Friday, January 15, 2016

Good morning and Welcome! to my daily 2-card The Scales of Ma’at reading for 16Jan2016: my Heart is represented by the Queen of Cups (!!) and the Feather of Truth is in IV the Emperor. (Today’s deck is the *Egyptian Tarot* by Silvana Alasia. It’s a Lo Scarabeo classic, and quite lovely. All of their professionalism is present. It isn’t a particularly symbol-packed, deeply mystical guide book to the secrets of the Occult; it is simply a lovely Tarot. Sometimes that’s all you need.)  I feel pretty good today. The draw seems especially appropriate; I’m not jumping for joy but neither am I gnashing my teeth, wailing my lungs out and ripping my clothing to shreds in a fury of despair. It’s like the sweet but unthinking smile you give a child when he interrupts your thoughts with a simple question. “What, dear? Yes, put your hand in the alligator’s mouth. Now go along & play, dear, Mommy’s got some thinking to do.” My Heart as represented by the Queen of Cups seems especially generous, as at this very moment I am not feeling like Venus Incarnate but I will say I’m feeling “pleasant.” However, her presence is confirmed; she was delivered to me today as the Card of the Day by one of my phone apps, so that means she had her social secretary call ahead and confirm the meeting. So organized, like most Queens. (Sssh!) I like the Queen of Cups, I do; when she shows up, either in me or in another, I am AWAYS pleasantly surprised at the overwhelming but non-threatening femininity of her; it is always new to me. (My mother, who was a very beautiful, very feminine woman, had the mind of a man, however, and almost all of her character traits were very “male.” All of which made her a stone-cold-killer in a bitch fight. LOL, I’ve never seen a woman take down another [verbally] as fast as she could. Ha!)  My experience(s) with women have almost always been with the “High Maintenance” variety – my wife is a marked exception, the lady is as smooth as French vanilla cream. (Perhaps that is why I asked her to marry me?) Regardless of “other” women, I have enough on my make-up table as it is, embodying even just a few reflections of the great gifts with which this Queen always calms my heart. Let’s take a quick look at her bones (as we are wont to do): Queen of Cups, the Queen of the Thrones of Water, sitting in Binah in the Tree of Life. In astrology she bestrides from 21° Gemini to 20° Cancer, and of course is Water in the waters of Briah. “The Queen of Cups represents Water in water; she is the purest manifestation of the soul of the Waters. Thus she represents pure emotion, passion, and feeling, never influenced by judgement or purpose. She is loving and affectionate, a warm-hearted mother and a tender friend, looking into the depths of the heart. On the darker side, the Queen of Cups lacks the stability of the Earth, the will of Air and Fire. Water in water is all passivity and has no powers of its own, but makes a perfect transformer of any other power coming along.” (Raven) I use Raven a lot, I know, but that is because I like the dude’s lingo, you know? He nails it with just a few references, and they serve to help ME to decipher the card’s application in MY life. (As always, a word to the wise: you have to know the vocabulary & the system before you can understand the shorthand; Alchemy, the Kabbalah, the Thoth system, etc.) The point being that my Heart is in a terribly feminine space today; well, that isn’t new, as weepy & emotional & “feminine” as I was being during the latter part of 2015 during the deconstruction and reconstruction of my Inner Self. I am MUCH more comfortable with hosting the Feminine these days. My only concern for her is that she & the Emperor are back to back, not face to face. That bodes of discord, or difference of points of view, perhaps. We shall see. As for the Feather of Truth today, I have been served an old buddy, IV the Emperor. He is so 4-square, our buddy the Emperor, isn’t he (pun intended)? Upon a recommendation, I recently picked up a book called “The Initiatic Path In The Arcana of Tarot And Kabbalah” by Samael Aun Weor (aka Victor Manuel Gomez Rodriguez.) It is fascinating, arcane stuff. On the 4th Arcanum, he speaks a lot about the School of the Fourth Way; informing the three brains (motor, emotion; intellect) maintains a balance, the “4th element,” to what otherwise, when feeding only the intellect, is unhealthy, neurotic & packed with negative crystallizations from the psyche. Science exists even where it does not. The balance of Tetragrammaton is essential to the formation of the Master Work and the emanations from the Logos. It is all very “up there” in terms of “theoretical theological discussion,” but if you run it through your Captain Marvel Secret Decoder Ring (sold at better Tarophernalia shops everywhere!) it all makes perfect sense, in a space-case kind of way. I understand it, which is the point here. The Feather of Truth for me today is to” be upright & four-square, Mark, you got it?” I WANT, I WILL, to make the Great Work, to turn my leaden dross into the finest spun philosopher’s gold, the Enlightened Man. And like any great work, or Great House (the literal translation of the word “pharaoh”), if it is to last it MUST be built on solid, durable, “right” foundations, correct ones. That is what the Emperor is about, and it is what he is reminding me is truthful in my life today, be 4-Square, Mark, it’s Important. Quickly, his bones: he’s on the Path of Tzaddi, 15, in the Tree of Life. He’s the Sun in Capricorn, standing for responsibility, order, security, continuity. His sign is Aries, and he’s between Netzach & Yesod. He arrived by Fire. None of which is particularly surprising, is it. I like the Emperor, I wanted someone like him for a lover when I was younger, and now wish I embodied him more. But I do, to my best, I think; I’m wildly “caractériel” as the French say, but I do TRY to be as 4-square as I can be as often as I can, and I think that is a majority of the time, if I’m not lying to myself (which I’m not - - I think.) At any rate, it is a good, solid draw today, no surprises nor excitement, so perhaps a calm day with the missus at home. That’s cool, I can grok that. I wish ALL of us the blessings of the Cosmos today!    

No comments:

Post a Comment