Sunday, January 3, 2016

Good morning and Welcome! to today’s Scales of Ma’at reading, with 1 card representing my Heart today and the other representing the Feather of Truth, what is in this day for me to learn. To strive for as a goal. Well, today I have to start off with a good laugh; those two just won’t give up!!! I’d expect the Queen of Swords to have a pair of brass balls, but the Moon?? They aren’t content about showing up in at LEAST 3 of 6 recent readings these past weeks & months, and now their riding in here together, hell bent for leather, in order to get something through to me. (Today’s deck is, of course, “Tarot Illuminati” by Erik C. Dunne and book by Kim Huggens. I have a problem with Erik’s deck – it’s too pretty to use! I get lost in the art and forget the thread of my reading as I wander through these illusory storylands he has painted on each card. But the public LOVES them, & I’ve received requests for readings with the “beautiful fantasy scenes” [meaning Erik] along with the occasional RSW, Thoth or even rarer Tarot of Marseille client. Well, let’s take a look at the gals YET AGAIN and see what they are so DESPERATELY trying to scream into my ear (although I think I already know what it will be.) The Queen is the Queen of the thrones of Air, sitting in Binah in the Tree of Life by the waters in the airs of Yetzirah. In astrology she is 21° Virgo to 20° Libra. “As the mother of the Air, she will have a strong dominance of intellect. The Queen of Swords can be very sensitive, perceptive, sharp-witted and intelligent. On the dark side, she can turn cruel, malicious, narrow-minded, deceitful, and dangerous, too. Being water in air, the Queen of Swords lacks the stability of the Earth as well as the will of Fire.” (Raven) I believe that might be a slightly more “human” description of what is going on with her than most writers give her. However, looking at Erik’s glory & splendor of Elizabeth I is lovely, isn’t it? And the same is true for our Truth/Feather of the Day, XVIII the Moon. The Moon has been “after me” (if I may be so crude about what wasn’t crude) for a while now and with growing and growing urgency. I believe she wants me to dive, dive deep and take care of some small knotty problems that still exist even with the remodeling of the Memory Palace. Let’s take a look at her, XVIII the Moon: in Scorpio, as the dark knowledge of the depths of soul. Pisces (of course!) and “patrols” between Netzach and Malkuth Her Element is (Oh! I’m shocked!) Water. “The Moon will lead us into the blackest depths of our soul, into the world of the subconscious, where there are no more words, just images and notions. It represents a journey into the darkest night, a look behind our own face.” (Raven) “But you have to do it, you know? If you don’t, you don’t get to evolve, silly!” The Moon and I are normally alright – I used to be a night owl and many were the evenings we spent in long conversation. She was important in the first manifestation of my Osage gift. She is all that mystery she’s cracked up to be, sure, and more, but you know what? She’s just a likeable girl, too. She reflects the Light of her distant Lord, but her love is for us. And one day in the not too distant future she will leave us (scientifically true) and then where shall we place our Mysteries? (Bitter men everywhere are sputtering, “I knew it! Women always leave!”) Unlike most trumps, the Moon has no real negative aspect, but it implies a serious danger. The journey into night could be too much when we're not prepared. So, get prepared. And I am, I think – my Heart is RICH with recent emotional experience and liberation, and the job continues at a nice 3 of Pentacles pace, as I “Consult” with the “other members” of my being and we decide what to keep and what to throw away. Currently we are sifting through childhood memes of masculinity and what it means to be man. I’ve got some surprisingly good ones and some real stinkers, or course, mixed right in there just as they have been since inception. So, class, let’s look at today’s reading . . . . ummm, hmm, ummm, any ideas? LOL. Not really, I’ve got a very good idea of what is being shouted at me: “Get the hell on with your leg-healing process & get back to work!! While the Moon is giving me one of her sidelong, meet-me-later looks. It turns out that the Moon has a demand, too; not a request, but a demand; “You owe me some time in the temple, Mister. I suggest you arrange it ASAP. Not only do you have a LOT to process but I’m lacking staff to top it off!” Poor Moon, always on the horns of her own dilemma – “Am I beneficent or baleful?” She is, of course, both, but she really only wants to be one or the other, her schizophrenic life has become predictable. Regardless, she is OUR Moon, and we have her for the time being, so let’s make good use of her archetypal talent to allow us to see behind the mirror, to see the real us, for me to see the real Mark. I don’t find him to be the creature everyone paints with kindness and approbation, but I don’t find him to be Dorian Gray, either. I’ve been going to the Karma Klinik in Geneva for the last several decades, and working a lot of that shit out had a very freeing, revivifying effect – sometimes I feel almost young again, a silly enough thing to say. The point being, and yes, it REALLY IS the point: take your fearless warrior spirit and venture into your unconscious, go meet your dreams and nightmares and understand them if you haven’t before. It will only benefit us. And as you can see, I’m being called rather imperiously to get my butt over there and do as required. May the Lord of Light & Darkness and Our Lady Isis be with me today, the Moon looks as if she’s enjoying her role of “headmistress?” May the Cosmos bless ALL of you!    

No comments:

Post a Comment