Thursday, October 8, 2015

Good morning and Welcome! to my Giza reading, a simple 3-card daily reading consisting of 1) Left – my dominant vibration of the day, 2) Right – my Challenge of the day and 3) Top Center – Resolution & Clarification. (3 cards, 3 pyramids on the Giza Plateau, thus . . . .) My draw today, in order, is the 2 of Disks, IX the Hermit and III the Empress. (Today’s deck is one of the strangest I possess, the *Strange Wonders Tarot* by William Wraithe. I’m neither a “Chucky” nor a “Puppetmaster” fan, but these cards gripped me from the first moment I saw them. They are heavily psychic (Geburah through Yesod) in flavor and speak to a lot of the Shadow side of our work. Of course I am, as well, still under the vibrational aftermath of yesterday’s reading with a Qliphothic deck, so today, while still strange, isn’t at all surprising.) I’m entering the day as the 2 of Disks, I see; I am epitomizing Change in some form. This card is in Chokmah in the Tree of Life and of course of Earth. In Astrology, it bestrides Capricorn as Jupiter. “The Two of Disks represents the Earth in Chokmah, the realm of creation and energy, directing the pure material resources of the Ace towards a specific goal, in order to change from the raw material to the actual creation process.” (Raven) There is a lot about 2 that puts me off – the “juggling” aspect one gets from other illustrations, but here it is clear that the 2 are uniting to give birth to the 3rd, (3rd eye, disk.) As a matter of fact, if you took away all of the red, you would have a fairly mundane although esoteric 2. I also see 2 here as meaning “feeling slightly social”, but not a lot. I’m not a 4 or 6! 2s are about change, yes, I get that, that thrust to be 3, because for abstruse reasons 2s are unstable and 3s are very stable (in most perceptions of Malkuth.) The Two of Disks reminds us that we have to accept the natural flow of changes and handle it with care and consideration. His Drive is growing, proceeding, the beginning of a project; his Light is flexibility, an enthusiasm that a project proceeds and his Shadow projects imbalance, the inability to accept a change. So, apparently, I’m feeling slightly civil today but not excessively, which is me anyway. I’m up for play, but it needs to be attractive. The Challenge facing me today is a different facet of me, that of IX the Hermit, who still lives very strongly inside of me, even after a lifetime of coupledoms and a marriage. Being sexually “fluid” (I understand that is the *new* term) doesn’t encourage setting down roots, so it took an extraordinarily long time for me to do so. I enjoyed being IX, but it encourages “persnicketiness,” which is very undesirable; eccentric is one thing, hostile is another. My Hermit is on the Path of Yod 20 in the Tree of Life He is Saturn as the keeper of the gate, or Saturn in Aquarius, standing for the search of wisdom and the keeping of independence. He is (surprise, surprise) Virgo in the Zodiac. His access is from Chesed to Tiphareth, and he is of the Earth (not really a surprise, eh? Therefore, 2 “Earth” cards today, so far;) for most people, the silent loneliness of the Hermit appears unattractive, but behind the Hermit is the wisdom of the High Priestess. You cannot listen to your inner voices while having a party . . . . His Drive is retiring from life, retreat from the masses, looking into one's self, introversion while his Light is wisdom, realization, mental maturity, the inner light. He runs the danger of being lonely & bitter, however. (Raven and me.) I am intimately familiar with my Hermit, and while he has ALWAYS served me well, I feel that today he isn’t the answer as much as he is the challenge to ‘conquer,’ to overcome, and my Resolution card, III the Empress, would seem to confirm that. Her Path is of Daleth, 14 in the Tree of Life, and she is Venus in Taurus, standing for fertility and growth; her Earth rules the bull. Her planet is of course Venus, and she walks the axis between Chokmah and Binah on the Tree of Life. She is, in a word, Harmony. So, what am I being told here? Oh, I get it in the larger sketch, but I like to look down and “into,” so to speak. “The Empress is the friendlier aspect of the female archetype. She stands for maternity, love and mercy; at the same time she's a symbol for sexuality and emotion. She is pure feeling, absolutely unintellectual, but basically life. The Empress is the Great Mother, representing the beginning of all life. She is the power of nature, causing change, renewal, major plans.” (Raven) Well, the message TO me seems clear, at least to me. My Anima needs some space to make herself some space, to note down something self-evident. I get it; she’s recently moved back in to the family palace and wants to find her own set of apartments, not the ones I “assigned” to her after the Great Fire. We are both finding our way about here, as a matter of fact. It isn’t really the same structure, and us living together again after so long is new and breathtaking and terrifying all at the same time. She is just as strong, but wilier, than my Animus, and adapting to her inner presence is really sending me down some very strange little roads these days. I want to get across that we are alright, just sort-of-new; as if you were meeting your twin sister again after a 50 year hiatus.  I believe I am being told to leave the day in the hands of the Goddess, and to let the Anima find her own balance between the 2 of Disks and IX the Hermit; she needs to go do her goddess thing and I need to step back and stay out of her way unless she calls for assistance. Or, at least that’s the way I feel about it. My “feminine side” is a grown woman, I don’t need to guide or help her be herself, and she’s just as capable of self-reliance as my Animus. So today, it is time to let her have the field and in doing so, “Love and Beauty will flow through my life in a limitless stream”. Now, let’s just work all of that down into devil-doll language . . . .  




No comments:

Post a Comment