Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Good morning and Welcome! to my Scales of Ma’at for 24Feb2016: as my Heart I have drawn the 4 of Wands and signifying the Feather of Truth today is the 8 of Swords. (Today’s deck is, again, *The Tarot of the Holy Light* by Christine Payne-Towler & Michael Dowers. I like it, obviously.) Ahh, a minor arcana hand, subtly leading the reader away from the bright lights of the big city for more dimly-lit country charms.  Not dim-witted, mind you. My Heart today is all about the 4 of Wands – the official sponsor of  *Tarot Teamwork – Get Your Team Up The Tree Today!* Yep, it is the long & loud call for like-minded individuals to join me, rendezvous of Arcturus 5, and then sweep in and eradicate Zurg’s evil empire together! Yay! Hurrah! Whoop-de-doo. No. Do you remember a little while ago when I was getting all of that Ace of Wands energy, the Ace yelling at me to get off my fat asscheeks and DO the “necessary thing.” Along the same lines, I am now being counseled to get my team together, the work is right ahead, c’mon, hustle, hustle! And I STILL don’t know what the project is! I’d better get a clue, and fast, before I have it built and walk away and never get the chance to explain it to myself! (Squirrelly, I know, but you understand. If you don’t, take the red or the blue pill, but for fuck’s sake! make a choice! J) Ok, doc, a quick look at the bones: 4 of Wands – AKA Completion, sits in Chesed in the Tre of Life, having arrived via Fire. In astrology she is Venus in the 3rd decan of Aries. “The Four of Wands represents Chesed - the power of condensation, growth and stability, standing in the structural discipline of the 4 - the work is done, the plan was successful, the Fire has settled and reigns over its realms. Fire is the element that stands for Atziluth, the world closest to divinity, and though the card might talk of every possible endeavor - a job, a relationship, an intellectual research, it is most likely aiming at something more spiritual . . . we've learned a lesson and that the failure in the 'profane' world was just what we needed to achieve more spiritual maturity.” (Raven) Harrumph! The bird talks to me of maturity and he’s all of 7 years old! Ha! Well, “from the mouths of babes,” I suppose . . . . There doesn’t seem to be a call for this card as something predictive but as a kind of secretarial record, because I feel we have already taken that step; a group of friends and I last night began to plan a set-time spiritual journey in which we shall all participate, in approximately three weeks, when we can all reassemble. The Work of the Rose goes forward by the Sun, by Light. My hope in it showing up this morning is to give it the USDA mark of approval as “Grade AAA prime-cut aged beef,” and approved for “public” consumption, i.e. my group. I find it a positive sign in the face of already taken action.
 Today the 4 Wands, the Rose and the Sun are all meeting over by the “picket sword fence” that has been constructed this morning by the Feather of Truth. Am I being barred from something? Warned? Why is there blood? This card is often called “The Test,” where I pass the “Does it really work?” stage of the Journey. The card’s quite clear Yes/No, Now/Wait, Positive/Negative qualities are clearly marked by how the card falls, Sun or Moon up. Either way, Stress may be involved and there is ALWAYS a need to keep a watch out for that. The postures of Success and of Failure are divided by a HAIR-THIN line, and the card doesn’t admit of childish behavior or hesitation or imprecision. Also, Triage Your Challenges.  Choose only those that strengthen you, not those that drain without return. Christine has a good line here with “. . . evolution does not favor the psychologically immature.” On a more medieval, earthy side, that gate appears to me much like the crossed swords barring entry to the King’s presence; is your counsel of wise enough temper to be worthy of admission to the council chambers of the King? Things must be unmade and remade here in the 8: one must have gained the fortitude along the way to weather the hurricane as you are deconstructed and reconstructed in the wink of an eye, but without problem because you have held your astral body intact, as a template. Christine remarks that the attitude is summed up by “Today is a good day to die!” I think I’ll part company with her, however, and choose, “Today is a good day to make informed choices to evolve.” Let’s peek at the 8’s bones real quickly: 8 – AKA Interference (??? Really?) sits in Hod in the Tree of Life, having arrived on a current of Air. In astrology he is Saturn in 21° - 30° of Gemini. “With the Eight of Swords, the suit enters Hod, the realm of intellect and logic, and one should think how happy the Swords must be now that they are 'amongst fellows'. But Hod is more the structure of mind, while the Swords are the freedom of mind - conflicts are pre-programmed. Further, the Eight of Swords reveal the nature of the suit regarding its tendency of analyzing and considering everything, digging out a counter-argument for any argument there is, quickly recognizing any limitation and conclusion that in the end means the interference in the own reasoning.” (Raven) Well, just a country fête of cheery words today, aren’t you, Bird? Alright, challenge my emotions, don’t get into a selective blur. I get it (and thank you!) So, minor arcana hands CAN bring interesting news, but we all knew that, right? The Blessings of the Cosmos can and will find root today in the soil of your soul; Water the Seeds!   

No comments:

Post a Comment