Friday, October 30, 2015

Good morning and Welcome! to my Scales of Ma’at reading for 30-Oct-2015: my Heart card today is the King of Cups and the Feather of Truth resides in the 8 of Swords. ‘Today’s deck is the *Secrets of the Necronomicon Tarot* by Donald Tyson. The Deck abounds with the inhabitants of the Cthulhu Mythos; if you know it, it is pointless to reiterate it here, and it you don’t, far too complicated for this space. « You have a vastly overrated idea of my perversity. » I found myself saying that the other day to a commentator to my blog: I have rarely heard of erudition being taken as vulgarity and a perception of human character called putting your nose in someone’s else’s shit, but someone is always taking me to task for net seeing this or that in the cards, or the method, or my definitions & descriptions, or a thousand and one other little things all meaning they are afraid to put down their hands down their own pants and check and if they’ve got a pair or NOT. Balls. Brass balls. I do. So if you will, milk, cookies, lollipops and lies go elsewhere, we’ve got shit to do. [For some reason Marduk is around today; I can feel him meandering the “corridors”; it isn’t all that common for an antique deity to come back and wander around, something must be up. If you don’t know him, Marduk =  “Solar Calf,” in Mesopotamian religion, the chief god of the city of Babylon and the national god of Babylonia; he was eventually called simply Bel, or Lord. After conquering the monster of primeval chaos, Tiamat, he became Lord of the Gods of Heaven and Earth. Think Amun-Re’s Babylonian brother.] Usually when the Great Ones are out and about, unless it concerns you, you tend to hear far off footsteps and that’s about it. But that isn’t the case here; I think Marduk is milling around Europe, getting impatient for us to open our doors and let his people in to safety, at least temporarily.) There is a general “tension is rising, ladies & gentlemen. Premier Kruschev has just removed a shoe and has placed it on the podium” feeling about things here in the Old World now. PLUS, I am getting the rising message, louder and louder, that I’M NOT ASKING FOR ENOUGH. Let’s look at the cards. Today, my Heart is the King of Cups, the “Lord of Waves and waters” and he sits in Chokmah in the Tree of Life. In astrology he sits squarely akimbo between Aquarius and Pisces. He’s about being Fire but in a world of Water, so it’s a bit foggy in here where he lives. (Great for exotic flora, though!) He’s notoriously unreliable and notoriously out of place. “Briah is the world of emotions and sensitivity, and the King of Cups might have good senses for art, poetry and lyric, his compassion can make him a good healer and/or priest/doctor. If he manages to reach real depth and inner conviction, he will be able to provide rich tenderness and emotional warmth.” (Raven) My Drive is redemption and grace, while my Light is compassion and sensibility. So; whose company am I keeping, today, if I may be so bold as to ask? Who or what has something to teach me today? What is going to by MY Feather of Truth today? Well; hmmm . . . err . . . it seems to have manifested in the middle of a tragedy, with 4 dead mean with swords in their chests, a freaked out girl holding a sword, and four more swords untouched on the wall. ‘What a scene! You can only imagine what Tarantino or the Coen Bros. would do with it!)  Eight of Swords – well, oh crap, there went any ideas of a smooth, eventless day. My playmate for the day is Interference. Shit. He’s the letter Hod, as well, and Hod is in the Tree of Life. He belongs to air. In astrology, he is Jupiter (again!) in the 1st decan of Gemini (all you schizoids out there, be careful; I’ve got a driver’s license and I do not break for schizos or other misplaced manifestations!) “With the Eight of Swords, the suit enters Hod, the realm of intellect and logic, and one should think how happy the Swords must be now that they are 'amongst fellows'. But Hod is more the structure of mind, while the Swords are the freedom of mind - conflicts are pre-programmed.” (Raven) This is 8 on his home ground, and he isn’t even comfortable here? “That be a bad sign, PurlyMae . . . .” All the 8s are like that, they are like a “lost generation” or some like simile in a societal setup. Usually the illustration shows walking away from what you have wasted before towards the unknown, but there are still hidden depths for you upon which to draw. So here you stand looking at the havoc you have wrought in the past, and the future is just outside that door. Given the way this card is illustrated, the lesson could be that grief is even counter-productive. Further, the 8 of Swords reveal the nature of the suit regarding its tendency of overanalyzing and considering everything, digging out a counter-argument for any argument there is, quickly recognizing any limitation and conclusion that in the end means the interference in its own reasoning. It isn’t a comfortable suit, it isn’t meant to be, and the Truth on display here is subtler and applicable differently to each person. I believe the Truth as applied to me hear is to be especially careful of how I present the “truth of myself” to others and in doing so I need to continue the work of moving on and making new inroads as I continue to walk the Path. “I skillfully direct my energies into the things that will make the most difference.”    

2 comments:

  1. as above; so below: message of the stars/planets for this whole week has been to be careful how you show your SELF tto the world...can be self-limiting! mercury is the key here: observer of the inner world and the higher realms/mind:: soon to bring more clarity for thenext chapter in the new world..bringing a felling/knowing of whole-ness/holi-ness...we are aligning our hearts and minds; fine tuning with the planets....what is steering you?your lower mind? heart? higher mind/the integration?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 4 on-the-floor and a 456 Chevy engine . . . LOL. I get it. Thnaks, Linda.

      Delete