Saturday, October 24, 2015

Good morning and Welcome! to my daily Scales of Ma’at reading for 25-Oct-2015: the 6 of Pentacles is my Heart and XVIII the Moon is today’s Feather of Truth. (Today’s deck is the *Ghost Tarot* by Davide Corsi. Well, it’s dark, almost too dark to read, but the ghosts are well-done. It is a curiosity deck, not one I’d buy if I had to go earn my living with the cards.) I admit to being curious about the 6 of Pentacles representing my Heart; Funnily enough, the blurb given to it in the LWB is puzzling: “Patience and waiting lead to small moments of eternity. But there is no eternity in solitude.” Wow, let’s all talk about oracular mutterings over some kraters of wine. The card is commonly called Success, and he sits in Tiphareth in the Tree of Life. He is of the Earth, of course. In astrology he is the Moon in the 2nd decan of Taurus, and he is your “forerunner” into Tiphareth, which is vitally important as you have just “experienced” the 5 of Pentacles (if one were following the journey like that, strictly linear.) I have been ill the last few days, so it is HARD to see that 6 moving me into Tiphareth, but who knows, stranger things have happened. “The 6 achieves a wiser attitude towards material concerns. Nothing is taken for granted so easily anymore, and losses won’t be taken for the end of the world.” (Raven) My Drive as the 6 is Overcoming a Crisis & Success; while my Light is Wealth, generosity and nobility. I DO need to be careful of False Pride, as well as taking things for granted or being prodigal with my resources. So that is kind of the so-so place I can say my Heart is today, and what lessons it can pick out of the hopper. The far more fascinating element in today’s draw is XVIII the Moon. In this case, I think it is better to START OFF with Drive & Light; my Drive is entering the underworld and exploring the depths of soul, my confrontation with the dark side. My Light here, illuminating the way, is Intuitivism, wisdom, maturity, and a deep self-realization. I sit on the Path of Qoph (29) on the Tree of Life, and of course I ride that Scorpio like a broncobuster. Pisces keeps me company because of course I’m Water, and form the connection for Netzach to Malkuth. My number’s a bit odd, 18 signifies the Return of the Animal (sun/moon eclipse) and yet the cross sum is 9, a number of great wisdom as personified in the Hermit. “The Moon will lead us into the blackest depths of our soul, into the world of the subconscious, where there are no more words, just images and notions. It represents a journey into the darkest night, a look behind our own face.” (Raven) I like the Moon, but I know that for most people, The Moon isn't the most comfortable trump. Equated with the mysteries it has glamour and appeals which are trumpery, people don’t enjoy looking into their own abyss. Unlike most trumps, the Moon has no real negative aspect, but it implies a serious danger. The journey into night could be too much when we're not prepared and we might get lost in our own shadow, but I don’t fear that – I am intimately acquainted with my shadow, and there is nothing there that Anima and I can’t handle together. After all, the company and the co-operation start at home, right? That’s all I have to say about this draw today, I get it. I need to go “inside a while” with the reminder that $$ concerns WILL work out to my benefit if I approach solving that problem with a team attitude. I really AM ill, thus the brevity. Hopefully tomorrow will be windbag-gy and over-worded, as usual! LOL.   





2 comments:

  1. as above;so, below: there is room for balance and solvency if you woulld just ALLOW itt..the waxing pisces moon will move into firey aries: the warrior (less the dreamer) today..keep an open heart...thhe full moon culminates 27th: youve a few days to acknowledge your shadoww;shed thiose illusions,,,,,face your light and end the self deception ..retrograde neptune,,uranus and chiron wish you to re-evaluate what you put out into the world....a reward is waiting with a new beginning of visionary passions turning into realities

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOts & lots to think on there, Linda. Thanks.

      Delete