Saturday, October 31, 2015

Good morning and Welcome! to the Scales of Ma’at reading for 01-Nov-2015: the Knight of Machetes (Swords) as my Heart card and II the High Priestess as the Feather of Truth today. (Today’s deck, that I was impatient to use, is the new *Ghetto Tarot’ by Alice Smeets. After MUCH unnecessary Political Correctness back & forth bullshit, it has made it to press and is absolutely LOVELY! The images are alive in a way I have never seen them before, and if it reminds me of anything, it reminds me of a gritty kind of ‘Tarot in the streets’ presentation because it IS that immediate. They read well, too. I give this deck two enthusiastic thumbs up!)  Let’s just dive in, naked, into the lime Jell-O with cottage cheese, shall we? Well, you would think the costume of the Knight of Machetes would be worn through with holes and stained with involuntary fear from the sheer number times I’ve had to come in her and throw those old glad rags on. I like the card illustration – the knight ready to go do battle for his “school,” i.e. his set of beliefs, his “place.” We know his good points (fidelity, smart, creative) and his bad (hair trigger, stubborn, unwillingness to change course.)Let’s look at his bones, Mamma. He’s “Prince of the chariot of the winds,” lives in Tiphareth in the Tree of Life. In astrology he’s astride Capricorn and Aquarius, and he is ALL air = The Air of Air. The Knight of Machetes is the pure manifestation of mind and intellect, full of plans and ideas which on the worst side may disturb and confuse each other, on the best create an inexhaustible spring of creative thoughts. The Knight is intelligent, idealistic, full of creativity and fluidity, a real Mercurian spirit. . . .” (Raven) My Drive is idealism and, intellectual agility, whereas my Light is creativity, and intelligence.  I’m so familiar with this guy I could do him in my sleep. He’s okay – so if that is where my Heart is today, I can live with it; I only hope I am living him (again) on a higher cycle, a higher plane, and not simply repeating the same groove on the vinyl over and over again. That is up to me, to take him up to higher levels; I shall. Much to my delight, my Feather of Truth card today is II the High Priestess. I am delighted precisely because I don’t see her very often; she is like the exotic aunt you had as a child who would occasionally blow throw trailing odors of spices and faraway places. I think the Priestess is deeply fond of me, but she is also by Nature a hidden person, and I am very much a ram in a chine shoppe by Nature. She excites the hell out of me when I catch glimpses of her; my 1st exposure to her secrets was in the eyes of old-time movie stars like Rita Hayworth and Gloria Swanson and so many others. The women themselves were rather common and ordinary, sometimes even cheap, but when the goddess shone in them they were FLAWLESS. I’m that maybe-rare gay guy that finds women sexually exciting, not just “girlfriends” or “role models.”  I am as close to the statistically perfect “bisexual” as one is likely to meet; and my standards are astronomically high. My wife, by the way, isn’t, but it isn’t an issue for her. So when I meet the Priestess ANYWHERE I’m on High Alert, not primarily sexually, but with the heightened awareness that I am in in an ambiance where I am breathing pure feminine waters, similar to breathing in the womb. The Anima is at home, of course; she ran off to make tea in the kitchen or something, whistling a happy tune, something from *The King and I,* I think. As for me, I’m the pilgrim back in the séjour, watching the eyes of the High Priestess and listening to her low chanting as she tells me stories of long ago and far away and of times in which I think I would have been very small, indeed. When Night and Day walked the oceans of the Void, and stars illuminated lone lotus blossoms in the mud. I eat that stuff up, you know. I was born a Seeker, a Demasker, a Tell-Me-Everything!  Let’s take a quick look at Mamma’s bones: she’s on the Path of Gimel (13) in the Tree of Life. She is (oh surprise surprise) the Moon in Scorpio in house 12, the moon as symbol for the lunar consciousness, Scorpio standing for the powers of the unconscious. House 12 stands for the mysteries. She walks between Kether and Tiphareth. And naturally, as the Moon, she is Water. She IS Duality. “The High Priestess represents the deeper, more subtle aspect of the female archetype - the darkness, the mystery, psychic power, the might of the moon to enlighten the subconscious. The High Priestess is silence, passivity, containing a power of her own. Only when retiring from the world, can we allow our subconscious to rise, listen to our inner voice and recognize our spiritual power.” (Raven)  Her Drive is all about find the inner sources and Light comes from being one with the beginning of all, aware of the wisdom from the subconscious.  “They dined on mince, and slices of quince, Which they ate with a runcible spoon;  And hand in hand, on the edge of the sand, They danced by the light of the moon, The moon, The moon, They danced by the light of the moon.” (Edward Lear) I shall not only remember, but I shall plumb the depths of my opportunity today, my Intuition works like a trustworthy friend. 
  


No comments:

Post a Comment