Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Good morning and Welcome! to my daily 2-card The Scales of Ma’at reading. I’m starting to feel Balance return after the emotional roller coaster ride of the last few weeks to a month. The Waters are calming and Fire has come back out of its cave to burn in the open Air once again. The Earth is a little churned up, but that’s good, that’s planting ground for the crop I’m trying to grow now. Today I’ve drawn the 4 of Pentacles as my Heart card and representing the Feather of Truth is the Ace of Cups. (Today’s deck is *Tarocchi di Vetro” by Elizabetta Trevisan. An Italian deck taken on reinterpretations of stained glass. I have another, different stained glass deck I prefer more, but this deck DOES have something, I’m not sure what. Highly traditional. I must reserve, for the moment.)The 4 of Pentacles is awful stable, and I’m not sure that is an accurate representation of my Heart today. It isn’t really calm & foursquare, but that is what it wants to be. The 4 is also named Power, sits in Chesed in the Tree of Life and comes through the Earth element. In astrology he is the Sun in the 3rd decan of Capricorn. What does that mean? That means he is not prone to risks, which at this point I understand, I NEED calm time to fully process and absorb my latest landscape-sculpting storm. It’s really kind of a dull time, actually, which falls just as well now, between the Pillars of Herakles, the 25th and New Year’s eve/day. I leave it to you to figure out which one is Scylla and which Charybdis. “The 4 of Pentacles has reached the realm of Chesed, the fields of condensation, growth and stability, standing in the structural discipline of the Four. The work of the Three has paid off; the fruits are rich and manifold. Therefore, the 4 of Pentacles represent success, establishment, proficiency, comfort and security not only in material values, but in familiar relations and profession. Thus, the power it supplies is grown from peace and security, the well-deserved reward for good work and concentrated effort. It has nothing to do with any ruling force, and it won't ask for it.” (Raven) That’s Raven, my oft-consulted oracle for when I want a bare-boned strip down on a card. He’s short on words and long on wisdom, like most ravens. So today my Heart is concerned, is “weighted by” the care to be given to moderating attachment and not leaving a toehold for fear of loss and avarice to sneak their way in. I shall need to keep the Heart’s Drive in stability, security, and gain while I shine the Light of assured material gain, rank, success, wealth, productivity. I would apply ALL of those “money” adjectives to my work on myself, not as cash incentives! Ha! Lifting my gaze from my Heart to the Feather of Truth is also quite a jump in levels of power, energy and movement. Today the Feather of Truth is the Ace of Cups, the Root of the Powers of Water, and Kether in the Tree of Life (through the spring of soul). In astrology it is ALL signs of water. The Ace of Cups shows the way deep into our soul, to detect beauty and trust. It stands for the sources of love, for growing feelings, the desire for a relationship or the readiness to have a friend.” Referring to the Kabballah, the Ace of Cups is attached to Briah - the world of pure feeling and sensitive intention. It is the female counterpart of the Ace of Wands, representing the female element water as a sign for devotion and care. The card also tells that the beauty and the ugly are two poles belonging together. Without shadow, there's no light - and mud is needed to make liliths [lilies?] blossom.” (Raven) Clever of Raven to leave the Lilith to titillate. I am hoping, SINCERELY hoping, that this is oracular metatalk for me pulling together various parts of myself with a new constitution, a new understanding and a new love, and NOT a new affair of the heart! Gods forbid! Between re-establishing my now-altered kingship and dealing with the depth of the Goddess as well as the God of Light & Darkness, I have quite enough really hot love affairs going on right now, I’m not suffering any dearth. However, being me, I NEED to fight a bit against that desire to melt in one another, sympathy, and devotion, the beginning of a friendship or passion. That isn’t how I want to fritter away this particular stream of energy, (“I have other plans, Mr. Bond . . . don’t we, pussy?” addressing the obese white-haired Persian cat on my knees.) I shall be happy to settle for the Light to be found here in this card to serve as my Feather of Truth today: emotional capacity, fertility, productiveness. 
   


 

No comments:

Post a Comment