Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Good morning and Welcome! to my Scales of Ma’at morning 2-card reading for 09 Sept 2015: X The Wheel of Fortune and the Prince of Pentacles. (Today’s deck is the *Golden Dawn Temple Tarot” by N. Farrell, H. & N. Wendrich. Big, oversized cards with bright colors – these are good teaching cards or just fun when you want to see your reading in “IMAX” format.) Being a Golden Dawn deck, this is going to address “elementals, powers & principalities” rather than Aunt Midge and her grotesque bunions. I’m not feeling very driven to explore the human today, and thus I get these cards which suit quite well actually. I had a boatload of “human” for the past couple of  days, and I want to retreat a bit; just a bit, not for long, just long enough to catch my astral breath and breathe the air of the solitary for a bit. And, of course, I wanted a little guidance for the day, set in the 2-part format of the Scales reading; what is my heart today, and what represents the feather of truth against which it is weighed? So, leaning heavily on the correspondences of the cards, let’s take a look at what I am living today, shall we, Montressor? Instead of a heart, Dorothy, the Wizard gave me X, the Wheel of Fortune, and I’m quite happy with that as I can identify with “spin the wheel, take your chances” today. On Path 21 of the Tree of Life, there is Saturn, Uranus, Neptune & Pluto, the Masters of Karma. It is actually ruled by Jupiter, on the axis of Chesed – Netzach, and OF COURSE its element is Fire. As a matter of course, I have to agree with what Raven (Raven writes a blog easily available on the Web, and says on his blog about Major Arcanum X, “Whether the Wheel of Fortune is positive or negative is not a matter of happenstance or events in the first place; but rather of the way we will deal with the results, arrange our lives with the unchangeable and work on what we might be able to change - and of course of our ability to realize facts.” Bingo! There you have it, the kernel, and the essence. Our “luck” is “how we react.” The Wheel’s Drive is Eternal motion, changing & restarting. Its Light is Unexpected changings, fortune, realization of luck, but its Shadow is Fatalism, a changing to the worse. I feel like I’m generally on the up for some “good luck” today! Facing towards me in my rather happy-go-lucky stance is the Prince of Pentacles, yep, Mr. Boring, Mr. Stable. And let’s not forget Mr. Inflexible . . . I point out these qualities, as well as a lesser-known title of this Prince, that of “Prince and Emperor of the Gnomes,” (I can’t help but think of Gringott’s Bank in the Potter films, and thinking, “Not a group that I would wholeheartedly be happy ruling,”) for one reason – I’ve been feeling a little snappish lately, much like this prince. I’m not being unreasonable, just snappish with corruption which is touching my life at the moment and even though I am furious! at the situation, there is nothing to be done but to pay the bribe. Jeezuz wept. Also, I had a really productive talk with my wife about how I feel changed after 3 years of illness, and how she feels, and are we still sailing in good emotional weather together? We are, I’m happy to say, but the realization that I WANT that more happy-go-lucky Mark BACK really sunk in and made long-lasting waves in the reservoirs. In short, I’m sick of being sick; I want to be happy again. The Prince is all about the Chariot of the Earth; he hangs out in Tiphareth, and spans a bit of Aries and then a chunk of Taurus. He is “in the Air above the Earth of Assiah.”  (It’s an elemental ambiance thing, don’t worry about it.) This is Mr. Phlegm, your high school science teacher – he lives by the rules, “DAMMIT! that’s why they are there!” On the good side of that, he is as faithful and loyal a friend as an English bulldog with a weakness for your wife’s homemade sausages. He really IS a nice guy, and he is a fortunate friend to have, as he believes in absolutes. His Drive is Solidity, increased material, growth; his Light is Unwavering, industrious, enduring, but his Shadow may harbor corruption, avarice, and coldness. Pithy and precise & full of little golden nuggets.)  Well! I take exception to that corruption, avarice and coldness rap. However, part of the Prince’s character is a kind of judgmentalism that sits ill on the shoulders of the young man, causing him to 2nd guess many of his “calls.” I can get like that when I’m being a real prick; both Judgmental and worried about being perceived as Judgmental – yeah, I know, fucked up. But there you have it, it does happen, and I’m on my high horse right now because I’m being tapped for dirty money and I have no real choice; pay or risk surgical butchery. The patina wears off the image of the French health care system, in a big way. At any rate, I’m copacetic with the Prince riding in to observe the spin of the Wheel and to help me shoulder the day, whether it is light or heavy. It looks as if today’s affirmation will be “I locate my goals and work towards them with great energy.”(app)   


1 comment:

  1. perhaps a new start????.................A ABOVE, SO BELOW: MOON IN LEO, MARS IN LEO: CAREFUL OF OVERPOWERING AGGRESSION....URANUS(CHANGES ARE WAITING TO HAPPEN) IN ARIES(SELF).....MERCURY (READY TO GO RETROGRADE(MESS UP COMMUNICATIONS)AND PLUTO(CONTROL) IN CAPRICORN....BEWARE OF POWER STRUGGLES ESPECIALY IF YOU NEED TO PROVE YOU ARE RIGHT;WATCH YOUR LANGUAGE TOO...STAY AWAY FROM MANIPULATIVE CONVERSATIONS..ARE YOU ASKING IF YOU ARE COMING FROM A POLACE OF SUSPISCIONS OR DISRESPECT? WORDS CAN BE HEALING AND EMPOWERING......OR....NOT....THIS IS A DAY OF PRACTICALITIES!!!CHOOSE THE POSITIVE ;STAY CONSISTENT WITH YOUR PLAN OF ACTION......ALL QUOTESFROM STRO. SITE

    ReplyDelete