Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Good morning and Welcome! to my daily 2-card reading, The Scales of Ma’at, for 13Jan2016: my Heart today is represented by the Ace of Swords and for the Feather of Truth we have the 6 of Sceptres. (Today’s deck is the *Ibis Tarot* by Josef Machynka. As you already know, one of MY favorites and a heavily spiritual deck. This is a real, “Initiate, Here is your Book of Keys” kind of deck. While it seems rather starkly Egyptian, it is chock full of hidden goodies. A superb deck, suitable for from absolute beginners to deeply-dyed-in-the-wool esotericists. If you can find it, buy it.) Well, I see that my Heart is in Action today, and that is a good thing! The Ace of Swords is a splendid fellow, all bright, shiny, new beginnings full of vim & brimming with erect vigor. A quick look at his bones reveals:  The Roots of the Powers of Air, sitting in Kether in the Tree of Life, and boy is he on Fire! In astrology he is all the signs of the Air. “The Ace of Swords is the seed of the intellectual power, the origin and beginning of the airy world of Yetzirah, which implies thinking, analyzing, realizing through logic and mind. Like every Ace, it represents the unstructured primary matter of its suit, the undifferentiated unity; therefore the Ace of Swords is the beginning of thinking, a first idea, a first thought or impulse from the mind and the essence of the element of Air.” As of course you & I already know, don’t we, dear? But the “deal” is that you have to “actualize” that idea, you have to materialize it.  This morning, for example, I am full of resolution to get back on the medical wagon train. I took the extended holidays off, from the 25th of December until now, and I need to get back in the swing & finish up the rehabilitation on this leg. A couple of appointments here & there, some kiné sessions (1 month?) and a couple of “radios” or x-rays and hopefully we can close the case and lock it away in Della Street’s capacious cabinets. [If you know who Della Street was, & want to pay the postage, I’ll send you a ??? deck from France. I’m only offering this on this blog, not on any Facebook repro page. Please, no Googling. Just be honest about knowing her or not. First correct answer on the blog wins the ??? deck.] I’m ready to have the Ace swing into effect today, because I’m ready to wrap up this leg/knee folderol and put it behind me, along with 3 years of dealing with it. BUT, “Ya gotta get off yer ass and ACT, Mark!” So that I must do, today. Oddly enough, I find there is a kind of disconnect between my Heart and Feather of Truth cards today. I’m not sure why I’m being warned about precarious victories and the dangers of hubris, but there it is, right there in the 6 of Scepters shining as the Feather of Truth today. I remember, as a newbie, always being glad when this 6 showed up, which I invariably interpreted as, more-or-less, “diplomatic victory.” Well, a lot of milk has been spilt since then. Yes, it is “Consensus, or diplomatic victory,” but that may be read as “precarious victory” as well; Awareness, Determination and Willpower MUST be brought to bear to assure “a lasting alliance, or peace.” Hubris can almost ALWAYS be the cause of the possible downfall, so give yourself a swift kick in the behind, Mark, and remind yourself not to become swollen-headed about any of your accomplishments or victories lately; you’re big on the phrase “be humble & kind,” so follow through on your own words. You can do it, I DO have faith in you, and it isn’t that much of a stretch anymore. (You just need to REMEMBER to do it. LOL, ha, you old geezer, your age is reflecting your abandoned and decadent youth in its creaky bones now, isn’t it?) But don’t become a dilettante now, not after all these years, stay the course and follow through. Summon your Will and take your next step on the Journey. I need to look at 6’s bones again today, because he’s feeling like an ill-fit: Victory, parked in Tiphareth in the Tree of Life. Fire, of course. In astrology it’s Jupiter in the 2nd decan of Leo. “The crisis of the Five of Wands is overcome; the lesson was learned and has turned into a victory. In the middle of the Tree of Life, right in the beauty and harmony of Tiphareth, the flames of the fire appear like pure floating gold. The Six of Wands shows that all the past troubles and disruptions have been necessary to grow and develop, and the victory we have now is more than just a gain by lucky chance. We have deserved it.” (Raven) Thank you, Raven, you’ve soothed my ruffled feathers as the good friend you are, and I agree, normally this is how I would interpret it, but in the Ibis special attention is paid to being careful of the “precariousness” of the situation, the need to reinforce your ramparts and the danger of overweening self-confidence. I “suppose” I could always take it with a metric ton of salt and say, simply, “don’t get ahead of yourself this close to the finish line, Mark. Just keep on keeping on, and follow through on the medical shit, and let the conclusion arrive, don’t carry it in yourself. Got it, buddy?” And taking the card that way seems FAR more appropriate to the character that I know I possess and manifest in this process. I’ll have to remember, STILL, this is only a 6, and the tumult of the 5 was recent enough to be modest about reaching 6. So, there we have it, hot serving of humble pie eaten, digested, understood. BUT . . . all of that is fine, because that is self-cautionary; I Know it, as I set off with the Ace. I like to keep a firm and somewhat grim hand on myself, (at my age I am finally the voice of my father. Ha!)  thus warnings about self-importance and not being lax are appropriate in that Me-me conversation. Despite the disguise, today’s cards are fairly direct – get out and do your thing, pal, it’s time, just put in the work and stay humble, good things will come of it. With that calm advice, I guess I’ll be getting on with it, then. I wish to all of us the blessings the Cosmos! 

No comments:

Post a Comment