Saturday, January 2, 2016

Good morning and Welcome! to the Scales of Ma’at reading for 03Jan16: XVIII the Moon is representing my Heart today and the Feather of Truth for the day is to be found in the 3 of Wands. (Today’s deck is *Tarocchi Delle Dee*, or to give it its English name, *Universal Goddess Tarot* by Antonella Platano. I am DISpleased with this deck. Universal goddess my ass – try misogynous man-hating shit. The author: illustrator has replaced EVERY male figure in the Tarot with a woman, WITH THE EXCEPTION of the Fool & the Hanged Man. Ms. Platano has no business deciding men have no place in the Cosmos. Screw her. That being said, I gave a special hello to the Goddess this morning, just on principle’s sake. I do love her.) Right off the bat, I’ve got Selene, goddess of the Moon, enthroned in my Heart today. And that is true, I’m feeling pretty damned fine with the Goddess right now, we are coexisting very harmoniously at this point. (This, despite this piece-of-shit deck; even the Goddess would upbraid the artist with, “Tsk, tsk! This won’t do at all, dear!”) This reminds me of another division with which I took umbrage, the quote in “Tarot Fundamentals” that Tarot is a Woman’s Art and the few men who have done/do it are the Grand Occultists. What a load of balderdash. Well, onward with today. So, Selena is sitting in my Heart, lighting in relief that she wishes to be seen and hiding in her shadows that which she doesn’t want me to know, today. That’s okay, I can live with that today, as long as she isn’t preparing to drag me through the reefs & shoals of being shipwrecked on a lunar-lit island somewhere, AS SHE HAS BEEN doing these last few meetings! I have LOVED it, of course, despite the rough ride, as it has unlocked and opened new worlds and vistas for me to fold into my growth, my Journey, my Reality, such as it is. On the other hand, it is NICE to have a bit of stability back and feel the masculine working away deep down in there, doing his part to keep the machinery running & Balanced. “That’s my man, off taking care of his job, which is making me feel good.” You may not realize it, but horses were Poseidon’s gift to mankind, made of sea-foam and moonlight; I think it is a lovely conceit to use them in such a non-traditional role as the two towers normally there.  And we need to remember her core truths, as well: She’s on the Path of Qoph, 29 in the Tree of Life. She IS the Moon in Scorpio (as in ‘the dark knowledge of the depths of soul’) and of course she’s Pisces. She hangs out on the connection from Netzach to Malkuth and her Element is, guess what, Water. “The Moon will lead us into the blackest depths of our soul, into the world of the subconscious, where there are no more words, just images and notions. It represents a journey into the darkest night, a look behind our own face. The Moon isn't the most comfortable trump - though everybody likes to equate it with the mysteries, rarely someone really enjoys the look into their own abyss, where sometimes the unvarnished truth is not too pleasant. Embarrassingly enough, the Moon tends to show up what we generally ignore, refuse to see, or even deny all the time. But the step has to be taken, for without facing up to darkness, we will never see the light. Unlike most trumps, the Moon has no real negative aspect, but it implies a serious danger. The journey into night could be too much when we're not prepared and we might get lost in our own shadow.” (Raven) Hair-raising stuff, eh? It’s why I like the Moon; like the Wheel of Fortune, you don’t know what’s going to turn up. Well, while I’m feeling appropriately lunar today, I need to look at the 3 of Wands for what the Feather of Truth is hoping to play on the higher strings of my awareness. The three women depicted here are the Horae: Eunomia, Dike and Irene; Discipline, Justice and Peace. Symbolizing the power of the Seasons (oddly enough) the oral tradition says that with the advent of the Dominion of Man they passed their responsibilities to us, to care take and safeguard Mother Earth and all of her children. Well, we’ve certainly fucked THAT up, haven’t we? One of the MANY intergalactic crimes which I pray will one day be forgiven us. But I get the message; everything in my life lately has been leading me to greener, more bio-friendly paths. I lived a gas-guzzling American Far West kind of life, complete with cherry red Cadillac de Ville convertible, and one of the frabjous joys of my life was when I moved to Europe and didn’t need a car. That started the train; slowly but surely, things have been getting more bio-, more green, more sustainable in life other than my overwhelming ego, but hey! can’t have it all! What I can see here in the 3 is also the coming together of the beginning forces of a “mental revolution.” Let’s remember who 3 is: she is Virtue. She sits in Binah in the Tree of Life and is there by Fire. In astrology she is the Sun in the 2nd decan of Aries. (That’s hot, baby. Whoever thought Virtue would be SO FIERY!?!) “The Threes are connected to Binah - Understanding. The untouched energies of the Two's have met the 3, the number of synthesis and harmony. They're no longer solitudes; they face up to their meanings and surroundings. The Three of Wands is called 'Virtue' - the powerful fire understands its responsibility.” (Raven)  I love my buddy Raven, always an appropriate word when needed. So, really, today, I need to be aware of my RESPONSIBILITY to the planet, to myself, to my loved ones, to make sure that my responsibilities are being met in such a way that we are ALL being met with fulfillment. May the Cosmos bless you!   



No comments:

Post a Comment