Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Good morning and Welcome! to my Scales of Ma’at for 10 Sep 2015: the 7 of Flames (Wands) and the Sage of Flames (Queen of Wands). (Today’s deck is *The Sirian Starseed Tarot* by P. Cori and A; Bartha. The “philosophy” behind the deck is rather Erik Van Dänekin-ish, but the deck has some great images. I’ve had it for a long time now, and have always hesitated using it (it is fricking large!) but whenever I take it out (not often) I love the images. Go figure. If you are small-handed, learn to manipulate better with your feet, too.) It seems as if I will be spending the day with women of Fire and resolve. Which is fine by me, I usually have all my life; my female friends weigh heavily in the Fire signs, especially Leo; I’m always broke in August. Today, however, I find out I’m starting with the 7 of Wands – and she isn’t normally someone to whom I give a lot of consideration. She’s all about Valor.  She lives in Netzach in the Tree of Life and of course by way of Fire. In Astrology her planet is Mars on Leo (I know this woman REALLY well!) Since she is entering Netzach, creativity and anarchy stand under the number of destiny. She is falling from Tiphareth, but she is a fighter, and though the element seems to be burning down, it will struggle to survive. I have to face up to forces stronger than myself, hopeless-seeming situations yet I have to fight. Her Drive is Courage and overcoming opposition, her Light is Initiation and rebirth but her Shadow is merely defensive, not offensive. I can’t think of whom among my current female friends this might represent, not does it seem a very facet of me, and so this is a wait-and-see. (“It’s a mystery, just a mystery,” as Cher said when asked if she had undergone plastic surgery yet again.) BTW, just as a side note, I always see that kerchief on her left arm at first as a large bird biting her arm to restrain her. Then my eyes refocus and I see the kerchief; also, I notice her Morse-white complexion and looks, and think “gypsy mummery . . . she’s about as Rom as the Queen of England.” Sometimes you just have to bitchslap that critical voice in your head.) As “they” say, “no rest for the wicked” and “no good deed goes unpunished;” in this case, I’m being hustled by the Queen’s Guard to an audience with Her Maj. Now, the Queen of Swords puts me on edge but I know how to deal with her, but that isn’t so with the Queen of Wands. She IS the Spider-Woman (Navajo-Hopi myth) the thinking goddess, the Athena and the ultimate female authority; her place dates from the epoch of the Matriarchy, She is the Great Yin to the Kings’ (or Knights’ - Thoth decks) Yang, and as such she is an Instructor in what for lack of a better term I’ll call “the civilized arts.” When my mother was alive, she was a great example of this Queen, and now I know a few aspirants but no crowned monarch. My wife is a different Queen altogether, and while I know a number of fine women most have yet to learn in depth about Gravitas and its place in the Courtly scheme. No, this could well be a female outside of my normal sphere of experience, or one I do know manifesting this side of her. It could, at a v-e-r-y l-o-n-g stretch be a facet of me, too, but I don’t buy that, I’m an instructor, too, but the resemblance stops there. (In the 1st place, I can’t imitate that posture! J And people tell me that heels do nothing for my “cupcakes.” L ) I like strong women, I always have. I can’t stand the “helpless screamers” at movies, or the “oh no, I don’t know what to do, call the Man!” women. Lack of spine in ANYONE creeps me out. So do “psychic vampires” and “wounded birds,” but those are other stories for other times. The Queen lives in Binah, and in Astrology she is a bit of Pisces and a lot of Aries. She is Water in the Fires of Atziluth. She’s a lot of things & people. Missing the stability of earth and the logic of air, tolerance and self-control never were her best disciplines. Her Drive is Motion and transformation, her Light is Independence and adaptability. If you have the bad luck to run into her Shadow, she is intolerant, despotic, jealous, reckless and demanding. (Like most grade school teachers and all nuns.) Well, again, I’ll have to wait and-see, because no one or no energy nexus springs to mind. This doesn’t resemble my Anima at all, either, so it is hard to see her springing into this configuration with any glee or need, for that matter. I could be wrong. (I like to say that once in a while, just to keep the memory of the taste of it in my mouth, because I’m not wrong. Not ever. Others haven’t accepted this yet, but they will, they have to, it is self-evident!) At any whohow, I think I’ll take a page from the Flames’ grimoire and “Welcome life & embrace opportunity; I am a radiant strong being filled with the power of love.” (app.)   


2 comments:

  1. AS ABOVE,SO BELOW: MOON AND MARS IN LEO:SMOOTHING OUT ROUGH EDGES OF YESTERDAY..BEING LESS SELF CRITICAL/DEFENSIVE NEED TO FOCUS ON STAMINA(related to anima???)ITS "A TIME OF POSSIBILITIES"...for overcoming obstacles....?????i.e. queen of wands???maternal internal authority figure who is generous, protective.and wishes for her birth-child to feel his inner child....SELF EXPRESSION COULD HELP START A NEW VENTURE

    ReplyDelete