Sunday, February 14, 2016

Good morning and Welcome! to my Scales of Ma’at for 15Feb2016 : today my Heart is being weighed in the guise of the 10 of Chalices and the Feather of Truth is wafting around disguised as the Ace of Pentacles. (Today’s deck is the source of that very popular cat-magus card I posted the other day. The deck is *TAPO KATABACИЯ* or the *Tarot Cat-A-Vasya by Vladimir Strannikov and Felix Eldemurov. A Russian deck that came to me a bit mysteriously: I don’t remember ever ordering it, yet it showed up just the other day, in plain brown paper & cardboard wrapping, à-la-Soviet, and I thought, “What strange item has slipped through the time-net to land at my door?” This is it. Of course, I MUST have ordered it; Right? Um-hmm, you are as convinced as me, n’est-ce pas? Regardless, it is a “cute” deck, better than many. I’ll keep it in mind if I ever develop a weakness for “cute decks.”) So it seems my Heart is feeling like it is lolling around in the blind happiness of a sea-lion colony sunning on a beach, eh? Perhaps I AM in a state of surfeit of physical happiness, but I don’t believe you can tell it by me. Jeanne & I were remarking the other night how self-satisfied we felt with the life we have constructed here in our current residence, and that we felt blessed to “have so much” (relatively speaking) as to make our retired lives comfortable (FAR from luxurious.) But that is about as far as being of 10 of Hearts-y goes, with either of us. Let’s look at its bones: aka Satiety, he sits in Malkuth (surprise, surprise) arriving by Water. Astrologically he is Mars in the 3rd decan of Pisces (Water, Lucky Jumping Fish, etc.) “. . . the Ten is not the end of a line, but the end of a circle - the cross sum of 10 is 1 and there we are at the Ace again. After all the ups and downs of the journey, we find ourselves at its beginning, and it is up to us whether we use our experiences or not.” (Raven) Yeah, that’s about it, you beaky black psychopomp. But surely we can only be talking about my Emotional constructs here, not my Journey, because I’m NOT dead & waiting to be reincarnated . . . I think. Grin. I just finished destroying literally emotional TONS of evil & foul-smelling sewage that had accumulated in the emotional piping of my Memory Palace; it was a Herculean job (the Augean stables?) and I AM starting (well, almost) from Ground Zero in rebuilding and carefully reconstructing all of the items & paraphernalia that I DO want to save back into working order. That is DEFINITELY the 10 ending the cycle and moving back to the Ace! 
In this case, however, the Feather of Truth is telling me to be aware today of the principles of REALLY starting over, ALL of it, and to take ALL of those lessons to heart and mind and look at each moment of the Journey as the 1st moment of the Journey. Becoming jaded with the Journey is simply NOT an option – that way lays George Sanders. (A celebrated Golden Age Hollywood actor famous for his worldly, cynical roles, Sanders’ life was almost exactly the same, so at the age of 66 he committed suicide. He left a note that said, “Dear World, I am leaving because I am bored. I feel I have lived long enough. I am leaving you with your worries in this sweet cesspool. Good luck.” Sad and rather peculiarly “small,” don’t you find? He was a proud, vain man & wouldn’t have worn the news well that his death trivialized his life.)
So, since becoming jaded is not an option, one must make an ACTIVE decision, each and every day, each and every moment, to ENGAGE with the Journey in order to further your own growth and eventual enlightenment. I try to do that, Horus knows I try, but if I’m honest, yes, there are times when the lassitude sets in because I’ve simply seen and done so much in 63 years that it leaves me numb to the world’s crappy input from time to time. As do all perfectionists, I long for exterior perfection as well (not seriously, I’m not a psychopath) in the sense of “WHY do I have to put up with this constant and unending influx of SHIT from you, World?” The clown laughs, flips me the finger, and moves on. Speaking of, let’s look at the beginning’s neophyte skeleton: the Ace of Pentacles, aka “The Root of the Powers of Earth,” is in Kether on the Tree of Life, having sprung from Earth to arrive. Astrologically he is all of the Earth signs. “The Ace of Pentacles (sic) represents the entity of the element Earth, the beginning of Assiah, the material world of making. It stands for the pureness of the element, and also for its seed, the first little sprout that later becomes a tree . . . And in this context, the Ace of Pentacles tells us that something will be created, something will begin.” (Raven) Simple enough, I suppose, but I admit to real curiosity about WHAT new emotional project may be about to begin? May the many & varied blessings of the Cosmos rain down upon us all today!    

No comments:

Post a Comment