Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Good morning and Welcome! to my Scales of Ma’at reading for 06Jan16: the 5 of Cups is representing my Heart today, and the Feather of Truth is to be found in XIX the Sun. (Today*s deck is the *Ghetto Tarot* by Alice Smeets & ‘Atis Rezistans’, a group of Haitian artists. It is a lovely, oversized deck of very good quality, and its images are extremely evocative. It took a lot of PC heat in production, misguided in my opinion, and I am delighted that Ms. Smeets struggled through and brought the deck to life. It is wonderful!) So, my Heart is in 5 of Cups-land today, eh? I suppose that is true, I AM feeling a bit let down and “disappointed,” but in a hazy, general way upon which a finger cannot be placed. I “think” it has to do with the last of the Big Wash of effects that go on for 2 months after you’ve had General Anesthesia; they don’t tell you about it generally, but they had a reason to tell me (I am a regular herb smoker, and that MUST be taken into account by the anesthesiologist when working with your inert body.) So, he told me I could expect a 2-month “washout” of his drugs and that it would be “a bit depressing.” Well, gee, yea. I always feel funny/odd about the 5s; I know, I know, people always see problems & deceptions & various forms of skullduggery in the 5s, but I like to look inside a bit and find the kernel in there that is going to take me “a great leap” forward in understanding why I am “in” this or that particular 5. I can understand today’s anesthesia wash-out” as a part of the process, but there is also ME, and I’m feeling a bit let down. It is human nature, of course; I just went through several months of whirlwind activity, Spiritually, Mentally, Physically (the leg) and EMOTIONALLY. The Energy Levels were maxxed out in Every Single One of my playgrounds, and the Cosmas had its Winter Psychic Push, magnifying everything, and the HIGH of all that, even though you have simply an illusion of control, is EXACTLY like taking an addictive mood-altering drug. You can easily get addicted. This is “coming down” right now; I’ve had to do it before with other substances for other reasons, and I’ll find my “even keel” again soon, I know it, because unlike the man regarding the 3 spilled Cups at his feet, I have my inner gaze focused on the 2 Cups that are still full, just briefly out of sight. 5’s guts are basic: - Disappointment. He’s in Geburah in the Tree of Life, getting there by way of Water. In astrology, he’s Mars in the 1st decan of Scorpio. (Mars in Scorpio – I can’t think of anywhere that would be highly useful except in battle or the bedroom.) “The Five of Cups stands for an emotional crisis. It might be that unconscious fears come true; it could tell that feelings are disrupted or wasting away, the soul is empty and unfulfilled. In the sequence of the cups, the Five is the logical consequence of the Four. The grey tristesse that was lurking behind the luxury's glamour is now exposed, the 'truth is out'. The Five of Cups implies the loss of illusion, the realization of a deception. . . The 5 is the quintessence, the power that exceeds the 4 - Geburah is motion and changing, the power of destruction.” (Raven) My buddy Raven with a few words on the card, although I believe he paints it a bit greyer and sadder than it actually is. Don’t forget those 2 full Cups! The Feather of Truth today, the “goal” of where I need to heal my Heart, is in the lesson of XIX, the Sun. Old Sol is on the Path of Resh, 30, in the Tree of Life. He’s in House 5, meaning the joy of life, creativity and persuasive power. He’s on the axis Hod – Yesod, and his element is, surprise! Fire.(In numerology, reduced down XIX the Sun becomes I the Magician.) “The Sun will shine and give light to the earth to make all life possible. So the Sun stands for vitality and optimism, the blossoming of our nature, and is a sign that we have overcome the time of darkness and are ready to enjoy the light.” (Raven) He does have his “sunny” moments, does Raven. But the Sun also has its negative aspects; never forget that without the depth of water, the sun will create a desert. (If in doubt about this point, I recommend that you have a movie-marathon night, and watch these three films in this order: “Dune”; “Lawrence of Arabia”; “Pitch Black”.) However, let’s bring the paycheck home to Momma . . . I’m down in the dumps “spiritually, mentally & physically,” and even though I KNOW it is temporary, it is a good idea to remember XIX the Sun as my Feather of Truth today – my source, my solar father, the Guardian of my Days and my Nights. Several years ago, I went through an unexplained “sea-change” in my personal color preferences. I have always liked the ‘Bohemian Gothic’ hues, as well as the ever-deepening luxuries of dense colors that lead always inward – like purple, or dark red. However, several years ago all of that was overthrown in a wardrobe revolution of a few days – and the predominant color throughout my entire wardrobe is now yellow, a very bright, sunny Yellow. Chrome yellow. I mystified myself at the time, but went with the flow, I was sensible enough to do that. It is now identified with me as my “fetish color” by all of my friends here in Montpellier. I can only guess that it was a Voice in my Soul that was whispering to my Head, “Go Yellow in a BIG WAY from now on; he’s going to change and he needs a new color, in tune with his new self.” So as I sit here in my green house slippers, blue jogging pants and YELLOW t-shirt, I need to check out “Dad” today. I/We take him so much for granted, and not just physically; He is CRUCIAL in our development all along the Path, and never more than when he is lighting the way forward for you because behind there are only Shadows.    

No comments:

Post a Comment