Saturday, October 3, 2015

Good morning and Welcome! to the Scales of Ma’at for 04 Oct 2015: the Queen of Wands and the Queen of Swords. Both upright. Both in the same room. (Today’s deck is the *Dark Grimoire Tarot* by Michele Penco & the usual gathering at Lo Scarabeo. The first time I saw this, ages ago, I thought, “Eh, meuh . . .” Now I rather like it. Loosely based on the Cthulhu mythos & other creations Lovecraftian, the cards really are rather prosaic except for the oddness of the illustrations. If you want to read in that “grimoire-esque” fashion, this deck would do better than most.) Now, if I was worth my salt AT ALL as a homo/bi-sexual man, I’d have a campy field day with this morning’s draw. Two Queens in the same room, in the same reading, one symbolizing my Heart and the other the Feather of Truth. Oh, I’d camp & carry on & scream & go tits-up about the whole thing; but I am not and I will not do it in any such fashion. So, if you read a snarky gay comment in here today, it is probably just a coincidence. Probably. This is quite literally the first time that this has ever happened to me, and I am taking it as “oh, the mail today is for my wife,” or rather, Anima. I “think” this is a message for her today. I’ve never had the cards directly address my Anima before, so this will be instructive. So, striding onstage is the Queen of Swords, the Keeper of the Energies of Fire. She sits and immediately falls into a pensive mood, a ‘tableau vivant’ of Athena-like consideration of the forces roiling and in rapid movement behind her. This is, I believe, a correct representation of my Anima, of me (I don’t want to give the idea that I intend her depersonalization by writing of her in the 3rd person.) The Queen of the thrones of flame is in Binah in the Tree of Life. In Astrology she sits astride Pisces to Aries. She is WATER IN Fire (= Steam, lots of it, and like steam, even hotter than boiling water.) “Personifying the waters in the element of Fire, the Queen of Wands combines opposing elements when neither of the contrasts can overcome the other, thus having an unstable balance between them. She is the mother of her element, the emotion and the sensitivity, thus having her attributes of love, understanding and sympathy, her abilities to form and create, spending trust and warmth. The fiery character provides pride, passion, inspiration and powerful independence, her charisma, strength and expansiveness.” (Paraphrasing Raven.) I DO believe this is how my Anima sees herself, as the Queen of this element who has won her crown through hard, sometimes warlike, conditions with her own king, my Animus. (Sometimes he comes through as the King of Swords, but that’s covered next, the clever wench. She hasn’t left any open doors.) And in the same friggin’ room sits the Queen of Swords!! My bet is she is the visitor at the Court of the Queen of Wands as she is finding it necessary to manifest her snakes and severed heads beneath a rather vituperative & “laughing in madness” expression. If you take a really good look at her, this Queen ALREADY symbolizes the qualities of her card reversed, at least in illustration. This is not some balanced goddess of the hunt, this more the real “voice” behind that mad Queen of Hearts that Disney foisted upon everyone. She isn’t Hearts, of course, because then we might be seeing an illustration for the old cliché, “Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.” If you strip the personal from that, it becomes a very powerful statement of how the energies SHOULD interact (even though I detest the word “should” and think it should be horsewhipped out of town.) In an odd sort of way, I feel as if faced with two of the Four: To Know and To Dare. The other two are confabulating something somewhere else in one of their Homes, so . . . on one side, with Her Majesty of the House of Wands, we have her Drive: Motion and transformation  and her Light: Independence, honor, spiritual visions, passion, and adaptability ; on the other, se have the Queen of the thrones of Air, astride Virgo and Libra, a typhoon. Her lack is the stability of the Earth as well as the will of Fire. Yet, alongside Wands, the Court of Swords may be proud of its Queen, as her Drive is Independence, freedom of mind and soul, and her Light is Wisdom, imagination, self-confidence, perceptivity and gracefulness. . . . Ha, my male ego took a few punches today, none of which were foully aimed or thrown, Thank Min! but I DO think that today my Head was told by my Heart to get off her ass and move around a bit, look for adventure, look for Action. It was a very female conversation, “You have your house back, girl. Let’s go out and shake & bake it!” I rather doubt the Queen of Wands will adopt that idea “wholeheartedly,” but I think she WILL take the hint & get up and move around a bit. She has the Freedom; now, to move around Her palace wherever and whenever she may wish. I have welcomed her home, with sincerity and hope for our future together, brief though it may be, that we rule this kingdom with wisdom and mercy. She is, always, a woman; there is a part of that I will never understand until REAL Unity is accomplished; but that will come, eventually. We only have to wait, in peaceful understanding and co-existence. And today, my Anima, and thus me, will know that I am a radiant strong being filled with the power of love; my life is a constant and glorious exploration.    


 

2 comments:

  1. as above, so below: today is laid back with neptunes influence..but...you will be posed to work something out; the solution will come easily with jupiter sextile moon ; plutos influence: a recall of power vs empowerment issues ...queen of inner work vs queen of mental work.....one is more stable; the other needs some flexibility...to help integrate animus and anima....help us all feel whole.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excellent adjunct, Linda! Thank you.

      Delete