Friday, November 13, 2015


Good morning and Welcome! dear friends, to my daily Scales of Ma’at 2-card reading, for today 14-Nov-2015: VII the Chariot is my Heart card and the 9 of Coins is riding as the Feather of Truth today. Today’s deck is a new acquisition, *The Raven’s Prophecy Tarot* by Maggie Stievfater; with accompanying book named “Illuminating the Prophecy.”  I haven’t cracked the book much yet, but the cards are wonderful!! Does everything those “detached Nature” decks try to do and fail, whereas she succeeds. What usually fails is the ability to make fitting similarities between their artistic vision and the requirements of Tarot. She does so beautifully; with striking NEW imagery for some cards that is STILL highly appropriate. I really like this deck.) (There are only 4 levels in my grading system; R.R. Like, Really Like, Like, and Despise. 3 out of 4 are varying degrees of party, the 4th is the equalizer and failure. You may as well go home and smear yourself with dung and weep at the feet of your spouse or mother. I wasn’t going to write this morning. I pulled the VII, said to myself, “Yeah, I now I’m impatient to get my ass in the hospital Monday so that they can open one of my legs from perineum to toe and see if they can actually detach the 15,000,000 lbs. of steel that has fused itself into the bone over the last two decades, destroying all of my cartilage in the process. (Whether this can be accomplished, only opening me up and LOOKING will tell them. X-Rays don’t cut it.) It is promised that the surgery will be long and delicate, and that I’ll be out for a while, I don’t image it can be any more delicate than the last time: that time they had to install a shunt between my liver and my stomach WHILE BOTH were hemorrhaging. Not that I’m using my body to challenge the limits of surgery, trust me, I’m not!! (After the shut, the docs, here at the center of Medicine for the entire Western World [Montpellier – look it up], the doctors said that modern medicine would be able to do NOTHING to stop a painful death if I aggravated my liver again with alcohol. And you know? In that case, the VII the Chariot DID speed me towards not only the hospital but much greater happiness as a non-drinker. That was 3 years ago. This time, I’m burning to get there; I want to be on the 9 of Coins again REAL soon. I know it means wealth, but for me that Wealth IS my loved ones, being surrounded by them and being alive to share a laugh or a tea with my boys and a stirring moment of victory with my girls – I fuckin’ LOVE my family, the family I Built here, during the last 12 years, and DAMN!! I’ve worked fucking HARD at it. So yeah, I’m invested here, I’ve got “family and friends,” my LIFE is here. I don’t mind giving it up if it is my time, I HONESTLY DON’T, I’m ready to move on at any moment, but I want my family to experience life as a string of bubbles of happiness from here unto Eternity. The Chariot is a do-right-guy; too, he’s no slouch. Let’s take a quick look at his bones, VERY quick: The Chariot is on the Path of Cheth (18) on the Tree of Life. In astrology he is Mars in connection with Sun or Mercury; Mars as symbol of enforcement combines with Sun as symbol for Will or Mercury as the symbol of the Way. He’s in Cancer and on the way from Binah to Geburah. He’s Water, a little surprisingly, and his number, 7, is the number of divine and earthly harmony. “The Chariot stands for combined powers, ready to move forward. It represents the dynamic principle and the human will to proceed, the ability to use the powers of life and keep the outer and inner balance.” (Raven) His Drive is the will to conquer and his Light shines on the awakening of powers and finding one's place in life. (For the general info, I really DISlike the way her book is written here, it is ALL negativity, and that simply isn’t correct. I can see I am going to have to COMPLETELY re-write the book. Harrumph!") Facing us as the Feather of Truth is a lovely image, the first full blossom of the deck, the 9 of Coins. Materially it is right AND wrong; we are alright, but the future is grey to grim, so to speak. On the whole, however, I believe we feel blessed. We are relatively happy, we have a life which we can comfortably live. Let’s take a look at 9’s bones: Nine of Coins – aka Gain, is in Yesod in the Tree of Life, through Earth. In astrology he’s Venus in the 2nd decan of Virgo. The 9 of Disks have reached Yesod, the fields of imagination and reflection, but also of foundation, and in the latter the Disks meet their happiest realms. Fully satisfied with themselfes, they settle down comfortably and gather in the crops, the well-earned rewards for good accomplishment, while enjoying the shining charm of Venus putting everything in sweet light. The card can also stand for health, or successful reconvalescence after illness or injury. With Yesod - reflection and imagination - inside of the perfect harmony of the 9, the 9 of Coins has returned to the middle column of the Tree of Life, enlightened by the beauty of Tiphareth that resides above and just one step from Malkuth as its root and origin, the completion of the journey." (Raven) Rarely, sometimes I think Raven gets carried away on his own wings, but that IS the basic answer. Today’s going to be okay and calm – for both me and my family. I know for myself, I’ll be getting ducks in a row and in order for my absence; the wife isn’t a big self-help starter. It’s ALL good, though, it really is. Just get me to the hospital on time. (And speaking of which, I may or may not post tomorrow as usual. If I go on “silent running” for a while, it is simply me getting better, a process I’m told will take up to 6 weeks. Harrumph! “Not if I have anything to say about it, young man! BTW, you’re very cute, has anyone ever given you a private screen test?” Unfortunately, I have a feeling he would be very high maintenance.) The 9’s Drive is Love while his Light is compassion. I certainly hope so, today, for my sake. In other words: “Life fills me with wonder and Light.”   


2 comments:

  1. as above; so below: MAGIK!!!! of the new moon in scorpio energy..which occurred 11/11...alot of alchemical transmutations and reconstructions of our physical realities going on...."""whhhen we embody the light that we are, we embody christ consciousness,cosmic law and order.....and so we embracee annnnd embody LOVE....and our ppphysical reality mirrors that consciousness.....live in the NOW...in the ONENESS....create the shifts you want in your physicality"""...............................sending healing prayers for a NEW YOU; a happy/healthy you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wonderful star news, Linda, & thank you for your good vibes!

      Delete