Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Good morning and Welcome! to my Scales of Ma’at for 23Feb2016: As my Heart card, I contemplate the azure & sapphirine depths in the person of XII the Hanged Man, and the Feather of Truth is playing games tickling the Knight of Swords’ necks, or hoods, whatever. (Today’s deck is *Tarot D: The Didactic Tarot* by Jeffrey N. Donato. BIG! Colorful! Shiffler® professional product! Action-packed, almost Marvel-style art, very kitschy and yet right on point. Mr. Donato has added 21 cards: 2 more in each suit and 12+1 other, unlabeled cards looking as important as the MA [99 cards total.] For my purposes in this read, I used the standard 78, pulling the extras until I can make sense of them and make a decision as to whether I shall ever work the extras or not. I won’t I imagine, I don’t like individual tinkering with the basic setup of the deck; it reeks of Hubris, of “Looky looky! I changed the metaphysical Universe All by myself! Aren’t I special?” “Yes, you’re special alright, enough to merit a horsewhipping; now get your ass to the woodshed.” Don’t misunderstand me; I LIKE the deck, but am reserving judgement on the extras and the story within, at least what I have gleaned of it so far. After all, it just arrived yesterday.)  With our eyes momentarily blinded by the riot of color on each card, I am at least capable of noting that my Heart today is XII the Hanging Man. That’s cool, I’m down with XII, and we are old friends. As I’ve stated before in my writings, I have NO problem with self-sacrifice, zilch, zero, IF it really is what it says it is and does what it wants to do – give itself in trade for something of great value & of future great use for others. I can get behind it to the point of practicing it; one can sacrifice one’s goals, as well as one’s self; or one’s dreams; or other meaningful facets of the donor being which merit consideration. So my Heart is living in the spirit of Sacrifice today, which is okay, IF I KNOW WHY.  I may display charity, but I dislike doing it stupidly, thus the WHY? He can start by telling me his “bones”: Well, he’s hanging out with Uranus which symbolizes neutralization and inversion and Neptune which IS the spirit of sacrifice, and it’s all wrapped up in the 12th house as a symbol for metamorphosis through isolation and knowledge. He’s “hanging” from the Tree of Life between Geburah and Hod, but can float on Water. His number, 12, ties him tightly to the zodiac. “In its positive aspect, the card shows the need for a time of consideration, the forced relaxation gives the opportunity to relax and reflect, to sort thoughts and ideas and find a new way to cope with a situation.” (Raven) Unlikely, positive words from you of all beings, eh, Raven? Well, what do I know? I wasn’t under the impression that a situation had arisen in my life that has brought me to such an Arcanum: I’m not DOING anything that requires that I step aside or abstain for the greater good, (unless of course I were to sacrifice myself for the greater benefit of men everywhere, who would no longer have to compete with my incomparable handsomeness & gentility. LOL!!) I’m going to put a marker on that one, and check back in later to see if something has come up that clarifies the card. I dislike pulling an extra at this point, “not just yet,” we need to see how it segues with the Feather of Truth. 
So, let’s look at the Knight of Swords, an old, old friend, sometime self and sometime sparring partner. His bones are simple: AKA the Prince of the Chariot of the Winds, he agitates in Tiphareth in the Tree of Life. Astrologically he bestrides Capricorn and Aquarius, riding on Air in Yetzirah. “Being Air in Air, the Prince of Swords is the pure manifestation of mind and intellect, full of plans and ideas which on the worst side may disturb and confuse each other, on the best create an inexhaustible spring of creative thoughts. On the dark side, the Prince of Swords lacks both the qualities of Water and Earth; he can easily become unstable, unreliable and extremely moody, using his amount of intelligence to trick himself through life, becoming a master of disguise and cheat.” Well, yes, it IS true; I do admit him as one of the main facets of my character, along with his King, and the Knight and King of Wands. I have old, old connections at the Pentacle Court, as well. I believe if every grown man is honest, he is a mixture of any, some and/or all of the male Court figures; the trick is to figure out which ones are REALLY you. The Knight is “one” of me, (just as is the XII, the Hanged Man, in that I slip into his skin so easily, but he is outside the Courts.) If I have ANYTHING to say to myself looking at today’s reading as a “gestalted” whole, I would say, “Mark, old pal, it’s time to cinch up your belt and take a breath. There’s some self-sacrifice that may need to be accomplished, and it doesn’t look like it’s going to be easy. It seems as if you are going to face active opposition from either a strongly rebellious and fougueux facet of your own personality or, with that much energy, it may crystallize exteriorly in the person of a young person who is involved in some way. Today you need to keep open your self-chat line and monitor what is being asked of you, and pay attention to the little microjudgments you are making all the time, as we all do. That Knight’s energy MAY be there to help you, you may suddenly be going on psychic “jihad” or “crusade,” I don’t know, but if it IS a doubled-duo, you have some heavy changes in mind and you don’t feel like waiting much longer to get them rolling. Is that right, Mr. Miller? It is? Um-hmm, I thought so. The tip jar is by the door.” Here’s hoping that the “tips” that the Cosmos gives us ALL today are “right on the money!”    

No comments:

Post a Comment