Thursday, October 15, 2015

Good morning and Welcome! to my 2-card daily draw, the Scales of Ma’at, for 16-Oct-2015: as my Heart card stands VIII Justice and as the Feather of Truth stands II the High Priestess. (Today’s deck is *XIII Tarot* by Nekro. It’s a rather typical “dark” deck, “Conan meets H.R.Giger” but the card format really works against this art format. The images are far too intricate and monotone to be seen on a smaller-sized card like this, thus the images become USELESS, and one simply “draws the hand” in one’s head with the “labels” given to you. Typical Spanish deck. Yet I want to like it, in the same spirit that you want to acknowledge the child who tries hard but doesn’t win. Oh well, maybe next time . . . .) With  no help from the card art, no hints in which direction this reading wants to go, I’m going to look at it more Kabbalistically and alchemically than otherwise. With that in mind, let’s go say hello to my old friend and walking partner, VIII Justice. Like all the great levelers in Life, one says of VIII that it is a two-edged sword which cuts both ways, so be careful for what you ask. Without turning it into too much of a joke, I’m a lot like that – be careful what you ask of me, you will obtain it, but in what manner, what form? My heart has burned recently over the injustice of the world, he often does that, but as I age I become more reluctant to pick up that sword and more trusting in the fine-grinding of the Mill of Intentions and the Karmic clause in the Universe’s dealings with its inhabitants. I find it odd, humorous, touching and just a bit eerie that VIII would turn up here as ME, and not as the Feather of Truth, the symbol of Ma’at, who IS Truth and Justice, Balance and Harmony, and the ancient Egyptian “Way” (patriotic cheers.) Nevertheless, let’s take a look at her skeleton; She is Venus in Libra, standing for fairness and justice, and brightly aspected by Saturn. She IS Libra, and stands on the axis between Geburah and Tiphareth. She is of the Air, and as VIII -8-, she is the number of justice and adjustment. Justice is “a symbol for the balance of contrasts, complementing one another and also building up room and time. She combines the High Priestess and the Magician. Both are connected - true, conscious action results from realization; wisdom is based on action. The principle of activity completes itself with the passivity of inner reflection, the adjustment being the balance in between.” (Raven) She is uncompromisingly honest and objective; she IS the realization of cause and effect. Her Drive is the will for knowledge, harmony between reality and instinct, and objectivity while her Light is Balance, justice and fairness. Well, it sounds like my heart is in a good place today, but knowing myself, I’ll need to steer clear of any self-righteousness. Ha. As for my Feather of Truth for today, it’s an odd one to pair with the VIII, II the High Priestess.  Whap! Right between the eyes, “Hey, Sister, don’t forget intuition in your search for Objectivity!” I won’t have to work too hard at that; as much as VIII burns within me, I am currently subject to sudden excesses of emotion pouring out of my interior at the oddest moments. I know what they are; they are old incrustations of wounded emotions, finally coming free from their barnacle-like hold on the Golems I have so recently dismantled. There are finding their own ways to the surface and surfacing when they can, to lose form and rise and disappear on the cosmic breeze. Nevertheless, I have two women in the house today, so that means, “pay attention, Mark.” The manifestations of the Goddess are abounding and alive today here chez moi, it seems! This meeting makes me a bit nervous, but as long as there is no “females in prison” violence happening, I am content to stay silent and observe their interaction as played out in and through me today. Here is II the High Priestess, the Moon in Scorpio in the 12th House, the moon as symbol for the lunar consciousness, Scorpio standing for the powers of the unconscious and House 12 stands for the mysteries. She is astrologically the Moon, and sits in the Tree of Life on the connection between Kether and Tiphareth. I’ll give you one guess which Element is her –bzzz! Water, of course! Her number is 2 as the symbol of duality. “The High Priestess represents the deeper, more subtle aspect of the female archetype - the darkness, the mystery, psychic power, the might of the moon to enlighten the subconscious. The High Priestess is silence, passivity, containing a power of her own. Only when retiring from the world can we allow our subconscious to rise, listen to our inner voice and recognize our spiritual power.” (Raven)  Her Drive is the desire to find the inner sources, the primal springs, and her Light is being one with the beginning of all, aware of the wisdom from the subconscious, of intuitive knowledge and patience. I just need to be careful and slide off the deep end with one of these excesses of emotional “purging” to fall into too much dreaming or doubts, or ignoring reality. Nevertheless, on the Balance of things, my Intuition is a trustworthy friend.   


2 comments:

  1. asabove, so below: the moon is in sagitarius(just come from scorpio)...giving us encouragement andd adventurous feelings: go for the stars!!!!....venus iss opposed neptune: alot of compassion and/or confusion:easy to overlook the paractical details and dwell within, where dreams are made

    ReplyDelete