americans are forced out of their trance & pay the same for gasoline as the rest of the world – a lot. It IS a diminishing resource. That aside, I am 63 years old, and I quite frankly think I do not have it in me to rebuild my material world, yet I know the cards wouldn’t give me a useless card, so I’m going to see this as an opportunity, a rare opportunity, to get inside the “machinery” and adjust it for a new way of life. I don’t live like I did when I was 30 or 40, and my wife never did. We are, after all, two retired people without children and four cats. We please ourselves & no one else, really. So, if we are going to “have to rebuild the material,” so to speak, then it is going to be much, much more like “an extraterrestrial modern perched on a cliff overlooking a sweeping vista of the sea” than it will be “an over-decorated, bohemian, mish-mash of styles & times & excess, promoting a sense of decadent ease.” That last has been me most of my life, except for my porcelain & crystal period, but let’s not talk about that, shall we? So, it is abso-fucking-lutely Step 1. I can’t escape that, nor can I escape a haunting feeling that I’ve failed and am being sent back a year, excised from the corporeal body of my fellow classmates and made to wear a sign that says, “IDIOT.” I don’t know, I don’t like the feeling, and I know it is NOT true, but sentiment doesn’t give a flying fuck about rationality, it perceives happiness & pain, and guess which one that is for me? Oh well, fuck it. Dead broke, and like and 18th century father, the cards are saying, “Tough shit. It’s your own fault. Now get out & find a job.” Well, I have a job. Reading Tarot. So, until Hermes, Thoth and Michel Nostradamus all visit me as a threesome and beg me to stop, it ain’t happening. Fuck ‘em.    


 

No comments:

Post a Comment