Saturday, September 5, 2015

Nhr hrw Iiwi ! (Good morning and Welcome! - trying out a little ancient Egyptian) to my Scales of Ma’at for 06 Sept 2015: The 2 of Disks and the Queen of Cups. (The deck today is my newly beloved, *The Nox et Lux Edition Tabula Mundi Tarot* by M. M. Mellen. And yes, for the moment, it is like mainlining pure “Taroïn”® straight into my veins. People with addictive personalities be warned; for your own health, if you own one of these decks, and are an addictive-type, mail the deck directly to me, I’ll be sure and safeguard or destroy it, as needs be. You may do this with ANY deck by which you feel cursed, and I will happy to be of service to you at no extra charge! Harrumph! ) In asking what’s new today of the cards, I sometimes easily forget that there is a corollary to that question, which is, What isn’t new, but could have left a foul miasma drifting around the palace grounds, disturbing my exquisitely-bred hunting cats and wilting the beds of daffodils and yellow roses? Also, and it may seem unconnected, but did you ever see, as a child, one of those Rube Goldberg machines stated to produce eternal energy for free?  That’s how I feel about the 2 of Disks; as if it is sideshow gimcrack amusement with which I am being fobbed off before I can penetrate any further into the house of Disks. I, personally, know better, I’ve been the King and worked my way through the Queen’s rather formidable dowry before “we left this region of Space and moved out of this galaxy a long time ago.” (*Stargate SG-1*) The usual depiction of the juggler has a rather more nefast effect on me; I always think, “Yeah, that’s right, keep juggling, fool, you’re going to go ass over teakettle in a heartbeat . . .” I have a strong anti – 2 bone to pick with the Cosmos, and I’m not usually sure why. Unity becoming double, recreating, sub-dividing, what-have-you, almost always sets me up for the feeling of “Uh-huh, there’s two, that means I can expect three real soon, and what tentacular monstrosity shall IT be??” The birth of an unknown power fills me with trepidation, not excitation. On the “fact” side of things, the 2 is The Lord of Change, and resides in Chokmah by Earth. His Ruling sign is Jupiter, in the 1st decan of Capricorn. Representing the Earth in Chokmah, “the realm of creation and energy, directing the pure material resources of the Ace towards a specific goal, in order to change from the raw material to the actual creation process. . . it stands for the alternation and natural balance of gain and loss, weakness and strength, growing and fading, ever varying occupation and wandering. In nature, everything is in constant change, well balanced with and in each other, building the principle of natural growing and proceeding. The Two of
Disks reminds us that we are still part of that nature that we have to accept the natural flow of changes and handle it with care and consideration.” (Thank you, Raven!)  Today she is being slyly glanced at, in reflection, by the Queen of Cups, Queen of the Thrones of the Waters, Queen of Nymphs and Undines.  Queenie here IS the Water of Water; it doesn’t get any wetter than this. (I imagine to myself that her name is Ondine.) This is Aphrodite, Venus, Isis-as-Lover/Queen; this is all of the most “unattainable” women that men (& women!) have ever created, in whatever art. I worship for afar, as do most men; I prefer the originals, of course, as any good aficionado should, but I have others of the same mold: Hypatia, Theodosia, Nefertiti, Gloria Swanson, Rita Hayworth, Kim Novak . . . it is hard to modernize, harder as you age, so your goddess tend to remain rather fixed and eternal. I love MANY of her manifestations, too, of course: yellow roses; beautiful precious stones, tissues and colors and textures that are a constant astonishment in such a limited material world. IF I know the Goddess at all, is in the avatar of my wife, a woman like many others, just a woman, but a being with a soul of such beatitudinal goodness that I felt like the shadows of Hades next to her when we first met. The Goddess was gracious & generous enough to bring her into my life for this 2nd half of the Journey, when I was going to need the presence of the goddess. I can only sincerely hope that I am fulfilling some necessary function for Jean’s progress on the Journey, as well. (It isn’t a business marriage, I don’t mean to paint it like that – we love & care for each other very much. I just always think, “Is this a 2 birds for 1 stone opportunity?” Grin.) This Queen here today is rather amusing, as we are spending the weekend at the beach, so there is a LOT of water around! We have a 3rd person present, a friend, so it isn’t an amorous or even particularly tender weekend, but it is enjoyable and when my wife and I smile at each other, it’s a Good Moment. Ok, {{sigh}} back to LAX . . “The facts, ma’am, just the facts.”  The Queen is in and traverses from Gemini to Cancer. Her world is Briah. The Queen of Cups represents water in water; she is the purest manifestation of the soul of the waters. Thus she represents pure emotion, passion, feeling, never influenced by judgement or purpose . . . so she is susceptible to all kinds of influences; her instability might let her appear unreliable and inconstant. Her Drive is floating across the borders, drifting between reality and dream and her Light is Imagination, poetry, kindness, sensitivity, emotional depth. (If terribly aspected, a madwoman.) So, all things considered, it seems that there shall be smooth (-ish) sailing ahead. I WILL, however, need to keep in mind that uncomfortable awareness that something is about to be generated, because I don’t want to miss its’ arrival, whatever it is! “Today, I am a radiant and loveable being!”    









No comments:

Post a Comment