Thursday, January 14, 2016

Good morning and Welcome! to my usual 2-card daily The Scales of Ma’at drawing; this for today, 14Jan2016, consists of: the Princess of Cups as my Heart and the 3 of Coins as the Feather of Truth. Looking at them both, I feel like Rhett Butler; “Frankly, my dear, I don’t give a damn.” There is something about that capricious, spoiled bitch on the left that makes me instantly dislike her; and the on the right we have a ridiculously “Republican” picture of Family Values, Deir el-Bahri- style. (Today’s deck is *The Journey Into Egypt Tarot” by Julie Cuccia-Watts. It’s a beautiful, high-quality art deck, with ENORMous cards & killer art. A winner. But boy! do I ever react to this deck! It’s odd – It is like they are people I actually know and for the most part really don’t like.) I am REALLY NOT MOTIVATED to read this for myself, (even though I did, instantly, when I turned the cards over, saw they were absolutely right and decided to get snotty about it. I AM lounging around feeling motivationless in my heart this a.m., and I know that the Feather of Truth is saying “master work in the sunshine of the risen day is the just milieu today” but frankly I don’t care and I am determined to while away the day on other small interests and concerns just to get away from the Tarot and this “yes, you can be trivial, Mark” spread. So . . .  I’ll just present you, the unknown reader, the bones of the two cards and you can draw your assumptions about my day. My Heart card, the Princess of Cups is the Princess of the Palace of the Floods, (Crowley), and she sits in Malkuth in the Tree of Life brought there by the Water. In astrology she is all of the water signs, and she is the Earth in the Waters of Briah. The Feather of Life is present in the 3 of Coins today, also called the 3 of Disks, or “Works” (Crowley.) Hi is sitting in Binah in the Tree of Life arriving by way of the Element Earth. In astrology, he’s Mars in the 2nd decan of Capricorn. It is a card of manifestation and understanding. Well, that finishes it, I think. I’m sorry about being so laissez faire about the cards today, but while they are appropriate and deserve a proper reading, I’m in one of those “I can’t be bothered” moods. So I’ll leave you to ignore my temper tantrums, and I wish to ALL of us the blessings of the Cosmos!  


No comments:

Post a Comment