Monday, December 28, 2015

Good morning and Welcome! to my 2-card daily The Balance of Ma’at reading, where the 1st card represents the state of my Heart, and it is “mythologically” being weighed against the Feather of Truth of the goddess Ma’at, Justice & Right-Living. Now, don’t believe that I flagellate the 1st with the 2nd, far from it. I hope to use the Feather each and every day as that day’s core-point to remember and implement, while processing my Heart. Simple enough, eh? HA. Like all human endeavor, easy to state yet problematic to initiate at times. Today I am confronted with a very large Heart indeed, XXI the World, and as the Feather of Truth today I need to seek the precept in what is admittedly a perplexing draw, the 6 of Cups. (Today’s deck is *Tarocchi della Spirale Mistica* by Giuseppe Palumbo & Giovanni Pelosini. While it lays vague claim to being “tuned in” to other disciplines [Alchemy? Kabbalah? Maybe . . .] it is firmly traditional. It is a “pleasant” deck.) I can nail the Heart card easily enough, because that is EXACTLY where my heart has been this last week; use every cliché you want, that was me; heart-on-my-sleeve, rampant out-of-control empathy, weepy at the death of a match, it was ALL going on, and I nearly felt capsized and drowned in the Waters of the Mother. I HAD asked for it, it was just . . . well, just MORE than I had expected! After a couple of late-night “rough-it-up” sessions with testosterone-loaded films & discussions with some “potes,” (slangy, French “guy friends”,) I feel I’ve brought a little bit of Balance to my heart, precarious though it may be. As I’ve said before, I get it that being a hardass for all those years was in preparation for this, but to see your “hardass-ship” take off in such a different direction as to serve as your bouclier for Empathy, well, it takes me a few heartbeats to adjust. So, what IS my Heart today? XXI - The World. She is on the Path of Tau, 32 in the Tree of Life. Neptune is her cosmic omniscience and Pluto is her central power of creation; yet, she is represented by Saturn. On the Tree of life, she goes from Malkuth to Yesod. An Earth element, numerologically she is 21 as the symbol of the whole, 3 x 7, the cross sum is the 3. “The Universe/World as the end and completion of the Major Arcana is the symbol for the zenith of development - the achieved goal. The work is done or will soon be and we have found our place in life or will soon do so. Seeing the second decade of the Major Arcana as a way of self-realization, the Universe becomes the crown and the end. The Death was the rebirth, the Art the beginning of the alchemic work, the Devil the overcoming of restrictions, the Tower the breakdown of the jail. We followed the Star, explored the Moon, found the Sun and watched the Phoenix rise from the ashes. Finally, we touched the Universe/World.” (Raven, waxing poetic in a rare moment.) This doesn’t mean that I think my Heart’s work is done, but it has reached a grand plateau for the moment, one where I can see leagues & leagues further across the Sea than before, to misty island shores. For now, I am happy with that. Moving on, I’m looking at my Feather of Truth today, the 6 of Cups, and admit to, perhaps not obfuscation, but certainly a bit of mystification. The 6 is “Pleasure,” which is a weak word. He’s in Tiphareth in the Tree of Life, and is a Water card. In astrology he is the Sun in the 2nd decan of Scorpio. Meaning, more or less, that the lessons of 5 have been learned, and 6 has evolved as being open to all directions and thus resolution of imbalance. Other than the general blow-smoke-up-your-ass feel-good-ness of the card, though, their artistic portrayal here intrigues me. It is Gurdjieff, as a dervish, whirling in an “Ecstatic state” which for lack of a better phrase is EXACTLY that acceptance and transformation of the differences (certainly emotional and all that Cups signify) into a trance of Ecstatic experience. I find that beautiful, and believe I’ve found the Feather for the day – “Rise, Rise on the wings of Your Heart Phoenix and dance for Ecstasy.”  Or at least that is what I sincerely hope. “The Six of Cups will tell of deep emotions that have passed the depths of pain and fear and therefore will enjoy the pleasures of harmony and devotion more than ever before.” (Raven) That’s Raven again, chipping in with one of his non-sequiturs which are never not-on-point. I can actually feel this, this precept in today’s Feather, I have been so terribly close to it lately, but hadn’t found my “sea-legs” sufficiently to stand upright on the deck and face the Light, I was too busy trying not to drown – ha. And in the end, my 6 of Cups comes back to Inner Sourcing, feeding my own growth with the harvest of my seeding. I can deal with that, yes, I can, because it is SO in line with exactly where I want to go next. Good Journeying to you, too!  
    







No comments:

Post a Comment