Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Good morning and Welcome! to my 2-card Scales of Ma’at daily reading for 07 Oct 2015: XIX the Sun and VII the Chariot. (Today’s deck is the *Black Cats Tarot* by Maria Kurara, another of my October choices.) As I have said previously, I don’t usually draw 2 Major Arcana on a 2 car daily draw; the odds alone favor at least 1 or even both as pip cards, but I am consistently (peripatetically-consistently, actually) drawing 2 Major hands, and so my Heart and Feather of Truth cards tend to get “archetyped” and meta-explanatory, which isn’t very useful when looking for nitty-gritty advice. My question today, however, WAS general, “What do I need to know and/or do today to continue my progress on the Path?” And thus I am being given big meta-extensions on my personality that will help mightily in the digestion of today. Or, that is the theory. In practice sometimes you have to reach deep-down for the correspondences, especially the ones you don’t like; but you MUST take them out and look at them if the Tarot is going to be of any use at all to you. Let’s not forget what it is and what it isn’t; it IS a system of meta-psychological help to your growth and evolution as a human being; it ISN’T a Feelgood Machine. I know how deeply fissured and cracked I am in some places, and so do you about yourselves. As much as my ego enjoys being taken for a superior being, then that much any actual spirituality I have will decline. “IF you wish to attend THAT party, sir, please pay the doorkeeper. He takes platinum cards, as well.” And besides, I don’t need to be trying to blow smoke up my own ass; the world is already down there doing that, urging me to consume as much as possible and remain blind in the process. I NEED that vision of Ma’at or Guidance In Truth in order to navigate the smoke-blowers and the ass-kissers and the ninja assassins littering my Path ahead. So it is nice today to my Heart card is XIX the Sun. The Sun is on the Path of Resh in the Tree of Life. In astrology his natural house is House 5, representing the joy of life, creativity and persuasive power. He is on the axis between Hod and Yesod, and OF COURSE his Element is Fire. (Numerology fans will recognize that the Sun’s number, 19, is a higher level of 9, the cross sum is 10 (> Wheel of Fortune > The Magician.) “The Sun is the symbol of life and light, for the power that always is generously given without reducing itself. The Sun will shine and give light to the earth to make all life possible. So the Sun stands for vitality and optimism, the blossoming of our nature, and is a sign that we have overcome the time of darkness and are ready to enjoy the light.” (Raven) The Sun’s Drive is aiming at the light, living for generous, unconditional principles while his Light is vitality, generosity, warmth, and self-confidence. I’m not quite feeling this stellar at 7 o’clock in the morning, but one can hope that as the sun rises (just starting) so will my own feelings of joy and satisfaction in work well-done, and my Heart may, if it wishes to astonish, rise above the surface of the scalar plate, and defy the Feather to follow it. It isn’t a matter of Innocence (of which I have none left, not since before the War of Secession, damn their Yankee hides!)  ­- - - I’m sorry; I had to take a long break to deal with a malware invasion. Whew! XIX & VII already at work, helping me out, and getting me back to uninfected status within an hour. I LIKE That! I cut off here the 1st time, when the computer did its version of screaming and flashing red. So, just for brevity’s sake and to honor the Tarot for so quickly giving me the cards to help me not to React in angry hysteria as an answer, but rather speedy and effective treatments, I shall still keep it short. Thanks, guys!   





No comments:

Post a Comment