Saturday, January 16, 2016

Good morning and Welcome! to my daily 2-card the Scales of Ma’at reading, & for 17Jan2016 it is: the 10 of Coins as my Heart card and representing the Feather of Truth is XVIII the Moon. (Today’s deck is *The Raven’s Prophecy Tarot* by Maggie Stiefvater. Different! It is really very intuitive, walking right into your subconscious and playing with your toys. I like this deck, a LOT, but I would be careful using it publicly (some people aren’t ready for this kind of reading) and I wouldn’t use it for practical questions. This is a “Look Inside” deck. If you are looking for something REALLY different to jar you out of a Tarot routine, get this. It will do the trick, I guarantee it! Today’s deck appearance is dedicated to Dzamila Jon & John Coombs, that Matched Pair of Mischiefmakers.) Have you ever felt like an overblown, past-its-date pear, getting soft and mushy & brown in the bowl? That’s the image I see behind this plethora of roses, the 10 of Coins. I happen to love pears (& peaches & cherries!) but few gustatory experiences are more “yucky” than biting into a rotten fruit. Perhaps that is what it feels like to have a Great Fortune at your disposal, I wouldn’t know, but it IS what this card predicts is the outcome of material happiness. And where my Heart is dwelling today, for some curious reason known only to the card. I don’t feel particularly overindulged in any physical way, or “happy-familied” unto regurgitation. I’m content today, that’s true; we have enough money in the bank to not be in a state of anxiety, my leg is healing nicely, my wife and I are sailing smoothly through our domestic waters, our cats are happy; no real complaints here. Perhaps that is the problem, the self-satisfaction of having enough but not too much; however, if that is true, then fuck it, I’m happy feeling materially OK. “Yeah, yeah, I know, watch my hubris; don’t take things for granted, but how about this? How about if you get off of my fucking back for a while & let me enjoy my Journey when it calls for it? YOU are that critical Voice that lives in the head; you’re just disguising yourself now in sly whisperings into my Tarot interpretations.” I truly despise that Voice, that hangover from the “You Should” days of mimicking the tropes we were taught growing up in a conformist & consumerist society. Let’s look at her disgusting bones, this overblown tart: 10 of Coins, “Wealth,” sitting in Malkuth in the Tree of Life. In astrology it is Mercury in the 3rd decan of Virgo. “With the Ten of Coinsˢ the element of Earth has reached Malkuth, the final place of active manifestation - Assiah meets Assiah - and the Coins are in their very own homeworld . . . the Ten of Coins is the very last of the numbered cards, representing the completion of work, the full circle of Earth.” (Raven)  That makes the 10 the “been there, done that” card, doesn’t it? Which IS true of my life, generally. Barring the most heinous crimes, I have “committed” a very adventuresome & experientially full life. So, to wrap it up, I’ll keep the hubris in mind, but I’m enjoying my gains, so get used to it, card. Ha! “Fuck you, Mark – you don’t get to take that tone with us, here! Have an XVIII, the Moon! Let’s see how you do traipsing down the dimlit trails of your psyche while you’ve got a snootful of yourself going on. Be careful, Mark, you always trip yourself up, no one else does it for you. You LOVE visiting the Moon; take what it tells you with a grain of salt but in a cup of beauty; don’t be tricked, Mark.” Thus the cards answer my attitude with a bit of their own, throwing me to the Moon. Which is fine by me. I LIKE the Moon, always have, have done some of my best work by the light of the Moon. Okay, a zippy look at his (today I’m going with Montu, Egyptian lunar god) cheesy bones: He’s on the Path of Qoph, 29 in the Tree of Life? The Moon is in Scorpio, as the dark knowledge of the depths of soul. On the Zodiac he’s in Pisces and on the T of L he’s in that connection from Netzach to Malkuth, arriving through Water (naturally!) His number 18 being the cross sum of 9 signifies the return of the animal. “The Moon will lead us into the blackest depths of our soul, into the world of the subconscious, where there are no more words, just images and notions. It represents a journey into the darkest night, a look behind our own face. The Moon isn't the most comfortable trump - though everybody likes to equate it with the mysteries, rarely someone really enjoys the look into their own abyss, where sometimes the unvarnished truth is not too pleasant. Embarrassingly enough, the Moon tends to show up what we generally ignore, refuse to see, or even deny all the time. But the step has to be taken, for without facing up to darkness, we will never see the light. “(Raven) One of my favorite quotes from Raven, PERFECTLY summing XVIII up in a clamshell. And as I said, I like the Moon, I enjoy being in that headspace where I can voyage at Will through greyer & darker areas in my mind & being without shackles, without (too much) fear, with the ever-present thirst for knowledge still present in my throat. I WANT to know, to learn, to incorporate and move on. If I took this reading and gave it as a “joke” on the street to a passing drunk, I’d say, “You’re going to have a comfortable day with your head in LaLaLand and darkening feelings in your soul . . ., oh! and have a nice day!” Grin. (You can’t see it, but I’m smiling evilly.) “At any rate, there we have for today, the seventeenth of january, two thousand and sixteen. Good night and god speed.” Thank you, Mr. Cronkite. He is correct, however; it’s okay, this draw, it isn’t anything to write home about, but they usually aren’t, are they. The most exciting things for me today were the ritual (MY ritual) of the draw and then actually sitting down and writing my head down for you folks. Which is really all I can ask, even on a good day. Wishing us ALL the blessings of the Cosmos!   


No comments:

Post a Comment