Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Good morning and Welcome! to the Scales of Justice reading for 15-Oct-2015: the 8 of Pentacles (Quetzalcoatl) and X The Wheel of Fortune (The Sphinx). (Today’s deck is the *Fantastical Creatures Tarot* by Lisa Hunt & D.J. Conway. Runs the gamut from sweet to eerily-appropriate-on-so-many-levels. Meet new friends, greet old ones and hope to see your favorite - - - is more or less the delivery vehicle of the deck. It works . . . if you like fantastical creatures. I happen to do so, so it is alright by me. Fun and in my October theme.) I’m having a “return to comfy, protecting Earth-vibes” feeling today; have since I arose VERY early. Those mornings when you wake and, feeling okay in your skin, you rise and decide to “by Horus, let’s just do it. Get it done. Yeah, let’s just march on today,” and it is perfectly okay, deep down, feeling that way today, you know it. A very Pentacle-y day in your bones. And voilà ! I draw the 8 of Pentacles as my Heart card for today. The Toltec divinity pictured is Quetzalcoatl, Divine Father and King. He also appears, as you may know if you have ever done LSD, as a plumed flying serpent. He’s gorgeous; unfortunately this rather monochromatic illustration just doesn’t cut it. On a “Pentacle-y–feeling–day” like today, he is most likely to represent his basic divinatory translation: “it aids in strengthening self-confidence to tackle a new skill; professional progress felt; Recognition of the rewards and satisfaction of work.” (This last bit from the deck’s LWB.) Yeah, I can grok it. I get the vibe today, but just to be “sure-sure,” let’s approach it a bit differently. After all, my last meeting with this card was MOST unpleasant! But here, the 8 of Pentacles is known as Prudence, and resides in Hod in the Tree of Life, Hod through Earth. (Here’s how that works, from the Vox Populi, aka Wikipedia: “Hod [Hebrew הוד howd "majesty, splendor, glory"] is the eighth sephira of Kabbalistic Tree of Life. Hod sits below Geburah and across from Netzach in the tree of life; Yesod is to the south-east of Hod. It has four paths, which lead to Geburah, Tiphareth, Netzach, and Yesod.”) In Astrology I am represented by the Sun in the 1st decan of Virgo. For me, Hodder that I am (at least for this card! quit laughing), this means a new start, a new beginning. The Disks have learned the lesson that Saturn has taught in the disastrous Seven, that everything needs time and consideration. Now here within Hod, the area of logic, this can come true. (Raven & I, Chunky-style.) My Drive is consideration & prudence, while my Light involves the realization of coherences and thus the ability to wait for the right moment. Yes indeed, this can work quite nicely indeed. Accompanying Quetzal as he pavanes through the greenery around Tollàn, the Toltec capital, is X the Wheel of Fortune, here shown as the Sphinx. Every esoterist worth his incantations has a thousand and one immediate associations for the Sphinx, so the field is wide-open. Here we don’t exactly have pictured the 4-points Sphinx of initiation, but rather a Sphinx entering Consciousness like Cleopatra/Elizabeth Taylor being pulled into Rome on that enormous rolling Sphinx, all in gold of course. Accompanied by flocks of giant ibis (Thoth), and preceded by a mystically floating sign for eternal life (ankh) hovering over a wadjet eye (protection). Well! That is certainly an entrance! (You can hear the women whispering “exotic slut!” while the men ogle her cleavage (Elizabeth’s, not the Sphinx’s.) Let’s see how he’s going to fit in with 8, shall We? X the Wheel is a quaternary Being, made of Saturn, Uranus, Neptune and Pluto - the masters of Karma. Uniquely enough, they have chosen Jupiter to represent them. He travels the axis between Chesed – Netzach; his element is unsurprising Fire, his number 10 is 1, etc. We have been through ALL of this very recently when the 10 showed up in a slightly grayer draw. I LOVE X, s/he’s even my business Muse & logo. I am NOT saying I love bad luck!! Don’t even THINK that idea, Universe! What I would like to say is that I can understand Change. Good? Yes. Needed? Yes. Whoever is on whichever end of this Perpetual Motion Machine, I NEED to go where I am going and I need to learn & recognize why. If I don’t, I don’t get to move on; I’m trapped in the cycle. I know all of this; I’ve lived it, and ESCAPED it, before. But it is beautiful to watch turn its’ karmic perfection, is it not?  You MUST, however, watch out for its’ possible fatalism! Ha! My drive is eternal motion and, amongst many, acceptance of fate, while my Light resides in unexpected change and the realization of the nature of Chance. This actually works quite well with 8, me as “job-seeker” (even though I’m not; it serves the metaphor.  I AM seeking new directions for my talents and energy after the latest round at the refurbishing plant . . . hmmm.) So today, feeling Hoddish and all, I think I’ll just kick back, relax and depend upon Life.   


2 comments:

  1. as above, so below: today there are to be no distinct energy waves perceived. tonight , however,, things go off on an impractical tangent,. good if you can deal with someone with applicable resources.

    ReplyDelete