Saturday, January 30, 2016

Good morning and Welcome! to the Scales of Ma’at for 30Jan2016: my Heart is in the 7 of Cups and the Feather of Truth is blazing in the 8 of Wands. (Today’s deck is *The Mary-El Tarot* by Marie White. This is a GORGEOUS deck, and professionally manufactured, as well, by Schiffer. There is an accompanying book (NOT a LWB) called “The Mary-El Tarot: Landscapes of the Abyss” by same. I don’t know why I don’t use this deck more often – because it is ungainly?? (The cards are the size of the Thoth Giant deck, if that connects for you.) Whatever, the art is Superb! And her meditations on the Arcana in the accompanying book are anything but standard or dull – she has put together experience & deep thought with her art and the result is a tour de force. IF you don’t already have this deck, you really should consider getting it, it is simply beautifully usable and will rapidly become a favorite, perhaps even your deck of choice!) Today’s draw is certainly interesting, given the deck. My Heart, the 7 of Cups, is markedly different than the usual depiction, n’est-ce pas ? So, you’re going to have to banish the image of me in a flowered skirt & spangled headband, too much eyeliner and chewing and smacking and popping gum while I drawl out, “yeayah, watch out fer illusion, make good choices, eh, girlie?” and you momentarily suspect, totally beside the point, that I might even be running a string of girls out of the back of the shop. No, Ms. White gives us the Black Wolf, the Wild wolf, the unconscious aspect of our abilities and potentials. I suspect this card has personal significance for the author/artist, because wow! she DOES go ON about it . . . yet all highly insightful & relevant, just not your daily Cheerios, at all. I really like this, THIS, card for my Heart today, I’m feeling a bit like loving myself, especially the wilder, more remote reaches of me that usually prefer absolute solitude. In the ongoing evolution of integration, I am gathering all the me-s I can find in order to bring us to consensus and blending – you can’t be a “split” Magus, you’re inviting not only the depression and desolation of failure but the possible critical disaster of a deformed success. The Wolf’s bones are simple enough: he sits in Netzach in the Tree of Life, arriving by Water. In astrology he is Venus in the 3rd decan of Scorpio. “In its best aspects, the Seven of Cups is a warning to recognize the delusion, the disguises, to get rid of the intoxicating feelings and face up (to) the facts. Netzach is not only anarchy, but creativity - so the realization of the bad can lead to something good when used with care.” (Raven) Gracias, oh pájaro negro de la sabiduría ! So it seems that in contemplating an exposed illusion of mine I can both dispose of it AND draw out of it some useful information for the future. Well, that’s heartening, at least. IF I’m going to feed my illusions to the jaws of the Wolf, then I prefer that he eat with appetite and HASTE. Ha!
Covering the Wolf’s back today as the Feather of Truth is the 8 of Wands, aka Swiftness. About the only thing “swift” in Ms. White’s depiction are the phoenix tails whipping around in the dancing flames of the lion’s mane. I think the illustration is brilliant, btw. “Now, at the end you rest, sleep and your Metatron carries you home.” (Ms. White) The Victory is DONE, I (we) have conquered the “beast within,” and we now profit from the sleep of the Victorious in the arms of the Beasts (our Metatrons) who carry us under the canopy of Nuit, the night sky and Mother of All. This card in particular is about having the trust in yourself to unveil a Truth, either hidden or forgotten, and to bring it in to the light and meld it into the Whole. Wow, what a great echo to the 7, eh, George? (George? Dammit, George, wake up!)  First, discard the FEAR which HAD governed a relationship with the Unconscious in the past, then venture in and find the specific Truth, and then allow the “transformer” you have just created to carry you along as a new aide on the Journey. Brilliant tactic . . . if you can realize it. Naturally, being my Aries/Dragon self, I see no problem here, just a touch of embarrassment that apparently I’ve let even more illusions hang out somewhere forgotten in the memory palace, and I just cleaned the place! {{Sigh}}, a homebody’s work is never done . . . LOL. I find the depiction of the 8 of Wands particularly inspired, and perhaps that is just the card speaking to Me, but I would venture to say it appeals to a LOT of Fire sign people. Shit, look at it! It’s “the cool side” of Fire.  Well, I like the way this morning’s reading has shaped up & shipped out. The Wolf and the Lion – it sounds like the title to a multivolume historical romance or something of that ilk, but in truth it is a Powerful combination, an unlikely alliance of forces meant to “pull up some damn strength in you, boy!” Not only that, but drag those recalcitrant parasitic illusions which remain out of the castle and let them die in the full light of day. Torches! Pitchforks! Arm yourselves!! LOL . . . I’ll finish up with a quick look at the 8’s bones: he’s in Hod in the Tree of Life, arriving through Fire. In astrology, he’s Mercury in the 1st decan of Sagittarius. “With the Eight of Wands the element of Fire enters Hod, the realm of intellect and logic, ruled by Mercury - thus an area much to its delight . . .  (it) can stand for sudden realizations, quick brainwaves, it can tell that the solution for a problem is already there or soon to come. It also reminds us that the spirit needs freedom to fly for otherwise it won't work at its best.” (Raven) You know, one of these days I’m actually going to meet Raven, and he’ll probably say to me, “Hey, knock it off, man. It bugs.” Until then, however . . . .  Today’s message is simple and straightforward – “get back to your interior work, and don’t worry, you ARE completely equipped for the plumbing job you’ll be doing today.” Which is good; any man worth his salt will tell you he can only be as good as his tools. (Please, it’s too early to extend that analogy, leave it in peace. I know, I know, “it’s cocktail hour SOMEWHERE in the world!” Nevertheless . . . Thanks.) I am content to leave it there for now and simply wait for “more to be revealed.” I wish for us ALL a good day bathing in the currents of the Universe and enjoying the blessings of the Cosmos! Namaste.   
 

No comments:

Post a Comment