Sunday, October 25, 2015

Good morning and Welcome! to my daily Scales of Ma’at reading for 26-Oct-15. (Today's deck is the *Singing Serpent Tarot* by Eleanor Boyce. Very Aubrey Beardsley-esque, it is a wonderfully evocative deck.) It’s getting close! The best holiday of the year! Why governments don’t shut down for at least a week of celebrations is incomprehensible. LOL. That’s me – freaky and a fan of the occult since birth. I don’t classify tarot as “the occult,” it is too tied into our current psychology of the moment, but it certainly can become a gateway to the wonders & marvels unseen by those with “Betty Crocker eyes.” Today my draw is the 3 of Swords as my Heart card (!!!) and IX the Hermit as the Feather of Truth. I presume you know what I am doing – in the ancient Egyptian afterlife, the soul faced the trial of The Weighing of the Heart. This was presided over by Ma’at (Justice & Balance) and witnessed and verified by Anubis, Guardian of the Portal. If my Heart weighs more than the Feather of Truth, then it and I are tossed to Ammit, a hellish amalgam creature who will then devour us and, worst of all for an Egyptian, I am forgotten to history. “Your name shall not be remembered” is a deadly Egyptian curse. Okay? So, today as my Heart, I have a GIANT heart being pierced by three swords, one of those cards that everybody “checks” in a deck; for me, by suit, it is the 5 of Pents, the 3 of Swords, the 7 of Cups and the 8 of Wands. If they all please me, then the deck is sure to, as well. (I’m all over the place this morning; please forgive me. I’m running a temperature.) With this card I am in the land of Sorrow. One goes into Binah here, meaning the fields of understanding and perception and realization. The 3Sw is an Air element card, and in astrology he is Saturn in the 2nd decan of Libra. The dark side of understanding is being revealed to us, the truth behind the saying “it’s better to be lucky than smart.” “It is the curse of the Swords to be so clear and honest, to analyze what others prefer to ignore, to put in plain light what others hide in the dark. They are not like the Cups who are lucky when they understand themselves, the Swords are the Mind and when understanding what they see, they dive into melancholy.” (Raven) Interesting, isn’t it? That melancholy is our answer to understanding? I can SO feel that to be true, but I can no more explain it than I can explain the engine of a Titan rocket. Sure, the principles are clear, but it is their application that is so damn hard! So the Three of Swords can talk of a painful realization, a hard decision that has to be made, and the melancholy of Saturn when recognizing the unveiled truth. They also can stand for a disappointment, the loss of an illusion, or the detection of a treachery, a lie, a deceit. My Drive here is melancholy, and facing a painful truth; my Light is understanding, “sober” conduct, and losing false illusions. I should be very careful, however, that I don’t REMAIN in disappointment, pain, sadness or sorrow. So, who’s keeping me company on this rocky part of the Path? Ha! I should have known, who else would come here with me? IX the Hermit. I have a soft spot for the Hermit, and that is a stupid and foolish thing to have, because he is just as powerful and amoral as any card in the deck. I automatically think of myself when I see the Hermit, and that is both right and wrong. My exterior life has always been on display, in one form or another, and it hasn’t been a particularly private life, either. My INNER life, however, from as far back as I can remember, was led as the Hermit. I perceived, perhaps in the womb? that I wasn’t to be accepted as me, but as what & who “they” wanted me to be. So when it came time to slide down the charnel chute, my mother gave birth to twins that day. Their me, and the real me, the Hermit. (How she passed the lantern is a real story! LOL) IX the Hermit is on the Path of Yod, #20 in the Tree of Life. He is Saturn as the keeper of the gate, or Saturn in Aquarius, standing for the search of wisdom. In the Zodiac he is, interestingly, the Virgin; he leads from Chesed to Tiphareth, and not surprisingly, he is of the element Earth. “Listening to the inner voice and caring for the inner self. Retreat from any 'high life' and loud company, it is a time of self-reflection and self-realization. For most people, the silent loneliness of the Hermit appears unattractive, but behind the Hermit is the wisdom of the High Priestess. You cannot listen to your inner voices while having a party . . .” (Raven) Tetragrammaton! Ain’t THAT the truth! My drive is to retire, retreat from the masses, and to look into myself. My Light for this comes from wisdom, realization, mental maturity, and the inner light. So that’s what’s up today, from this numerical knot in the fabric of space-time. I have the irrational hope that somehow, having done this, my fever will disappear. I know, I know, I might as well go to the gypsy with a black chicken and $500 in cash. It doesn’t work that way. Illogic springs eternal. However, there is always aspirin, otherwise known as the Eucharist of Sufferers.  Let’s see if the Hermit has any last words before we embark upon our solitary path today. . ah. My affirmation for today is, “I dwell at the center of myself.”  And yes, I get it; “thank you, Thoth! (I know it was him.)   






3 comments:

  1. as above, so below: maany lessons emerging if you are in the right(quiet) space to hear them!!! tomorrow is the culmination of the full moon in taurus: the idea is to go slo in order to go faster ...through the transitions/shifts of this recent tsunami of energyyyy , cleansing annnd purging our lower bodies( temperature you say? your body is purging the toxic thinking which has /is causing this diis-heartened phase.... mercury is coming out of the shadow;really direct and the communications insights are becoming clearer/ready for forward motion into the higher realms...find your footing! stay grounded...and be patient..honor the transition/process and receive the benefits of all this revaluating/recallibrating......let your iner worlllld tell you what to think....then.....you will feel better!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda- all you say sounds right on, & is valuable info. I can do this, and the stars are in a great position for it. Thanks!

      Delete
    2. Linda- all you say sounds right on, & is valuable info. I can do this, and the stars are in a great position for it. Thanks!

      Delete