Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Good morning and Welcome! to my Scales of Ma’at for 20Jan2016 : for my Heart card I have drawn the 1 of Earth (Ace of Pentacles) and representing the Feather of Truth today is the 7 of Water (Cups). (Today’s deck is the *Tarot of the Spirit* by Joyce & Pamela Eakins. Slick, professionally done, playing card size, & now the important part, wonderful art. I LIKE these cards. I don’t know if I’m going to like the IMMENSE reference book that applies to the deck, nor the wildly expensive 3-volume work on the Kabbalah & Tarot by Ms. Pamela that ties in, but I DO like the cards. I’ll probably like the books, too, even while not applying them particularly to this deck. “Yeah, it’s tough, gals, but it’s just the way I ride.” The LWB is cute & like its entire genre. The BIG book is the one to have, if you’re the type who HAS to have the book that goes with the deck. [With me, it just depends.] But by all means, the cards, being self-sufficient, may be used, & ENJOYED, alone.) Today is the first day of the rest of y. . . oh, wait, not that bromide, hold on . . . I’m starting more physical rehab today, to “improve the product.” Amongst other things, this also symbolizes my return to the walking, talking, outside world, from which I have been on vacation since my return home. Abso-fucking-lutely perfect for the occasion, for my Heart today I draw “Get busy & manifest!” the Ace of Pentacles, or in this deck, the One of Earth (a bit pretentious, a crippled name like that, non? Let’s be sure & just have a hissy fit about it! LOL.) Do you ever feel a bit imposed upon, as if someone has just laid a Duty on your shoulders without your permission, when you draw an Ace? They are always like, “Boy, you’ve got some REALLY BIG SHOES to fill here, sonny!!” It isn’t that I’m not capable, I’m perfectly capable, but let’s get a few things straight, buster – I’m nobody’s “sonny,” and it is up to ME what I do with the gift of an Ace of Pentacles, so fuck off. Of course part of that misdirected “You Should” is the gods-forsaken “critical voice” that is never entirely killed in your head, no matter how much you try (unless you go insane to forget it, then it has cost you too much.) You know, if you are anything like me, there’s only one thing to say to that parasite: Fuck Off. And thusly, I shall liberate myself to use that damn Ace any way I choose. Thank you very much! It's pretty basic: Ace of Disks, the Root of the Powers of Earth, sitting in Kether in the Tree of Life, arriving by way of, of course, Earth. In astrology it is ALL the earth signs. “The Ace of Disks represents the entity of the element Earth, the beginning of Assiah, the material world of making. It stands for the pureness of the element, and also for its seed, the first little sprout that later becomes a tree. So the Ace of Disks can stand for the beginning of a material subject, this can be a physical project or a material value, which could mean the urge to material creation or the chance for material gain. But, the Disks not only represent plain materials, but the entire world of Assiah, the actual, physical earth of daily life, and the actual, physical body of the human being . . . And in this context, the Ace of Disks tells us that something will be created, something will begin.” (Raven) And today it can begin by regarding from where the Feather of Truth is vibrating its message today, the 7 of Water (Cups). Ms. Eakins is “right on” with her interpretation of the 7, Insight. It still has a certain soupçon of “lost in the choices of illusion,” but I haven’t really seen this card that way since my 3rd wife got the last of my innocence in the divorce settlement. (LOL.) For Ms. Eakins, this 7 is all about “The empty space of the soul must be filled.” (LWB) We could get a MUCH bigger descriptor out of her from her book, but let’s not. I think if we “meld” all of our ideas about the card together, we arrive at something approximating the Feather of Truth. “What’s that, Grandpa?” “Pay attention, you little turd, . . .” The addictions & habits have never been about the booze and the drugs, the “illusions,” or the failed relationships, or the shitty subterfuges pulled on oneself; it has always been and will always be about the endless, soul-born need for Love. We will do ANYTHING to try and fill that hole, and I do mean ANYTHING, from worshipping a mad tyrant to shoving forgetfulness up our arms with a needle, to self-lobotomizing in a million & one different ways. “ ‘Cause I need the love, man!” Worst jonesing you’ll ever do, trust me. So, that’s where my Truth is shining today, through the mists generated by the shit of illusion, kind of like a giant neon “Jesus Saves” sign atop a giant pile of trash. Grin. (“Oh Poppa, I don’t wanna die on this mountain!” overheard at the Binding of Isaac . . . .) Me either. So, remembering that after all, I’m a fairly good guy, and I don’t need to judge myself, I can dive in and enjoy my Insight as the gift of Love that it is. After all, it isn’t the diamond that is flawed; it is our inability to perceive all of it at once, all the facets of it, which causes distortion and Need. I think I’m gonna let that go, n’est-ce pas ? It is an ongoing process, of course, you never “let it go” and dusting your hands, you’re done. Uh huh, it doesn’t work like that; but one can remain true to one’s “vow” to root it out every time it is spotted. IT has sexy but basic bones: 7 of Water/Cups sits in Netzach in the Tree of Life. In astrology “she” is Venus in the 3rd decan of Scorpio. “The Waters of Delusion, the Clouds of Intoxication,” yeah, been there, done that. No, thanks.  So the Feather today poses NO problems – good, “I didn’t wanna have to get all Vin Diesel on its ass” . . .LOLOL. Here’s hoping we ALL have a day full of the blessings of the Cosmos!   

No comments:

Post a Comment