Sunday, September 27, 2015

Good morning and Welcome! to my 2-card daily draw for 27 Sep 2015: the 3 of Cups and XVI La Maison Dieu. (The deck today is *Le Tarot Noir* par Justine Ternel & Matthieu Hackiere. It is an absolutely lovely reinterpretation of the Tarot de Marseille, in somber colors, wide-format art cardstock and glossy finish. As the re-interpretation of a “classic,” it has a lot going for it. The size, however, while superb for viewing, goes from awkward to actually clumsy and uncooperative during the shuffle. Unless, of course, you have the paws of a Ukrainian bearded female wrestler, of course.) This is the 2nd or 3rd appearance of the 3 of Cups in the last few days, and “Yes! I get it!” As recounted yesterday, it has been a “brutally social” week. I used to do those, BY CHOICE, when I was younger, but entire months may go by now without seeing people and I don’t even notice the time passed nor care. As long as my wife retains the outside ties, which she LOVES doing, it is “her thing,” then I am still connected to my local community without actually having to be there. It is the best of all possible worlds, for me. I like, really LIKE, being a social “übermann” but now, later in life, fewer times than used to be the rule. Far fewer times, thank Osiris! Here I prefer to interpret this Heart card (in 2 ways: it represents my Heart in the “heart vs. feather of truth” Scale of Ma’at and secondly the Cups suit equals the heart suit in a deck of playing cards. So . . . . The card itself is all about Abundance. She lives in Binah, via Water. She’s Mercurian in the sign of Cancer, so that is unpredictable, playful, quick & festive. It is ALSO 3 being conceived & realized by 2. The Three of Cups combines the qualities of both the Ace and the Two of Cups. The undirected love has found its goal, it will grow and blossom. “The 3 (triad) as the number of synthesis and harmony will pour its riches into the seas of Binah, the seas of understanding and realization . . . Her Drive is pleasure, healing, sensuality, conception, fulfillness and her Light is good luck, joy, satisfaction, and passive success.” (Raven)  I can see this, today, as the replete satisfaction of an entire week spent “three-of-cupping.”  I was quite surprised to see XVI La Maison Dieu as “The Feather of Truth” card. Not horrified, not terrified, I didn’t soil myself our even dampen my underwear, I simply thought; “How curious!” I almost NEVER get this card for myself; in fact I can’t remember the last time. If I take it alchemically & Kabbalistically, it looks different. This is the Path of Peh, 27, (my daydate of birth, incidentally) in the Tree of Life. It is also Saturn and Uranus - the sudden breakout of realization, the destruction of old values and a “sea-change” in some aspect of my Life. Appropriately enough this card is ruled by the planet Mars, just as its element is Fire. On the Tree of Life is on the Axis Netzach – Hod. It’s numbering is a bit screwy – it IS 16, thus the cross sum is 7, but THIS time it is 4 X 4, and alchemically this is induration. (Google it. I wonder what they called the medieval version of “Photoshop?”) “The Tower is a symbol of endurance and its destruction, an allusion to sudden, maybe shocking realizations that crushes old views and persuasions, maybe the view of the whole world. The area of relative security starts wavering, our tower then falls and with it the walls around us that have become too narrow. It is rarely the evil, but rather the necessary development we meet when there is a change in the armor of destruction.” This speaks DIRECTLY to the Tower that has just fallen in my life (see recent posts.) So, if I am looking at it in this positive aspect, this violent Arcanum clearly signifies that I MUST Lose in order to Gain, with the gain being the greater. Her Drive is breaking up structures, destroying the old, getting rid of obsolete loads while her Light is a sudden realization of the truth, the will to change old ways, to recreate life and start something new. This COULD be a frightening card if happening in the immediate future, but in my case, it is simply confirmation that I acted in Harmony with the Universe when I killed the golems. This is a GOOD Sunday draw, a “sit back, relax, and regard with a kindly eye all of your recent activity and its’ results” draw. Amon be praised! (One of my peculiarities is that I get a kick out of ‘worshipping’ the Godhead, the Divine, in his/her avatars, hundreds of them, in ancient Egyptian religious mythology. It is the “religious jewelry” I prefer. I was brought up to believe in the superiority of aluminum foil and this lie was clear EARLY on – but I did find the gold for which I searched in the outer forms of Kemetian spiritual belief and interior illumination in the more “cosmic” tradition.) So, this being tossed into the definitely mixed salad, besides it being a g-o-o-d day, I want to make it one of quiet spiritual advancement, as well:
“Splendid you rise in heaven's lightland,
O living Aten, creator of life!
When you have dawned in eastern lightland,
You fill every land with your beauty.
You are beauteous, great, radiant,
High over every land;
Your rays embrace the lands,
To the limit of all that you made.
Being Re, you reach their limits,
You bend them for the son whom you love;
Though you are far, your rays are on earth,
Though one sees you, your strides are unseen.”   (from “The Great Hymn to Aten” by Pharaoh Amenhotep IV {Akhenaten) came to the throne in c. 1370 B-C. to reign as co-regent with his father Amenhotep III [c. 1397-1360 B.C.]. He attempted a religious revolution in which faith was focused on one god - Aten [the solar disk].)   


2 comments:

  1. as above, so below: moon, full, moves from pisces,lover of the underdog, to aries, the spiritual warrior, fighting to protect itself. a sun(libra) -moon(aries) opposition(...same as in my birth chart by the way!!!...)reflecting the 2 cups and the integration of the sacred feminine with the divine male....this go round in cosmic evolution, in a higher plane...like no other time before!!!a result perhaps of our inner work;and the towers destruction of all that hasnt served us in a very long while....revealing unconscious truths ,emerging to awaken and enlighten us....................while venus, uranus and saturn are in a harmoniuous(trine) aspect, they help to awaken the heart; expand our limitations/boundaries/structures that support our emotions...............hows that for rebirthing!!!!!experience

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nicely tailored as garnish for the entrée! LOL. Thanks, Linda.

    ReplyDelete