Friday, September 11, 2015

Good afternoon and Welcome to the Scales of Ma’at for the 11 Sep 2015: the King of Cups and the 7 of Wands. (Today’s deck is *The Fountain Tarot* by J. Saiz, J. Gruhl and A. Todaro. Very, very good deck!) I drew this late today, because I needed a full morning’s sleep, the body just said “No!” when I woke up at the usual 5 a.m. Also, out of a sense of misplaced obligation, I drew the cards (*Le Tarot des Alchimistes*) and they were utterly at odds, confusing, and although I hesitate to say it, full of shit. I, of course, was at fault, trying to read while groggy, exhausted, out-of-sorts and with a burning desire to re-bed myself. Now I have a more comprehensible draw, after having had some much-need rest and restoration (unfortunately there were no dancing hula boys & girls with which to refresh myself!) Although he is a FAR cry from my normal state of things, I was more than a little surprised to see the King of Cups, as he and I are barely acquainted and don’t like each other much anyway – I think he’s a wishy-washy bleeding heart who doesn’t really want to be king, and he sees me as a barbarian. I’d gladly snatch the crown off his decapitated head, but it is enchanted; it disappears if won by violence. It won’t reappear until a new king has proven himself on the Fields of Compassion. (Shitty enchantments.)  I think the King is more of a passing fancy here, a moment when I can rise above myself and live in Emotional Harmony for a day or so. He is, after all, Lord of the Waves and Waters, King of the Hosts of the Sea, and I do have a heavy emotional response to the ocean. He’s mainly in Aquarius but covers a good chunk of Pisces, too, but, unfortunately, he is the Fire of Water, and that means Steam, and a lot of it, and thus blindness; you can’t see where you’re going or who’s grabbing your gherkin in the sauna. As I said, I can DO him, but I don’t like him much. (He’s a hypocrite, too, one of my most detested qualities in others.)  Luckily I’ve got someone a bit more reliable riding shotgun, the 7 of Wands. The 7 showed up the other day, as well, mainly to give me a shot of “Valor,” and I suspect it is here today for the same reason. He’s Mars in Leo, a LOT closer to home for me (Aries) than the King up there. And lives in Netzach of Atziluth, again waters I’ve the habit of navigating, even though I can’t say I favor a re-passage, far from it. However, he DOES address disturbed equilibrium, and that is probably why the king is showing up, too = both are here to re-inforce a “Cool your jets, Mark!! Cool down and think!!” reaction from me to something that is on the horizon (probably self-induced.) That something is, doubtless, “And what rough beast, its hour come round at last, Slouches towards Bethlehem to be born?” (Yeats)  Well, that’s a bit grand, I admit, but you get the idea. Look at the guy on the 7 of Wands – this guy is brave. He’s got 6 Wands attacking him, and he isn’t cowering, he’s full-open striking back at the source of betrayal; and look how he has to turn back down the stairs to deal with it, he’s being attacked from behind or stabbed in the back by traitors. However, the 7 has an inner sense on how battles will work out, can ignore anyone & anything and always has a witty remark. That’s me, too, sort of . . . .  So, it looks as if today the message is “Stay calm no matter what, and if called upon to do battle, be fearless and take the battle to them.” “Them” is probably on the interior as well, as I can’t think of any gang series of Crips/Bloods wars happening in my neighborhood now or soon. So, “I welcome life and embrace opportunity by aligning myself with natural energies and benefitting from their strength?”  



No comments:

Post a Comment